49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I’m curious what Pete Carrolls team is going to look like,especially without Bobby Wagner. Either way The Rams are better from there loss.
Add Russell Wilson to the question mark.It will be very telling on how good of a coach Pete really is?
PC is good, no doubt about it, but he's getting on in age for the rigors of NFL life. How Seattle does this season could have effect on his future .
train

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's gonna be funny to see Silver do battle vs that media troll on twitter. I'm assuming that Silver will try to butter up the 9ers by helping them take out the trash, but maybe not.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's hoping lance is a complete bust. Can't wait to see 9er fans crying again.
Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is it that Niner DB's can't hold on to the ball...well, besides funny as hell.

frank sinatra laugh GIF by The Academy Awards
I dropped that one on a few Niner fans talking about this too :D I was less popular by the minute with them haha

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The 9ers are always a concern for me. That defense can be really, really, really tough.

And the Lance thing could go either way.

Aiyuk is looking like a star in camp and looked that way down the stretch last year.

Let's hope their interior Oline is a shit show and Lance's growth is severely stunted as a result.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem with the shitter defense is they can beat us in the trenches. One of the reasons I am so excited to see Bruss get in there and doing his thing. Nothing against Shelton, but I'm done watching backup level talent get pushed around on our interior by the bigger fronts. We need more physicality in that middle and if that happens it will help vs the shitters just like Wagner's addition and fixing that slot role.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The problem with the shitter defense is they can beat us in the trenches. One of the reasons I am so excited to see Bruss get in there and doing his thing. Nothing against Shelton, but I'm done watching backup level talent get pushed around on our interior by the bigger fronts. We need more physicality in that middle and if that happens it will help vs the shitters just like Wagner's addition and fixing that slot role.
Agree completely on the line.
It will be interesting to see if they take a slight step back this year after losing DJ Jones and Arden Key. Armstead is dinged up and Hurst is out.
Getting wrecked on the inside is a recipe for disaster, reference the Titans game, so I hope Shelton is an overachiever.. or Bruss catches up fast.

I have no idea who Hurst is so I looked him up.....he played 41 defensive snaps last year for the Whiners. Arden Key hadn't done squat until last year with them and even then he was a situational player. He probably benefited from the Bosa effect. So if that's part of the equation that causes them to take a step back them they weren't very good in the first place.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no idea who Hurst is so I looked him up.....he played 41 defensive snaps last year for the Whiners. Arden Key hadn't done squat until last year with them and even then he was a situational player. He probably benefited from the Bosa effect. So if that's part of the equation that causes them to take a step back them they weren't very good in the first place.
Hurst was hurt last year and was expected to be a rotational guy.. low rotation like Copeland. Key had 6.5 sacks.. who cares what he did before that? Kind of like losing Fox for the Rams. Key got paid decent off that season.. again, like Fox.

DJ Jones is a beast and they don't have him. They'll need to count on Kinlaw, who's got the body, but hasn't shown much.

Drake Jackson, by all accounts, has looked fantastic.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I suspect the Rams D will handle things with Lance just fine. They’ll bottleneck his escape routes and force him to make reads and stand in there.

Facing Wilson, Murray twice a year has refined our D’s effectiveness vs these types of QB’s. Jimmy J has given us more trouble. The older less athletic Aaron Rodgers too. Brady not so much but he’s a statue.

It seems that ever since Lamar Jackson made us look silly a few yrs ago the containment has gotten better facing these uber athletic guys.

Tano

Legend
I suspect the Rams D will handle things with Lance just fine. They’ll bottleneck his escape routes and force him to make reads and stand in there.

Facing Wilson, Murray twice a year has refined our D’s effectiveness vs these types of QB’s. Jimmy J has given us more trouble. The older less athletic Aaron Rodgers too. Brady not so much but he’s a statue.

It seems that ever since Lamar Jackson made us look silly a few yrs ago the containment has gotten better facing these uber athletic guys.
The Baltimore game reminded me of a Pro Bowl game where no one tackles.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Shanahan really isn't that great. He has losing seasons 3/5 years and his record without Jimmy G is abysmal.

Also, what QB has Shanahan actually developed?
What gets me is they expect somebody unproven to come in and match or exceed Crapolo's production. How likely is that in the NFL? The odds are way against them for that to pan out.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The old play your shitty QB in preseason vs backups to build confidence routine.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Man the 49er hatred on this board is truly inspiring. I love that this board is filled with 49er hating Ram fans. Best Rams board on the net.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's gonna be funny to see Silver do battle vs that media troll on twitter. I'm assuming that Silver will try to butter up the 9ers by helping them take out the trash, but maybe not.

Oooh. I never thought of that. I bet they spar.

I agree 100%.

Shelton’s value is in versatility, as top backup.

Play the HEAVY’s!