2021 Rams “D” Front talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bonify’d we’ll have some fun with this player. I’ll add Noteboom on all my list w/ you . Lol

Terrill Lewis is So Underrated by you imo.. just a sampler

View: https://youtu.be/WCn20thOAc0

My position is not questioning his skills & ability backpack but his very BIG medical ongoing unresolved circumstances.

If I were the Rams I would have Lewis deleted from my mind & go into the draft as if he was not a Ram end of the story. TL was most certainly not a healthy Ram all last season. I consider it very foolish to think otherwise.

That's why I am hoping the Rams select an ER/OLB & an outside CB with their first two selections. Both could contribute almost instantly on special defensive packages. Whereas a WR/ OC/ LT/ TE/ QB/ RB/ 5 tech DL/ ILB & safety would just ride the bench all season.

When (let's hope very soon) the Rams know where TL stands during TC he might end up being utilized more often playing the Morgan Fox role @ the DL 5tech post with his hand in the turf in those 2nd down & 3rd down & long snaps.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My position is not questioning his skills & ability backpack but his very BIG medical ongoing unresolved circumstances.

If I were the Rams I would have Lewis deleted from my mind & go into the draft as if he was not a Ram end of the story. TL was most certainly not a healthy Ram all last season. I consider it very foolish to think otherwise.

That's why I am hoping the Rams select an ER/OLB & an outside CB with their first two selections. Both could contribute almost instantly on special defensive packages. Whereas a WR/ OC/ LT/ TE/ QB/ RB/ 5 tech DL/ ILB & safety would just ride the bench all season.

When (let's hope very soon) the Rams know where TL stands during TC he might end up being utilized more often playing the Morgan Fox role @ the DL 5tech post with his hand in the turf in those 2nd down & 3rd down & long snaps.

—Personally I think you have it all wrong. Well in the sense of his play.

First I’ll agree he has had injury problems & his knee worries me a
little.

I also think an Edge Rusher would be nice.I go all the way back & think Les Snead has never drafted an Edge Rusher early.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
—Personally I think you have it all wrong. Well in the sense of his play.

First I’ll agree he has had injury problems & his knee worries me a
little.

I also think an Edge Rusher would be nice.I go all the way back & think Les Snead has never drafted an Edge Rusher early.
"Yur waay too Southern Californian in AT for my liken on this matter".:giggle:

This defense must replace a starting OLB'er who had outstanding speed in Samson Ebukam plus a very solid pass-rushing DE reliever in Morgan Fox. Question #1 ...... how do you expect to do that with a one-legged Terrell Lewis?

It's about past time that Snead brings in & provides the 30 yr old (in May) Aaron Donald some aid in producing a pass rush from the draft. I don't really care if the pass rusher comes in the way of drafting an OLB'er..... or a DE! but a legit pass rusher is my top need in 16 days!

It's about time Snead figures how to draft pass-rushing ER's..... would you please review the below list of Snead's drafted ER's since 2012. Question #2 You tell me if any of his selections have consistently contributed during a season in providing a pass rush?

Terrell Lewis
John Franklin-Meyers
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Trevon Young
Justin Lawler
Samson Ebukam
Ejuan Price
Martin Ifedi
Michael Sam

That's a nasty list to have on his resume.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I am just glad we have a preseason this year to get some of these young players some much needed playing time.

Tano

Legend

This defense must replace a starting OLB'er who had outstanding speed in Samson Ebukam plus a very solid pass-rushing DE reliever in Morgan Fox. Question...... how do you expect to do that with a one-legged Terrell Lewis?

It's about past time that Snead brings in & provides the 30 yr old (in May) Aaron Donald some aid in producing a pass rush from the draft. I don't really care if the pass rusher comes in the way of drafting an OLB'er..... or a DE! but a legit pass rusher is my top need in 16 days!

