49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have seen nothing that would lead me to belive he is capable of being an NFL starter. Not in college, and obviously nothing yet in the NFL. will he prove the doubters wrong? Who knows, but I would rather continue to piss on him and his idiot "Trey Area" fans than to praise him in any fucking way. I hate him and and other doucher to strap on a NeIner helmet.

One awkward 3/4 armed td throw accounted for 76 of those yds. Good enough throw, but that kid is going to have so many strip fumbles that Goff himself will chortle. 3/4 for 16 yds is what's left. Again, that was against the FFCoA (Future Fry Cooks of America).
Fair enough, but let's do that sort of math for Matt's stats this year and see what happens.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’m praying their interior line is a problem.

He’ll develop some bad habits quickly, if that’s the case.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough, but let's do that sort of math for Matt's stats this year and see what happens.
Nah, Matthew is the Rams QB, and therefore is beyond reproach. I reserve my criticisms for shitty SF players... And I am not ashamed.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
While watching Trey, I saw nothing alarming and nothing brilliant. The sample size is too small to make even a semi-reasonable assumption

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
While watching Trey, I saw nothing alarming and nothing brilliant. The sample size is too small to make even a semi-reasonable assumption
IDK he threw 5 passes completed 4 of them and one for a TD. He ran once for 7 yards too. Again small sample size, but IMO, you can't do much better then that, albeit, against a preseason defense.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
IDK he threw 5 passes completed 4 of them and one for a TD. He ran once for 7 yards too. Again small sample size, but IMO, you can't do much better then that, albeit, against a preseason defense.
Agreed, through those 5 passes he didn't alarm and in fact was efficient. I just am not ready to reasonably assess his potential yet. I think it will take 6+ games to see what he is and project any real impact he may have. I have to admit after reading some of the posts regarding his accuracy issues, I was expecting to see a couple of passes completed to sideline personnel.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have to admit after reading some of the posts regarding his accuracy issues, I was expecting to see a couple of passes completed to sideline personnel.
I concur I also believe that if he was really that bad, they would not be looking to trade Garoppolo. Again need to see more of him against better competition, but in fairness I've seen other QB's in the past do much worse.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
vs a vanilla defense and probably future Home Depot employees. Shanny probably game planned for him like a regular season game.

*have some more hater-aide, den!
It still to accurate passes I guess. That’s a 23 yard average. I’m going to have to watch to see if it was mostly YAC with short passes and what kind of pressure he faced.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It still to accurate passes I guess. That’s a 23 yard average. I’m going to have to watch to see if it was mostly YAC with short passes and what kind of pressure he faced.
There was a 76-yard-TD. The receiver was open but it was a very good throw.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
One awkward 3/4 armed td throw accounted for 76 of those yds. Good enough throw, but that kid is going to have so many strip fumbles that Goff himself will chortle. 3/4 for 16 yds is what's left. Again, that was against the FFCoA (Future Fry Cooks of America).

Crown his ass...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am NOT buying Trey Lance.

His accuracy is going to be his downfall. In the NFL… that will lead to INT’s.

Tano

Legend
There was a 76-yard-TD. The receiver was open but it was a very good throw.
Receiver couldn't get any more open than that.

It was a decent throw on a wide open receiver with absolutely no pressure.

If a pro QB can't make that throw, he shouldn't even be a back-up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

No - the thing with him is he is missing the first read. The TD pass was a long pass that the WR had 2 steps on the DB on 3rd down.
He has a strong accurate arm & can run. The rest of his game is questionable

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Receiver couldn't get any more open than that.

It was a decent throw on a wide open receiver with absolutely no pressure.

If a pro QB can't make that throw, he shouldn't even be a back-up.
Well he put it on him(wr),still passes it in stride