CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Have to think they take a shot on one of these QBs. This group has some guys like Corral who are raw in the reading/anticipating defenses part of the job but have some nice upside. Teams need QBs too, so even when it's a group that should be expected to slide a bit it's always dicey finding the QB.

IMO Corral won't get past Seattle so if any team wants him they're gonna have to jump in front of them. Willis probably goes earlier. I figure two QBs in the top ten but maybe I'm out of my mind. We'll see.

dang

Legend
It’s all about the ‘Ws’ in the NFL. Murray is 22-24-1. Is that worth $40m/yr? $30m/yr? $20m/yr?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s all about the ‘Ws’ in the NFL. Murray is 22-24-1. Is that worth $40m/yr? $30m/yr? $20m/yr?

Nick Foles is 29-27-0.

If going by record, there is a good comparison.

Nick Foles is making $8M.

:biggrin:

oldnotdead

Legend
So Kyler is on a 2 year prove=it deal. I think the FO correctly saw that the number of good QBs was limited this year but next year looks good. If Kyler fades again this year then I think the Cards draft a QB next year when the pickings are better. Kyler needs to fucking grow up and lead this team. If he can't take the next step in his development then he's trade bait in 2023.

Personally, I don't see Kyler changing himself in one year. Also, Kyler's contract has a clause that voids all guaranteed money if he leaves to play MLB. So the Cards are going to try to be #2 in the NFCW and make the playoffs as a wildcard. This reminds me of how the Spanos family had the Chargers flopping around like a half-dead fish, always hoping for the next year that never comes.

Building a team starts with ownership and hiring the GM and his staff to make it happen. The Rams have ownership that understands team building because of their involvement with pro soccer in Europe. Stan hired Les and gave him the freedom to build the team his way. They hired McVay a bold move at the time. Once that last piece was in place the team building began.

The Cards and Bidwell are clueless. They simply can't admit that Kliff steered them down a cul de sac and next year they will have to back out and start all over again. So the Cards will be in transition for at least then next 3 years.

All the top winning teams have competent ownership. The Cards are as clueless as Kyler and Kliff.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did the Cards really trade their 1st round pick for Marquise Brown? This is a terrible move. I love it!

Now they have to extend him. Has he even shown enough to get the big money being thrown around?

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Now they have to extend him. Has he even shown enough to get the big money being thrown around?

He’s been somewhat productive - best year was last year with a stat line of 91 rec, 1008 yds and 6 TD’s. Maybe they are banking on him getting free when teams focus on Hopkins

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He’s been somewhat productive - best year was last year with a stat line of 91 rec, 1008 yds and 6 TD’s. Maybe they are banking on him getting free when teams focus on Hopkins
They're banking on him getting Murray hyped. Aaron Rodgers type treatment. A first round pick for Hollywood Brown plus a 3? Wow. KM has them by the balls, no matter what they say!!

jjab360

Legend
Obviously this topic has been done to death but W-L isn't a legit QB stat imo. As Matthew Stafford proved, there's examples of QBs that have been better than their team record.

Not to take anybody's side as all I'm rooting for with the Cardinals is for them to continue to implode. Hollywood was a good grab for them though, and will likely appease Murray for now trading for his friend.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They're banking on him getting Murray hyped. Aaron Rodgers type treatment. A first round pick for Hollywood Brown plus a 3? Wow. KM has them by the balls, no matter what they say!!
Yes Murray does and if it does not work this year, look for Kliff Kingsbury to be fired and Raheem Morris to be on their short list, which indeed describes their field general.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I for one will be happy if the key trifecta of the Cardinals O are Murray, Kingsbury and Hollywood Brown.

To me that is a recipe for mediocrity at best.

Rams may be moving from hands down the hardest division to having an easier path to the playoffs than most.

oldnotdead

Legend
Kyler's tweet shows what an idiot he is. Running what back? If he thinks a one-and-done in the Wildcard round is a good season that shows what his mentality is. The trading for Brown is a laugher. He's a good, not great WR and definitely not worth a first round pick. They act like there are no holes in that team. A good edge is worth more to them than a good, not great WR. Poor Brown going from Jackson to Murray is a downgrade.

They got a WR that really isn't going to threaten anyone....and gave up a first round pick for him. That is a definite head shaker.