CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now, according to this: “Odds Checker had the Cardinals at -500, or an implied chance of 83.3% to keep Murray, but interestingly placed the Dallas Cowboys as the favorite to land Murray, should he leave Arizona.

Dallas was given +800 odds, or an implied chance of 11.1% to land Murray.”

:laugh1:

This is getting better by the day
I would not want Dak playing in Arizona but would love Murray on Dallas. Few more years of mediocrity for Dallas.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would not want Dak playing in Arizona but would love Murray on Dallas. Few more years of mediocrity for Dallas.
I’m not all that impressed with Dak’s skills and he wouldn’t fit the Cards current offense, requiring some changes. But his character and leadership skills could be refreshing.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I agree. Cowpie fans shit all over Dak, but he would be a problem in AZ. Interestingly, though many Dallas fans don’t want Murray’s immaturity and lack of size, lots more want him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Dak is better than Murray so yes I agree with this thought. Dak still has ceiling he has yet to reach but for now he's a legit playoff level QB who is still putting things together. His bigger problem is the coach selection and teambuilding by his owner.

Next year if Jerry Jones is smart he'll go get asshole face. Then he might see Dak take that next step.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Next year if Jerry Jones is smart he'll go get asshole face. Then he might see Dak take that next step.
Agreed, McCarthy has to win it all to save his job, but Payton has been waiting a long time to be Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys and in 2023 he will get his wish, but as always, be careful what you wish for.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I’m not all that impressed with Dak’s skills and he wouldn’t fit the Cards current offense, requiring some changes. But his character and leadership skills could be refreshing.
Agreed. Murray has skills , but there is where it ends

I remember posting about the Cardinal play in game against the Worlford led Rams in 2020.

Murray sat out for most of the first three quarters with an ankle injury. Murray was injured on a tackle during the opening drive. Yet I watched him jog up and down the sideline on more than one occasion during those 3 quarters

He did manage to get back in the game in the 4th quarter. Murray passed for 80 yards after returning from sitting out for most of the first three quarters.

Arizona would have clinched a Playoff spot with a victory. And yet Murray is healthy enough to jog the sidelines, but unable to play?

Stafford or any QB worth his salt would have never missed a beat. If you can Jog - you can drop back and pass - Murray proved that in the 4th quarter.

As I said after that game IMHO Murray doesn't yet have the heart, leadership or maturity to be a SB winning QB.

If I am Cardinal GM, I'm trading him while he still has value. Whiners at QB don't win SB's

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
What about Houston? I think Murray could be had for a first and a third at this point. Dude has never made it through a season healthy. He shares a similar skill set with Watson, but with slightly less accuracy. Heck toss in Mills.

I actually think Houston may be playing coy as I don't think they're totally invested in Mills after a partial season. They don't know his floor and ceiling. If a better option presents itself, you need to listen.

oldnotdead

Legend
Absolutely Dak is better than Murray. Murray is the one that is overrated. He can't carry a team if he has to. Dak can read beyond 2. To date Dak is what I look at as being a good tier 2 QB. You can win with them if you put a team around him on both sides of the ball. Like Goff the Cowboys need to play to his strengths.

Mills is a good QB who needs time to develop. He looked to be a two year project guy. He would have been better if he had a year to red shirt and develop. But if they invest the time to coach him well they will have a good QB. It's hard to say what Mill's ceiling is but I see it being like Cousins, Dak and Goff. From the film I've seen on Mills I think LZ's evaluation is spot on. Mills can end up being sneaky good if given the opportunity to develop under good coaching. LZ's scouting report.

LZ:
Mills is still in the developmental stage as it pertains to his ability to command the offense and play chess against coverages and blitz looks. He's made for a play-action attack that can promote his timing as a passer and help keep him protected. The injury background and lack of experience are potential stumbling blocks, but the talent is better than the production

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible trade scenarios for the NFL Draft…LOL

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/...swaps-kyler-murray-dk-metcalf-jimmy-garoppolo

B63AE04E-4AA0-437D-810E-EDEF05E2A0BD.jpeg

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Hard to imagine the Jets giving up on Wilson so soon. Unless there is commitment concerns on Wilson's part.

