CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray calls out Colin Cowherd over comments​

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray took to Twitter on Thursday to defend himself from comments from a national radio host.

Earlier in the day, Fox Sports Radio's Colin Cowherd had argued that it was hard to build a culture around the QB.

Murray tweeted "Run whatever narratives y’all wanna run with… but questioning my work ethic, we not going for. Stop playin’ w/ me Colin. I still rock w/ you but cmon."

Murray evidently wasn't happy with Cowherd's comments, in which he compared Murray to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“Kyler (Murray) and Aaron (Rodgers) put their talent first and their behavior second,” Cowherd said. “And that is the opposite... of what wins at the highest level.”

He added: “Kyler Murray is Aaron Rodgers. Aloof, trust issues and kind of do their own thing… They lean on their talent.”

Murray's response to Cowherd's comments prompted the sports personality to "create clarity" for the situation on his show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, on Friday, saying that Murray "misinterpreted" his comments.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243200586530817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243200586530817%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

“I did not question his work ethic,” Cowherd said. “I had a five-minute rant yesterday. I think he’s misinterpreting it a little bit. I don’t question his work ethic. So let me create clarity for this. I thought about it all afternoon. How can I create clarity in this Arizona situation for Kyler Murray, his agent and the people who watch? When a star leans into a culture, that’s perfect. Coaches create culture, and GMs create culture. The two greatest players of my lifetime who leaned into the culture are Tim Duncan and Tom Brady.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1517547715386769409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517547715386769409%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Cowherd's comments weren't the only comments that Murray addressed on social media Thursday.

Murray replied to a clip from a podcast where former Cardinals player Patrick Peterson speculated about the quarterback playing elsewhere with "I wanna win Super Bowls with the Cardinals, AZ is home."

The quarterback also replied to a tweet about Cardinals general manager Steve Keim saying there was "zero chance" Arizona would trade Murray.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243934837256194?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243934837256194%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Speculation has surrounded Murray, who is seeking a new contract, and the Cardinals all offseason.

Perhaps Murray's responses on social media are a sign that a resolution could be in sight?

Cowherd... Living rent-free...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Murray cannot repair his image by replying to tweets. He has lost a lot of respect this offseason, respect that he will need to earn back. So, he either grows up and stops being a me guy or he is who he is now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Murray cannot repair his image by replying to tweets. He has lost a lot of respect this offseason, respect that he will need to earn back. So, he either grows up and stops being a me guy or he is who he is now.

I am wondering if this was a wake up call for him?

“Nobody“ seemed to agree with his holdout threat… Instead he heard a lot of criticism from the media.

Murray can play at a high level. He seeeems to be saying all the right things now.

But, football is an emotional game… you still need to be a leader when the sheet hits the fan. Can he be that guy? Thats where he’s struggled before.

oldnotdead

Legend
Colin's analysis is spot on. Kyler wants to win but he doesn't want to put in the work. Someone else needs to carry the water. His ego comes first. They will always self destruct because when things go bad, Kyler sulks like a child waiting for someone else to turn things around. That's why he pulled himself out of a game. He won't admit to himself what his limitations are. He hasn't put in the work to learn to read defenses and he NEVER WILL. Thats why he's a loser and always will be. Bidwell is so stupid he can't see that.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243200586530817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243200586530817%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yardbarker.com%2Fnfl%2Farticles%2Fkyler_murray_responds_to_colin_cowherds_comments%2Fs1_127_37429815

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray calls out Colin Cowherd over comments​

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray took to Twitter on Thursday to defend himself from comments from a national radio host.

Earlier in the day, Fox Sports Radio's Colin Cowherd had argued that it was hard to build a culture around the QB.

Murray tweeted "Run whatever narratives y’all wanna run with… but questioning my work ethic, we not going for. Stop playin’ w/ me Colin. I still rock w/ you but cmon."

Murray evidently wasn't happy with Cowherd's comments, in which he compared Murray to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“Kyler (Murray) and Aaron (Rodgers) put their talent first and their behavior second,” Cowherd said. “And that is the opposite... of what wins at the highest level.”

He added: “Kyler Murray is Aaron Rodgers. Aloof, trust issues and kind of do their own thing… They lean on their talent.”

Murray's response to Cowherd's comments prompted the sports personality to "create clarity" for the situation on his show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, on Friday, saying that Murray "misinterpreted" his comments.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243200586530817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243200586530817%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

“I did not question his work ethic,” Cowherd said. “I had a five-minute rant yesterday. I think he’s misinterpreting it a little bit. I don’t question his work ethic. So let me create clarity for this. I thought about it all afternoon. How can I create clarity in this Arizona situation for Kyler Murray, his agent and the people who watch? When a star leans into a culture, that’s perfect. Coaches create culture, and GMs create culture. The two greatest players of my lifetime who leaned into the culture are Tim Duncan and Tom Brady.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1517547715386769409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517547715386769409%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Cowherd's comments weren't the only comments that Murray addressed on social media Thursday.

Murray replied to a clip from a podcast where former Cardinals player Patrick Peterson speculated about the quarterback playing elsewhere with "I wanna win Super Bowls with the Cardinals, AZ is home."

The quarterback also replied to a tweet about Cardinals general manager Steve Keim saying there was "zero chance" Arizona would trade Murray.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243934837256194?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243934837256194%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Speculation has surrounded Murray, who is seeking a new contract, and the Cardinals all offseason.

