CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Kyler and Hollywood Brown both played together in college. Interesting move pairing Kyler with his old top college WR. This move screams that they are trying to keep Kyler happy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is Kyler Murray.... an idiot?

View: https://twitter.com/K1/status/1519856411618037760?s=20&t=liKwMlRiSEXzGcQPEcS_gw

Wtf is he talking about "run it back" ???

The only running it back he'll be doing is "running it backwards, then lobbing it up before Donald makes him piss himself and quit football again...

Yeah he really does seem like a fucking dumbass doesn't he. Glad he's not our QB. That shit would be beyond painful.

I agree the Cards just spent a first round pick to kiss their QB's ass. Seems desperate.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Yeah he really does seem like a fucking dumbass doesn't he. Glad he's not our QB. That shit would be beyond painful.

I agree the Cards just spent a first round pick to kiss their QB's ass. Seems desperate.
Yep. Agree. What a dipshit. Run what back? A hot start just to crumble again??

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
“Run it back” because they played together in college.

Really I seem to be alone thinking this was a good move for the cards. This give them a very good 2nd WR who's a great compliment to Hopkins. I think people forget how much better the Cards were with Hopkins on the field. I see the Cards as our biggest NFC West rival next year.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I see the Cards as our biggest NFC West rival next year.
After the last 20 years in this meat grinder of a division...
To be the current world Champs and returning as an NFC favorite...

...the idea of the 2022 Arizona Kylers being our biggest threat next season is just further evidence of what a great time it is to be a Rams fan...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

Really I seem to be alone thinking this was a good move for the cards. This give them a very good 2nd WR who's a great compliment to Hopkins. I think people forget how much better the Cards were with Hopkins on the field. I see the Cards as our biggest NFC West rival next year.
I think in a vacuum the move was a decent move. But given all the context and what it means to the org is probably bad. For one, it means they are keeping a QB that has been shown to shrink in big games as the season goes on. Two, seems like they are taking input from Kyler on personnel decisions (which is incredibly stupid). Finally, probably means Kyler will be getting that big contract he wants. He's not worth it, I think a big swath of cards fans know that. What a dumb franchise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's possible, especially if Kingsbury has some greatness in him.

But I think that is unlikely for a few reasons. First you have a QB who doesn't seem to realize he has things to improve upon. His arrogance alone may be his undoing. Secondly teams that implode in the playoffs, at least in my memory, don't seem to do too good in their following years. Rams straight dismantled them. Third he might be that type of QB who requires everything to be perfect around him, which in today's league is hard to pull off.

I mean look at Stafford and what he had to finish that Super Bowl with. Murray would never pull that off, sorry to say. At least based on what we've seen so far of him. I've always respected his game, but the guys who struggle when contained in the pocket tend to come up short in those big games. His best bet is that they develop a defense of extreme potency and ride that, but that roster doesn't have that level of talent to where it's reasonable to see them making that jump.

Lastly this season is do or die for him in Arizona I think. And that remains true up until they ink his ass. So when I compare him and that roster to the Rams maybe I'm just an entitled fan now but they don't measure up.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Kyler is now the GM, coach, and quarterback? That franchise is headed right back to futility. I just cannot believe that they let that spoiled, unproven, injury-plagued, not accurate, midget run their show. What a disgrace that organization is.

It took Shawn McVay 1 game to bring out the best in Jared Goff and the Rams. It's been 3 years for Klingsbury and Murray... that team is in trouble.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Did the Cards really trade their 1st round pick for Marquise Brown? This is a terrible move. I love it!
Whack-a-Mole. The difference in what the Rams do with these traded picks is they get bonafide studs.

Brown is good, but mid first rounder good? Nah.

Keim will be plugging WR holes again next year too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal what do your Cards fan "friends" think of this move? :laugh4:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sounds like another attempt to copy the Rams. They will sink or swim with Murray, they won't swim long though.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Even though I think Murry is to small and can't last a whole season, I think the trade makes them better. Hollywood is pretty damn fast and he will give defenses more to think. Kinda like the Watson or Cooks affect for the Rams.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Cards let Christian Kirk go and traded to get Hollywood Brown (moving down 77 spots in the draft to do so).

Does anyone think that made them a better team?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Cards let Christian Kirk go and traded to get Hollywood Brown (moving down 77 spots in the draft to do so).

:laugh4:

Yeah, exactly. Sort of looks on paper like a lost draft pick.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

It just makes the cards the cards.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only way they win out on that pick is if Murray can unlock Brown's production. Which wouldn't reflect well on Baltimore if that happens. Hopefully he just sucks there and they implode early in the season for maximum enjoyment.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I agree but not because they traded for Hollywood Brown.

Seattle is a dumpster fire
Jimmy G fucked the niners because his surgery sabotaged any chance they had to trade him prior to the draft.....AND.....Deebo wants out.....AND......who knows if Trey Lance is going to be any good?
So Arizona is our biggest competition.
But I have to wonder if they're even going to be a threat though. They've lost some on defense (Chandler Jones, Jordan Hicks and Malcolm Butler, among others). And so far, Kyler Murray plays lights out in the first half of the season and then after 8 or 9 games of pounding, isn't so good in November and December.

Hollywood Brown will help them though because they lost Christian Kirk and Chase Edmonds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kyler and Hollywood Brown both played together in college. Interesting move pairing Kyler with his old top college WR. This move screams that they are trying to keep Kyler happy.

Did he really do him a favor? If I was Brown I’d want to be in Baltimore.