It's about time Snead figures how to draft pass-rushing ER's..... would you please review the below list of Snead's drafted ER's since 2012. You tell me if any of his selections have consistently contributed during a season in providing a pass rush?

Terrell Lewis
John Franklin-Meyers
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Trevon Young
Justin Lawler
Samson Ebukam
Ejuan Price
Martin Ifedi
Michael Sam

He definitely hasn't had any success when it comes to edge players.

Maybe the new DC has better luck with that.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think OBO is the man if Lewis is not able to go. If Lewis is, in fact, healthy he is definitely the Man.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think OBO is the man if Lewis is not able to go. If Lewis is, in fact, healthy he is definitely the Man.
Og Okoronkwo is far more DL'er than OLB'er from what I have seen of him in College & his first 3 yrs in the NFL. Og's reverse appears to be seldom used & when needed it gets stuck. Og does not have the lateral quickness or speed of a Samson Ebukam.

Og is fearless in inline play. It's going to be interesting to see if Og can meet the full demands that are required to play OLB'er as a starter. IMO he will be beaten out by Justin Hollins for that Samson Ebukam post. I sure hope I am completely wrong.

Our new DC might end up utilizing Og more often when he goes to a 4 man DL. Og would make a dandy DE in passing situations. Og will be a better DE in the NFL in a 43 defense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

This defense must replace a starting OLB'er who had outstanding speed in Samson Ebukam plus a very solid pass-rushing DE reliever in Morgan Fox. Question #1 ...... how do you expect to do that with a one-legged Terrell Lewis?

It's about time Snead figures how to draft pass-rushing ER's..... would you please review the below list of Snead's drafted ER's since 2012. Question #2 You tell me if any of his selections have consistently contributed during a season in providing a pass rush?

Terrell Lewis
John Franklin-Meyers
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Trevon Young
Justin Lawler
Samson Ebukam
Ejuan Price
Martin Ifedi
Michael Sam

LMAO - Bonifay- God Bless you man!!
In Bonifay’d we Trust - lol

Dude, I love it. If it’s So Cali it’s fitting. Better yet man if it’s SOFI let’s get there.Talk about the Ultimate Field of Dreams man. It’s Hollywood at its Freaking Finest.... we don’t need to go to Iowa or go to KC to be shown how it’s done.Austin Blythe held down the forte for 4 seasons ? Counting him being the only backup,so how ever you eat your Grits.Hand microwaved Grits & each added a little red beans & rice.Added soy sauce & chalula.

1.Easy answer- T. Lewis is a SEC-BAMA Freak.Reggie Scott is one of the best trainers in NFL.
A.Reggie Scott man has been unbelievable.Your not a Covid beliefs from say the Panhandle.I had a buddy that told me about not getting Hurricanes there back in the 90’s.
The move to LA & everything up until this Past season has all been on his plate.Just think when things start to settle down & The Lights go ON in SOFI.-you have to know where you began to help find your destination.
B. I doubted Noteboom & you know where he was after his knee surgery come the start of 2020.
C. We can go down this road again.Talk Saffold,Whitworth,Noteboom & now Brian Allen.This is just away of drafting with Trusting in McSnead & Ram players.
I.Notebooms is my favorite Ram
II.T. Lewis is my favorite on Defense
—all subject to change.Ram Fan 1st.
III.Saffold-no need to look up 7-8 years ago post.He has injury issues.There was always doubts.In fact like Noteboom there were always doubts.We can Discuss him later.
IIII. Whitworth- he is playing another season LMAO.Come clean man!! It’s alright,I know your doubts.Nick Bosa & Zona’s 2 DE’s twice in 2021.I think he got a break,but 2019 playing hurt was more impressive to me.Especially with 2 22 late rd. draft picks & a mid season trade for a busted 2nd rd draft pick for a 5th 2020.Thanks Les Snead for Greg Robinson.
IV.?? Brian Allen- entering his 4th season as a Ram.Thanks Reggie Scott for not having him ready?
VI.??? Talk BAMA Player & Injuries
T. Lewis
A”Robinson
Now just in a draft pick#57 The Rams select
- https://ramblinfan.com/2021/04/12/medical-flags-plop-top-center-dickerson-rams-lap-draft/amp/

The Rams have young depth all over the Grass.Mcvay love’s ascending players & building up players.

