49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

49ers' Jimmie Ward on Why Rams Handled Things 'The Wrong Way'​

San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward had gotten the best of the Los Angeles Rams in nearly every way through almost three full games of action last season.

San Francisco swept the two-game regular-season series. Ward intercepted Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford twice in the first meeting at Levi's Stadium, taking one back to the house in a dominant 31-10 win.

Then the Niners orchestrated a season-saving overtime win in Week 18, outscoring the Rams 24-7 in the second half at SoFi Stadium to secure a playoff spot. This win helped catapult them all the way to the NFC Championship, where the two division rivals met again for a shot at the Super Bowl.

This time, the Niners had the early upper hand. Ward had picked-off Stafford as the Rams were on the verge of scoring inside the three-yard line. The play helped spark San Francisco to a 17-7 lead, an edge the team held into the closing minutes of the third quarter.

But then, LA had its revenge, pulling away in the fourth with a 20-17 win to advance to the Super Bowl.

And in a recent interview with CBS Bay Area, Ward didn't hold back the disrespect he felt with how the Rams changed their postgame demeanor following the NFC title game.

According to Ward, the Rams showed poor sportsmanship in the previous two loss to the Niners, refusing to shake hands. But with their trip to the Super Bowl secured, their tune suddenly brightened.

"When you mention the Rams, they beat us in the big game," Ward said. "That was right before the big show. They wanted to shake hands and do all that once they won, but when we beat them twice during the season, they didn't want to shake hands and walked off. Poor sports, but you know, I get it. I understand."

Ward didn't point out anyone in particular who was in the wrong but did go out of his way to heap praises on Rams receiver Cooper Kupp. But these compliments only went so far.

"I just felt like they went about it the wrong way, but it wasn't everybody," Ward said. "Like Cooper Kupp, he's such a great guy ... he's a great guy, but I still don't like him when we on the field."

As expected, Ward doesn't take kindly to any of the other NFC West rivals. The Rams seem to be at the top of his hate list.

"Them, Arizona, Seattle, whoever it is. My team and myself, we will be ready and we don't like them. We're not friends, we're not cool. When we're on this field it's about business. It's about getting the job done."

Ward, who will miss at least the first four weeks of the season on injured reserve as he deals with a hamstring injury, will be absent for the Niners' first matchup against the Rams this season. San Francisco will make the trip to SoFi for a matchup on Monday Night Football in Week 4.

But luckily for him, the Niners play host to LA in Week 8 on Sunday, Oct 30.

"We get to see them twice every year," he said. "That's the beauty of the sport."
Lol. How about the 49ers blatantly targeting OBJ's head all game if you want to talk about sportsmanship?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, I get what Ward is saying. He has a point.

I mean OBJ should have gone over to Ward and thanked him for the late hit to the head.

Kupp should have hugged Al-Shaair for the late hit to his head.

And, Stafford should have planted a big, fat, wet kiss to the cheek of Warner for his late hit to the QB’s head

Instead, what do the always “Classy” 49ers get?!? Poor Deebo Samuel (always a classy gentleman) only gets respectful and sympathetic pats of support from the evil OBJ and heartless Leonard Floyd.

Jimmy Ward is a really good player; and, apparently, a Little Bitch.

dang

Legend

49ers' Jimmie Ward on Why Rams Handled Things 'The Wrong Way'​

San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward had gotten the best of the Los Angeles Rams in nearly every way through almost three full games of action last season.

San Francisco swept the two-game regular-season series. Ward intercepted Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford twice in the first meeting at Levi's Stadium, taking one back to the house in a dominant 31-10 win.

Then the Niners orchestrated a season-saving overtime win in Week 18, outscoring the Rams 24-7 in the second half at SoFi Stadium to secure a playoff spot. This win helped catapult them all the way to the NFC Championship, where the two division rivals met again for a shot at the Super Bowl.

This time, the Niners had the early upper hand. Ward had picked-off Stafford as the Rams were on the verge of scoring inside the three-yard line. The play helped spark San Francisco to a 17-7 lead, an edge the team held into the closing minutes of the third quarter.

But then, LA had its revenge, pulling away in the fourth with a 20-17 win to advance to the Super Bowl.

And in a recent interview with CBS Bay Area, Ward didn't hold back the disrespect he felt with how the Rams changed their postgame demeanor following the NFC title game.

According to Ward, the Rams showed poor sportsmanship in the previous two loss to the Niners, refusing to shake hands. But with their trip to the Super Bowl secured, their tune suddenly brightened.

"When you mention the Rams, they beat us in the big game," Ward said. "That was right before the big show. They wanted to shake hands and do all that once they won, but when we beat them twice during the season, they didn't want to shake hands and walked off. Poor sports, but you know, I get it. I understand."

Ward didn't point out anyone in particular who was in the wrong but did go out of his way to heap praises on Rams receiver Cooper Kupp. But these compliments only went so far.

"I just felt like they went about it the wrong way, but it wasn't everybody," Ward said. "Like Cooper Kupp, he's such a great guy ... he's a great guy, but I still don't like him when we on the field."

As expected, Ward doesn't take kindly to any of the other NFC West rivals. The Rams seem to be at the top of his hate list.