I liked Wilson best of the 2021 draft class.
Murray playing in NY would be interesting - that’s a brutal environment for someone who is not resilient!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Murray playing in NY would be interesting - that’s a brutal environment for someone who is not resilient!
He couldn't handle it. Thin skin doesn't last long there. Fans would be like Pirahnas. And if he really doesn't like getting hit, can you imagine the turtle impersonation we'd see on a cold night in Buffalo? Or New England? Hell the media would eat him alive.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Along with the Chicago Bears, the Cardinals are the only other founding member left in the NFL. Years of futility ensued, except for 1947 when they won their only NFL Championship. You are probably in an assisted care facility if as a fan, you remember the Chicago Cardinals winning that Championship. It's been 75 years and two relocations since the Chicago Cardinals won. I saw a meme, mocking this fact and it kind of hit me where I live. Could I have remained a fan of a team through all of that? I called myself LoyalRam originally, because I endured the various relocations, like some of you did. I endured the many losing Rams teams, of which the disappointment is very dim now after last year. But WE had 7 straight NFC West Championships in the 70's. We have played in five Super Bowls and have won two of them. We even won two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era.

Imagine 75 years of nothing.

For the handful of original Chicago Cardinal fans, who never waivered in their support, you have my respect. I don't think I could have done it before stopping being a fan of the NFL, because I couldn't have switched teams.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s sort of funny when The Rams played the Cards the talk was how big of a game it was & how good he would play on that stage.

Was thinking how crazy things in the NFL can get if they think like Les Snead.Amazing the trades he has pulled off over the years,plus FA signings.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Along with the Chicago Bears, the Cardinals are the only other founding member left in the NFL. Years of futility ensued, except for 1947 when they won their only NFL Championship. You are probably in an assisted care facility if as a fan, you remember the Chicago Cardinals winning that Championship. It's been 75 years and two relocations since the Chicago Cardinals won. I saw a meme, mocking this fact and it kind of hit me where I live. Could I have remained a fan of a team through all of that? I called myself LoyalRam originally, because I endured the various relocations, like some of you did. I endured the many losing Rams teams, of which the disappointment is very dim now after last year. But WE had 7 straight NFC West Championships in the 70's. We have played in five Super Bowls and have won two of them. We even won two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era.

Imagine 75 years of nothing.

For the handful of original Chicago Cardinal fans, who never waivered in their support, you have my respect. I don't think I could have done it before stopping being a fan of the NFL, because I couldn't have switched teams.
This futility must be what 49ers fans feel after 27 years
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray calls out Colin Cowherd over comments​

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray took to Twitter on Thursday to defend himself from comments from a national radio host.

Earlier in the day, Fox Sports Radio's Colin Cowherd had argued that it was hard to build a culture around the QB.

Murray tweeted "Run whatever narratives y’all wanna run with… but questioning my work ethic, we not going for. Stop playin’ w/ me Colin. I still rock w/ you but cmon."

Murray evidently wasn't happy with Cowherd's comments, in which he compared Murray to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“Kyler (Murray) and Aaron (Rodgers) put their talent first and their behavior second,” Cowherd said. “And that is the opposite... of what wins at the highest level.”

He added: “Kyler Murray is Aaron Rodgers. Aloof, trust issues and kind of do their own thing… They lean on their talent.”

Murray's response to Cowherd's comments prompted the sports personality to "create clarity" for the situation on his show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, on Friday, saying that Murray "misinterpreted" his comments.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243200586530817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243200586530817%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

“I did not question his work ethic,” Cowherd said. “I had a five-minute rant yesterday. I think he’s misinterpreting it a little bit. I don’t question his work ethic. So let me create clarity for this. I thought about it all afternoon. How can I create clarity in this Arizona situation for Kyler Murray, his agent and the people who watch? When a star leans into a culture, that’s perfect. Coaches create culture, and GMs create culture. The two greatest players of my lifetime who leaned into the culture are Tim Duncan and Tom Brady.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1517547715386769409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517547715386769409%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Cowherd's comments weren't the only comments that Murray addressed on social media Thursday.

Murray replied to a clip from a podcast where former Cardinals player Patrick Peterson speculated about the quarterback playing elsewhere with "I wanna win Super Bowls with the Cardinals, AZ is home."

The quarterback also replied to a tweet about Cardinals general manager Steve Keim saying there was "zero chance" Arizona would trade Murray.

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1517243934837256194?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517243934837256194%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F04%2F22%2Fkyler-murray-calls-out-colin-cowherd-arizona-cardinals%2F7420783001%2F

Speculation has surrounded Murray, who is seeking a new contract, and the Cardinals all offseason.

Perhaps Murray's responses on social media are a sign that a resolution could be in sight?