2021 Rams “D” Front talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1624921731601.png

https://www.therams.com/news/pff-rams-have-no-4-defensive-line-unit-in-nfl-entering-2021-season

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like the way The Brown Brothers look,just doing drills with Henderson.
I believe they will get at least 7 sacks together.Hard to say right now though.

Bobby Brown is quick off the line & has better closing speed than Brockers.I think he could be one of the steals of 2021 draft.Big,quick,mature & extremely young(20). Blows my mind.

E. Brown is a guy I didn’t like really from his draft clips.Watching him doing drills kept looking to see what number & player he was.The Big guys weren’t doing drills,but from a RDE spot he showed how strong his hands are & tough to move from a spot.IMO that is an Old type of Edge rusher.Secure & go.Read & react.We’ll see,but from right now I like what I saw.He might not be good off the line,but for a Run stopper he might be excellent?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I like the way The Brown Brothers look,just doing drills with Henderson.
I believe they will get at least 7 sacks together.Hard to say right now though.

Bobby Brown is quick off the line & has better closing speed than Brockers.I think he could be one of the steals of 2021 draft.Big,quick,mature & extremely young(20). Blows my mind.

E. Brown is a guy I didn’t like really from his draft clips.Watching him doing drills kept looking to see what number & player he was.The Big guys weren’t doing drills,but from a RDE spot he showed how strong his hands are & tough to move from a spot.IMO that is an Old type of Edge rusher.Secure & go.Read & react.We’ll see,but from right now I like what I saw.He might not be good off the line,but for a Run stopper he might be excellent?

Agree @So Ram

This front seven will be predicated by how well the Brown brothers look and imo how well Greg Gaines & A'Shawn Robinson play. The ROLB rush production opposite of Floyd is going to be crucial as well.

The projected starting inside LB's of Kiser, Young, Reeder, Howard, Rozeboom and rookie Ernest Jones is not easy to guarantee. Some of these guys are not even going to make the final 53 man roster.

unsure-clipart-7.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree @So Ram

This front seven will be predicated by how well the Brown brothers look and imo how well Greg Gaines & A'Shawn Robinson play. The ROLB rush production opposite of Floyd is going to be crucial as well.

The projected starting inside LB's of Kiser, Young, Reeder, Howard, Rozeboom and rookie Ernest Jones is not easy to guarantee. Some of these guys are not even going to make the final 53 man roster.

unsure-clipart-7.jpg

I’m not a big Fan of K. Young or Hollins.Rozeboom is a Big if ??

Greg Gaines has stepped up & Robinson needs to take on a Bigger role.He learned from Brockers.

I lost track of the 3 Udrfa’s from last season. There was a Standout though.
So The Rams D- Front should more Stout.
T. Lewis was sidelined through OTA’s so once training camp starts up he should be able to get up to speed.It’s better to have him later than earlier though. OBO has been MIA for 3 years basically.Lawler looks like he will get cut,but will eat up some minutes in the preseason.

Funny SJD69 got a veterans type day off. Floyd is a guy that just seems to have a passion for The Rams(football).It shows & he has a cool natural leadership about him.I like how Mcvay gives The Veterans there own Platform. Robert Woods had the Day off & Copper Kupp was not having any part of it. His #10 Jersey is going to Sell.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I’m not a big Fan of K. Young or Hollins. Rozeboom is a Big if ??

Greg Gaines has stepped up & