49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, whiner fans are in a panic. After that TD pass to a wide open receiver in the first game they were elevating him to first team All Pro. Now they're nervous. Some are even saying they might have to keep Garoppolo another season because Lance isn't ready. Man, that really gives me a schadenboner.
And a wiener dog with a schadnboner is a sight to behold!

Little snippet I found from the worldwide web -

"First, it was the preseason, and preseason games — for the most part — are trash.

Second, without star left tackle Trent Williams (who was wisely being kept in bubble wrap), the line got beasted by veteran edge rusher Jerry Hughes and various other Texans defenders, which made it much harder for Lance to shine.

Third, it's not as though Shanahan was running his good stuff, or anything close to it. Not wanting to show anything to upcoming regular season opponents, Shanahan didn't gameplan for the Texans.

"We didn't even do an install," one offensive player said, laughing, before the game.

Did the 49ers do a walkthrough?

"Yeah, this morning," the player said. "They basically just handed us a sheet of paper with the (scripted) plays."

Oh, and one more caveat: Have we mentioned that it was the preseason?"

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

"First, it was the preseason, and preseason games — for the most part — are trash.

Second, without star left tackle Trent Williams (who was wisely being kept in bubble wrap), the line got beasted by veteran edge rusher Jerry Hughes and various other Texans defenders, which made it much harder for Lance to shine.

Third, it's not as though Shanahan was running his good stuff, or anything close to it. Not wanting to show anything to upcoming regular season opponents, Shanahan didn't gameplan for the Texans.

"We didn't even do an install," one offensive player said, laughing, before the game.

"Yeah, this morning," the player said. "They basically just handed us a sheet of paper with the (scripted) plays."

Yeah... and they didn't score a single point... with a decent amount of starters on offense.

One takeaway from this article... Jerry Hughes. He may be a mid-season option for the Rams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Again, nothing to see here. I will start judging Lance when they open up against the Chicago Bears in Chicago. That should be a nice game for Lance to get his feet wet as I believe the Bears will be the worst team in the NFC North.

The following week the 49ers play the worst team in the NFC West in Seattle, so again, Lance should be on the winning side. The next two games will be more challenging as the 49ers play the Broncos & Rams, but until then I will save my judgment for their young signal caller.

dang

Legend
Yeah... and they didn't score a single point... with a decent amount of starters on offense.

One takeaway from this article... Jerry Hughes. He may be a mid-season option for the Rams.
Always like Jerry Hughes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, nothing to see here. I will start judging Lance when they open up against the Chicago Bears in Chicago. That should be a nice game for Lance to get his feet wet as I believe the Bears will be the worst team in the NFC North.

The following week the 49ers play the worst team in the NFC West in Seattle, so again, Lance should be on the winning side. The next two games will be more challenging as the 49ers play the Broncos & Rams, but until then I will save my judgment for their young signal caller.
C'mon Den, you owe Trey, thirty large? Related? Black mail?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
C'mon Den, you owe Trey, thirty large? Related? Black mail?
What I owe him is to watch him crash & burn, but I need to see with my own eyes before I pass judgment. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will start judging Lance when they open up against the Chicago Bears in Chicago.
Come on Den. If you wait until then and he's good, you'll miss out on all the aping fun. Gotta thump on him any and every chance you get. Life's short.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Come on Den. If you wait until then and he's good, you'll miss out on all the aping fun. Gotta thump on him any and every chance you get. Life's short.
I guess the 49ers are in my head, you're right, Lance is shit, in fact, he's worse than shit, he's where flies go after they've been on shit all day.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wow they have a really easy first 2 games. Perfect for Lance to ease into things. Too bad

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wow they have a really easy first 2 games. Perfect for Lance to ease into things. Too bad
Let's hope the Bears will be fired up in their opening game under new Head Coach Matt Eberflus. Eberflus is supposed to be a supreme defensive coach, so shut the inexperience field general down Coach! It's in Chicago so hostile territory.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's better. See that it doesn't happen again.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Hamstring injury could send San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward to IR to open season​

5:30 PM PT
  • i

Nick WagonerESPN Staff Writer
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers expect to be without free safety Jimmie Ward longer than they initially hoped.
Ward suffered what coach Kyle Shanahan called a "pretty bad" hamstring injury on Aug. 14, and though the Niners acknowledged he would miss some time, it could cost Ward the first month of the season.
Niners general manager John Lynch said on the pregame show for Thursday's preseason finale against the Houston Texans that Ward is likely to land on injured reserve to start the season, which would cost him the first four games.

49ers sign safety Gipson after Ward's injury

"He allows us to do what we do," Lynch said on Amazon's broadcast. "He's a safety who plays like a safety but also covers like a corner. He's often times our best cover man, so it's a big loss. But we got to find a way to step up."
The Niners signed veteran safety Tashaun Gipson on Monday to increase the depth and competition with Ward out. Dontae Johnson, who is entering his ninth NFL season, moved from cornerback to safety in camp and is getting a long look at free safety after returning from a rib injury recently.
Tarvarius Moore and George Odum have also been getting snaps in Ward's place since his injury.
Per league rules, if the 49ers want Ward to land on injured reserve with the option to return, they cannot make that move until after the cutdown to the initial 53-man roster.
That means the Niners will have to carry Ward on the 53-man roster until after 4 p.m. ET Wednesday before they can place him on injured reserve. If they did it before then he would have to miss the entire season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Didn’t the Rams backups score on the Texans starters? How do they explain that then?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This guy seems to be reaching to put a positive spin on Lance. I guess he doesn’t want to upset the fan base.
The beauty of sport is that the games have to be played and the truth will be revealed. People can do what they do, i.e. delude themselves and make excuses, but scoreboard is scoreboard.

I cannot wait to see them shit the bed.

And btw if they lose Jimmy Ward for any length of time they are even further up shit creek. Ward and Warner are the true heroes of that defense. They're the ones flying around everywhere making plays. Subtract Ward and shit is gonna look a lot different for them.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The beauty of sport is that the games have to be played and the truth will be revealed. People can do what they do, i.e. delude themselves and make excuses, but scoreboard is scoreboard.

I cannot wait to see them shit the bed.

And btw if they lose Jimmy Ward for any length of time they are even further up shit creek. Ward and Warner are the true heroes of that defense. They're the ones flying around everywhere making plays. Subtract Ward and shit is gonna look a lot different for them.

I hope their interior line is as bad as it sounds... they'll ruin any chance of him being good.