"Them, Arizona, Seattle, whoever it is. My team and myself, we will be ready and we don't like them. We're not friends, we're not cool. When we're on this field it's about business. It's about getting the job done."

Ward, who will miss at least the first four weeks of the season on injured reserve as he deals with a hamstring injury, will be absent for the Niners' first matchup against the Rams this season. San Francisco will make the trip to SoFi for a matchup on Monday Night Football in Week 4.

But luckily for him, the Niners play host to LA in Week 8 on Sunday, Oct 30.

"We get to see them twice every year," he said. "That's the beauty of the sport."
This coming from the cheap shot 69er defense. Greenlaw, Warner snd Ward himself!!! They start shit. The Rams defense finishes shit. Their tears of defeat are delicious.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Yeah, I get what Ward is saying. He has a point.

I mean OBJ should have gone over to Ward and thanked him for the late hit to the head.

Kupp should have hugged Al-Shaair for the late hit to his head.

And, Stafford should have planted a big, fat, wet kiss to the cheek of Warner for his late hit to the QB’s head

Instead, what do the always “Classy” 49ers get?!? Poor Deebo Samuel (always a classy gentleman) only gets respectful and sympathetic pats of support from the evil OBJ and heartless Leonard Floyd.

Jimmy Ward is a really good player; and, apparently, a Little Bitch.
At the college and high school level, Ward's targeting would have led to a disqualification. He left his feet, hit a defenseless player, and made forcible helmet to helmet contact. Great question, why wasn't he disqualified? These are non football plays the NFL should be removing from the game.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There are FALSE reports that the Niners are releasing 2021 3rd round pick ... RB Trey Sermon.

Of course this must be a mistake.

Just two days ago, the following was reported:
"NBC Sports' Peter King believes Trey Sermon will be the 49ers No. 2 running back to start the regular season."

Used to like Peter King ... Still Do! Just don't think he's well-clued-in any longer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are FALSE reports that the Niners are releasing 2021 3rd round pick ... RB Trey Sermon.

Of course this must be a mistake.

Just two days ago, the following was reported:
"NBC Sports' Peter King believes Trey Sermon will be the 49ers No. 2 running back to start the regular season."

Used to like Peter King ... Still Do! Just don't think he's well-clued-in any longer.

View: https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1565084851522265088?s=20&t=7jAaNoDxBMAeeKgx9h-FBw

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
But the whiner fans are already comparing them to Montana and Young. Of course a few days ago they said they couldn't wait to see Jimmy GQ gone.

Fair comparison. Garapollo to Montana and Young. But Montana is in his 60's and Young late 50's. I think it's a fair comparison. :)

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So is it because they don't have faith in Trey Lance? Is it because they just want a backup who knows the system? Or does the reduced contract make him more tradeable? Is there a team he wouldn't mind being traded to? A team he would approve with the no trade clause?

Paying big money to a backup QB is tough. More than likely a backup can carry you for a game or two but that's about it. That's why it was a miracle that Kurt Warner came out of nowhere to lead us to our first Lombardi. I seriously punched the wall in my house when Trent Green went down that season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Churn baby churn. Dickwad Inferno.
BadIckyBat-size_restricted.gif

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Above, I referenced Peter King reporting two days ago that Sermon would be the Niners' #2 RB.

The media source that referenced King's comment suggested he was way-off, and that the the Niners were complimentary of Sermon's pre-season in hope of getting something via trade.
Below is that source's quote:
"Niners GM John Lynch's recent comments about Sermon being "one of the best players" at training camp was widely seen as a transparent effort to ramp up trade talks with teams in need of backfield depth."

As I wrote above, I just don't think Peter King is at the top-of-his-game anymore.

Psycho_X

Legend
As I read the Whiner news here and as we are now 1 week before the official season starts I thought it'd be very important to remind us of a motto to guide us...

FUCK THE WHINERS!!!!!!

Carry on.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Above, I referenced Peter King reporting two days ago that Sermon would be the Niners' #2 RB.

The media source that referenced King's comment suggested he was way-off, and that the the Niners were complimentary of Sermon's pre-season in hope of getting something via trade.
Below is that source's quote:
"Niners GM John Lynch's recent comments about Sermon being "one of the best players" at training camp was widely seen as a transparent effort to ramp up trade talks with teams in need of backfield depth."

As I wrote above, I just don't think Peter King is at the top-of-his-game anymore.
This is a good example of why not to take what coaches or GMs at face value all of the time.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is a good example of why not to take what coaches or GMs at face value all of the time.
Agree. I would just expect someone with Peter King's decades of experience to be more aware.

But an older guy that is "Mailing-It-In" a little bit might completely miss-read things. Many of us do just that (Mail-it-in) towards the end of our work-careers (consciously or not); or just get a little lazy. As you get older, most people lose something off-their-fastball.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

LOL… 9er nation up in arms cuz shit talker 9er reporter Grant Cohn has been going at Javon Kinlaw

Yeah, the reporter is a complete douche, but for Kinlaw to go off in such an unprofessional manner instead of having the FO handle it…

It’s just funny to me… I’m glad they’re focusing on that instead of opening day…