49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
And a wiener dog with a schadnboner is a sight to behold!
If dogs took showers after gym Herman would be the dog walking around with the towel over his shoulder instead of wrapped around his waist.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Again, nothing to see here. I will start judging Lance when they open up against the Chicago Bears in Chicago. That should be a nice game for Lance to get his feet wet as I believe the Bears will be the worst team in the NFC North.

The following week the 49ers play the worst team in the NFC West in Seattle, so again, Lance should be on the winning side. The next two games will be more challenging as the 49ers play the Broncos & Rams, but until then I will save my judgment for their young signal caller.

Would be nice to see Lance toss 4 INTs in one of those games so they start out 1-1 (or worse)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
$7M guaranteed up to $16M if he hits playing milestones. The Trey Lance sucks insurance policy

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So is it because they don't have faith in Trey Lance? Is it because they just want a backup who knows the system? Or does the reduced contract make him more tradeable? Is there a team he wouldn't mind being traded to? A team he would approve with the no trade clause?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They say it's Trey Lance's team and Jimmy G's restructured deal somehow benefits the Niners. The fact remains: if you have two QB's, you have none.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So they have an experienced backup that can't win the big game with a stacked roster. As insurance incase the inexperienced project QB can't win with the same roster.

Great time to be a Rams fan!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Well… put me in the camp that wanted JG gone.

Our defense will eat Trey Lance alive. JG gives the 49’ers a bailout option.
JG has a no trade clause, which he can waive. That doesn't mean he won't be traded, but can pick and choose where he wants to go. If I'm Jimmy GutPunch, I consider waiving my clause if Pittsburgh calls. Houston or Atlanta, no thank you.

The Whiners would get an additional $5M of cap savings instead of the $1.5M from his former contract.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
JG has a no trade clause, which he can waive. That doesn't mean he won't be traded, but can pick and choose where he wants to go. If I'm Jimmy GutPunch, I consider waiving my clause if Pittsburgh calls. Houston or Atlanta, no thank you.

The Whiners would get an additional $5M of cap savings instead of the $1.5M from his former contract.
I hope you are right.

I was looking forward to the 49’ers rolling out the gate with Trey Lance, Nate Sudfeld, and Brock Purdy.

:laugh4:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Same camp here. He's had 1 too many good games vs Rams. While I don't mind adding some wins to that record, just wanted him gone to another team.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

It would be a bold and potentially disastrous move for the 49ers to bench Lance in favor of Garoppolo. They've pretty much backed themselves into a corner in which they have to stick with Lance, Hell or high water. The only real benefit they'll get from retaining Jimmy Garoppolo would be in the event that Lance gets injured.

While I'd agree that it would be better for us if Garoppolo was traded or cut, I will say that I'm glad they failed to cash him in for future draft capital. Had they timed it right, they probably could have obtained some day 2 picks (something similar to what the Colts received for Carson Wentz).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
49ers are going nowhere this year and frankly the best thing that could happen is for the 49ers to give up on Lance halfway thru the season, go to JG and watch him light up every team he plays other than the Rams. He's untradeable, a cancer in the locker room, and no way he'll be back in San Fran next year thanks to that ridiculous contract they signed him to. A no trade AND a no franchise tag? So dumb.....

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
49ers are going nowhere this year and frankly the best thing that could happen is for the 49ers to give up on Lance halfway thru the season, go to JG and watch him light up every team he plays other than the Rams. He's untradeable, a cancer in the locker room, and no way he'll be back in San Fran next year thanks to that ridiculous contract they signed him to. A no trade AND a no franchise tag? So dumb.....
Schedule makers did us a solid if it plays out this way. We get the 49ers in games 4 and 7. Hopefully, the 49ers will have seen enough by then and will be starting JimmyG in game 8!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hope you're right, but IMO, besides QB, they have an excellent roster and their first two games set up nicely against the Bears & Seahawks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hope you're right, but IMO, besides QB, they have an excellent roster and their first two games set up nicely against the Bears & Seahawks.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The schedule was their friend. Shanahan can call the kind of game he called with Garoppolo. Safe stuff for the quarterback. Run the ball. Quick outs, slants, WR screens, etc. The first two games will allow him to do that with Lance and still win. What they're hoping is, Lance will be able to get his feet wet before the schedule gets tougher and maybe he'll be a little better. Personally, I think it takes longer than two games but we will see.