Let’s just call it a redshirt season & learn the offense.Get healthy & build up strength.Learn The NFL way in a Top NFL stadium & lockerroom under a new young offensive line coaching staff.Keep bringing that winning tradition into the Lockeroom & compete for your spot. Get some preseason games in to get those 3 games if NFL experience.Then rehab your injury more for 2021 season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Terrell Lewis
John Franklin-Meyers
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Trevon Young
Justin Lawler
Samson Ebukam
Ejuan Price
Martin Ifedi
Michael Sam

T.Lewis
Dude - 1st & formost I 1,000% agree with the need for a defensive lineman. It has to be addressed with 1 of the 3 first rd picks.

I’ll continue to say YOUR WRONG about T. Lewis & his injury.This dud was raw & fought through injuries.It was not just his knee.Even if it was he played through it.

The Rams shut him down for a reason.
1. Injury concerns & time to get healthy for 2021.
2.The Rams needed veterans to step up for a playoff run.

If you can’t see that,then you might want to look back at the progress T.Lewis made.

I’m going to add how he fits in with The Rams. I’ll do that on a separate posting.Same with Brian Allen.

We can talk Rams Football all day long Bro- u - can look at my track record.I’m sure Mcvay will blow both our minds on some of his decisions though.

After the draft you should be getting into Full Bonifay’d mode.Stay positive man.

Morgan Fox ,Sam Ebukham and Brockers where all good Rams that came within McSnead’s system.I’d say more Les Snead & his scouting that found those 3 players.

Do you remember Wade moving M.Fox as a OLBer & him having his knee injury because of it ? Morgan Fox is an DT at heart.
My point is T.Lewis has mad skills.He is like mix of Floyd & Fowler.
He is not a 7,but more of a 3/4 guy.Can play 5 when need to change the pass rushing look.
- T. Lewis is very raw.Shula has BAMA & OKOAY roots. I can see The Rams draft Humpreys or that M-Smith guy (Form?).
A. Robinson & OO will both have Big Years. Add Micah Kiser as well.

The Rams have depth.Just go back & watch hardknocks & see who the veterans were.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yes the Rams have to know that they cannot rely on Lewis. And their rotational weakness insinuates that a pick is coming who can at least sub at 5T.

Still think Rashad Weaver round 3 is a really nice fit. He's my guy at OLB. Snead has said they focus on the film over all and if that's true then they're going to really like Weaver. He's a power rusher who might be able to slide inside to 5T (IMO) and we could use that flexibility. Guy isn't fast but I think he had a great 3 cone if memory serves and his physicality would be welcome.

And there's some other guys too who bring physicality I just really like Weaver's film. Not sure where he's going to play but wherever he lands he will produce. Just a super high end motor dude with a lot of power.

Main thing of course is get an impact guy round 2. But if they focus on guys who have great production and work ethics I think everything will fall into place. As to the injured types who fall I do admit we probably need to steer clear. I hate it because one of them is a guy who would help us (Dickerson whose film I love). But as some have pointed out in other threads that risk is real with him, he's missed a lot of games can't argue that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Donald, Robinson, Joseph-Day, Gaines make for a solid rotation with Gaines making year two improvements as Joseph-Day did before him.
The shelf his hardly bare after Brockers and Fox have left.
That said would love to see the Rams add a rookie DL pretty early in their draft along with elevating a PS squad guy.
With Robinson, Joseph-Day and Gaines the Rams have three solid vs the run DL.
I feel they need another player that can offer some explosion.
Is there a “play making” DL that will be available where the Rams are drafting in the 2nd and 3rd round?