Perhaps Murray's responses on social media are a sign that a resolution could be in sight?

Cowherd counters are VERY WEAK.
GBay & Rogers have the winningest record in The NFL the last 2 seasons.
Winning it ALL is tough. F- TB12.

Saying the QB is hard to build a culture around? I think it always comes team first,but QB is a good space to start with. Look at the Greats over the years. Manning comes to mind.There is a long list.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Colin's analysis is spot on. Kyler wants to win but he doesn't want to put in the work. Someone else needs to carry the water. His ego comes first. They will always self destruct because when things go bad, Kyler sulks like a child waiting for someone else to turn things around. That's why he pulled himself out of a game. He won't admit to himself what his limitations are. He hasn't put in the work to learn to read defenses and he NEVER WILL. Thats why he's a loser and always will be. Bidwell is so stupid he can't see that.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243200586530817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243200586530817%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yardbarker.com%2Fnfl%2Farticles%2Fkyler_murray_responds_to_colin_cowherds_comments%2Fs1_127_37429815

I disagree. You go back & look at that Green Bay game. He should have been taken out & protected. The Cards had the Best record in The NFL at the time.

RG111 against Seattle should have been taken out,but The Shanahan’s we’re to EGO & not about protecting the player.
IMO those were mistakes & your dealing with players careers.

oldnotdead

Legend
Perception is everything when it comes to being a team leader. Kyler took himself out of the game. IMO that means the coaches didn't see his injury as one that was that serious. Kyler has a very real problem in that he is not looked upon as a leader by his teammates or the coaching staff.

Burrow gets dinged but he shrugs it off and returns. Stafford gets dinged and he returns. Kyler gets dinged and pulls himself out to sulk. I've looked at the game and he was pacing the sideline sulking. That isn't lost on his teammates. If Kyler gives up why shouldn't they? You give it your all no matter what the score, not just when you are winning.

The coaches and FO made it very clear they need him to show maturity and leadership. Something he hasn't done in 3 years. He hasn't improved his ability to read defenses and from his teammates, he isn't putting in the time to learn it. At the same time he's complaining about scheme runs for him. He doesn't want to be a running back. If he isn't going to run and won't put in the time to learn to be a pocket passer, what kind of QB is he going to be? This is what Colin was referring to. Kyler puts his throwing ability above becoming a leader of the team. But without learning to read he's left with quick short passes or mistakes in the secondary.

Teams are going to look at his playoff trouncing and he's going to see more of that from now on. Take away his quick two short reads and pressure him. Just plot his throws and see about 80% are 10 yds or less. That is the opposite of someone like Stafford, Wilson and Rodgers. Kyler is a second-tier QB no better than Jimmy G, or Baker Mayfield who also can't read defenses. But Kyler expects to be treated as a franchise phenom and he isn't.

Jimmy G, Goff, and Dak are at the top of those second-tier QBs. I would take any of those three over Kyler any day of the week. You can win with those guys.

oldnotdead

Legend
Talking to people here in Tucson, there is speculation that the Cards may not extend Kyler this year calling his bluff. Forcing him to play or STFU. If he holds out they tank this year which probably would be good for them because next year is looking like a good QB year. If he plays poorly again they have their answer.

This would be an $11M prove-it year. If Kyler does play well and gets them at least one playoff win, then they will pay him. It won't cost them more than he's already demanding anyway.

IMO that is the way to go. They won't get much for Kyler in a trade now and if he signs as a FA elsewhere they get a comp pick. Extending him now increases their potential for a big problem if they want to get rid of him later. Even the fans here know he's hit his ceiling. Pay him and don't cry if you are nothing but fighting for wildcards or don't pay him and try to get a true franchise QB. Paying Kyler is telling him one and done as a wildcard is good enough.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I challenge everyone in this thread to use small ‘letters when typing Murray” . It only seems fair for his stature.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
These QB contracts are going to force many NFL teams to do the college thing and just draft big/fast athletes and run shitty read option offenses.

Paying a guy like Murray is stupid IMO. Draft a running QB every year or two instead and treat them like running backs i.e. never pay them. At this point it's gonna be what they deserve for continuing to take more and more of the available cap every year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
These QB contracts are going to force many NFL teams to do the college thing and just draft big/fast athletes and run shitty read option offenses.

Paying a guy like Murray is stupid IMO. Draft a running QB every year or two instead and treat them like running backs i.e. never pay them. At this point it's gonna be what they deserve for continuing to take more and more of the available cap every year.

You and I have talked about that concept before. If someone can figure it out.

You still got to pass, the league is set up to encourage it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I keep suggesting it but unfortunately teams ain't buying it. :laugh4:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a good way to never win anything ever.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that's the way it's trending basically. There aren't enough Burroughs in these draft classes. Most are just guys who want to cash in and you're gonna be paying shitter QBs $30M per. Fuck that.

If I don't have a QB have to say I'd be doing some extreme shit. Like maybe an offense with 9 OL and two guys in the backfield. You'd be limited in scheme but how many teams would be able to field that many DL eh? Mash that shit lol. :laugh4:

Oh and btw that QB cash you save = two reasonably well paid starters at some positions.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
There's a report locally saying the Cards are in fact picking up the 5th year option.