CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was just snooping AZ boards, and a lot aren’t happy with Murray.

If he gets a better deal, he could be putting pressure on himself.

Trade talk;

Get Baker Mayfield;

Lmaooo. These people don't know how NFL teams operate.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't make a joke around a Cards fan right now, they are a mite bit touchy...lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

REPORT: Kyler Murray Believed To Have A Notable Deadline To Receive Contract Extension​

Kyler Murray is adamant about getting a new contract before hitting the field for the 2022 season.

The Arizona Cardinals quarterback is not expected to play unless he gets a new deal, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. The Cardinals have yet to make a contract offer to Murray.

Pelissero wrote that Arizona “insists” they won’t trade Murray, but also said he doesn’t see the former No. 1 pick playing the 2022 season without a new deal. Given that Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford, and Derek Carr have all recently signed new deals worth in excess of $40 million per year, Pelissero reports that it would be a “surprise” if Murray plays on the $5.5 million he’s owed next season.

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer added that Murray and his camp “have long viewed” the upcoming NFL Draft as a deadline for a new proposal.

“Cardinals QB Kyler Murray and his camp have long viewed the draft as a deadline for a new contract—we talked about this back in March—because if they were going to ask for a trade, they’d wanna do it before then,” Breer said. “Putting the ball in AZ’s court is the next step in that direction.”

View: https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1514699802772127746?s=21&t=pa9mqGyRQk6CCB7mk_wKfQ

The 2022 NFL Draft begins in just two weeks, so something needs to happen or we could have a holdout from Murray on the way.

Murray and the Cardinals got off to a torrid start last season, opening 7-0. Things fell apart soon after and the team went 4-6 and bounced out of the playoffs in a 20-point blowout by the Rams.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
“We don’t want Kyler as he’s not going to get the job done. Also let’s trade him for 3 1st round picks…” this sentiment hurts my brain

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know if anyone would give a first for Murray. I suppose it might get a bottom feeder fan base some excitement. But he's a risk. He's effective when he's using his legs. But that puts him at risk. Hasn't missed a lot of games but he sure gets dinged up a lot. Then he has to become a pocket passer which is something he isn't very good at.

I noticed his rushing yards and rushing TD's last season were half what they were the year before. Either he cut back on his runs due to injury or they wanted him to be more of a pocket passer. Either way that would be a red flag for me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't know if anyone would give a first for Murray. I suppose it might get a bottom feeder fan base some excitement. But he's a risk. He's effective when he's using his legs. But that puts him at risk. Hasn't missed a lot of games but he sure gets dinged up a lot. Then he has to become a pocket passer which is something he isn't very good at.

I noticed his rushing yards and rushing TD's last season were half what they were the year before. Either he cut back on his runs due to injury or they wanted him to be more of a pocket passer. Either way that would be a red flag for me.

Only because teams desperate for a QB-upgrade will over-pay, I believe AZ could get at least two #1s.

I am not a fan of Murray, or his long-term viability.

As a NFL-fan, I would be very curious what a team like Carolina would offer.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Murry sees his football career flash before his eyes every time he sees the Rams pass rush. In that flash he sees injuries and has decided he has to get paid before that happens. Problem is, the cardinals saw his last 5 games and know he can't carry a team. They also can see he can't hold up for a full season. His attitude change when things arent great has also been on display. So if I am the cardinals I let him hold out and see what happens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
“We don’t want Kyler as he’s not going to get the job done. Also let’s trade him for 3 1st round picks…” this sentiment hurts my brain
Because you don’t think they can get that for him or because they’d be crazy to trade him?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t think they would get 3 1sts for him. And let’s be honest- if he was worth 3 1sts - you’d lock him up for $40 Million a season
Imagine if he was worth 2 first round picks and wins you a Super Bowl then signs a cap-friendly deal to give the team its best shot to win some more. :trophy::laugh2:

Still amazed at our fortune in getting Stafford. Check out these cap hits...

2022:
1650230308988.png

2023:
1650230388668.png

Stafford doesn't hit the top 3 in pay until 2024 season and by then there will be probably five or more guys above him. He's gonna have a chance to go down as the single greatest trade in Rams history. Right now that would be Faulk, who also won us a Super Bowl and changed offenses around the league. But if 9 wins another ring in horns it's over.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think they would get 3 1sts for him. And let’s be honest- if he was worth 3 1sts - you’d lock him up for $40 Million a season
I could see a coach and GM desperate to save their jobs just seeing the good parts of Murray’s game. Carolina could be in play.

I also think the Seahawks would pull the trigger. Pete thinks he can motivate anyone.

We’ve read the bad. As a fan looking from a distance I wouldn’t want Murray on the Rams. But we’ve seen teams make dumb trades and dumb draft picks every year. Nothing surprises me anymore.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I could see a coach and GM desperate to save their jobs just seeing the good parts of Murray’s game. Carolina could be in play.

I also think the Seahawks would pull the trigger. Pete thinks he can motivate anyone.

We’ve read the bad. As a fan looking from a distance I wouldn’t want Murray on the Rams. But we’ve seen teams make dumb trades and dumb draft picks every year. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Fair point my man - you are right: desperation make people do crazy stuff

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Carolina is desperate enough, probably. But it would be less than 3 firsts.

Can you see him going to another NFC West team? I would be surprised. Seattle is probably not an option.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Carolina is desperate enough, probably. But it would be less than 3 firsts.

Can you see him going to another NFC West team? I would be surprised. Seattle is probably not an option.
Murray played lights out for most of the season, two years in a row. I could see Seattle thinking he’s another young Russ. But would the Cards trade him in the division?

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Now, according to this: “Odds Checker had the Cardinals at -500, or an implied chance of 83.3% to keep Murray, but interestingly placed the Dallas Cowboys as the favorite to land Murray, should he leave Arizona.

Dallas was given +800 odds, or an implied chance of 11.1% to land Murray.”

:laugh1:

This is getting better by the day

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Now, according to this: “Odds Checker had the Cardinals at -500, or an implied chance of 83.3% to keep Murray, but interestingly placed the Dallas Cowboys as the favorite to land Murray, should he leave Arizona.

Dallas was given +800 odds, or an implied chance of 11.1% to land Murray.”

:laugh1:

This is getting better by the day

Skip would ejaculate in joy if this were to happen.

Then come January Shannon would DESTROY him.