The Rams draft Bobby Brown who is a big body DT. Can he play the NT? A 3rd Rd grade. I like the pick.He is more of what The Dr. ordered.I here about M.Brockers comparisons,but don’t see it.I think Bobby Brown will be an upgrade from Greg Gaines.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am excited to see more from A’Shawn Robinson. A full season of him could be a nice addition.

Marquise Copeland is an interesting guy who has hung around. 3rd off-season we’ve signed him.

View attachment 44754

Coach Den thinks Copeland will make The Rams 53.I’ll say he doesn’t,by just how long he has been a Ram and has basically shown very little.Never noticed him in training camp.The Rams brought the other 2 or 3 DT/DE’s last season.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Wondering your feelings after the draft. I don’t think the DE E. Brown from Northwestern will not make The Rams squad ? Then again he will be no worse than Rivers last season.

I like T. Lewis & will keep saying his injury is better than Notebooms.I agree of Lewis playing more of a DE role.I think especially with speed QB’s if they go to scramble, he excels at cleaning up left overs once the pocket breaks. I don’t think he is a True Edge rusher.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would be stunned if DL was our pick at 57.

I’m expecting/hoping for one of the following:

LOT
CB
C
Edge

In no particular order. Let BPA at one of those positions be the decider.

Then a WR,LB & DT must have surprised the CRAP out of YOU.

I like CB R.Rochelle as a value pick of need.

Bobby Brown will anchor the DLINE.If nothing else on 3rd & short & Goal Line he will add that big Body.He was The SEC defensive player of the year at 18 years Old ? That’s a Man’s league.He is only 20 years old.I’d say he is a ascending player.

View: https://youtu.be/ZuTykf9Vo9A

—Wow- this guy is so mature it blows my mind how young man has his Head on Straight. DL Humphries is his older cousin.When BB was asked about The Rams(chargers) he lite up & got all Pumped Up.His mom’s was a Ravens Fan. She is going to love The Rams.(Demoff is a good man)

View: https://youtu.be/ZuTykf9Vo9A

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Losing Brockers and Fox is going to sting us a little more than we want it to this year. I hope Robinson is healthy and can be a force against the run like Brockers is up front.

Bobby Brown 4.90 40 at 320lbs is a nice start.Still only 20 years. He has that it factor. More of a true DT/NT than Fox or Brockers. Greg Gaines has earned more playing time.

Yes A”Robinson missed half of 2020 though. Brockers sort of wore out towards the end of the season as well. The 17 games gives Bobby Brown more of a chance to get more experience during the season.
-No disrespect to Brockers & Fox.Both are getting paid.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It will be interesting to see if these 3 practice squad members can breakthrough the Defensive front seven
Marquise Copeland
DT
6-2

Michael Hoecht
DT
6-4

Jonah Williams
DE
6-5

The preseason will weed these players out. Add the 2021 draft picks & The Rams should be in good shape.
SJD69 & AD99 are the New DLine leaders.
Thomas is such a good DLINE-coach. He loves his players.The Brotherhood.
He also is good with those OLB’s/DE.
Example having Matthews working sleds/machines.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Curious about the four DL that were kept around last year, mostly on the PS.

Copeland, Banks, Hoecht and Jonah Williams. If just one can be a solid reserve for the rotation, that would be a win.

Brockers and Fox were two of the top-4 DL last year with Joseph-Day and and that little guy ... Donnie something.

Even if Robinson and Gaines (I thought both flashed last year in minimal roles) can step up and play well in greater roles, the DL seems thin.

Natraz Patrick .
Rivers
—we can talk about depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Patrick is good as gone IMO. He was a shitter on teams. Doubtful he makes this roster again, the Rams seem determined to improve the core teams guys and they'll come from those bottom roster spots.

Totally agree !!

Point being these guys did Jack Crap & got cut.The practice squad DLineman are interesting options along with rookies.
are interesting.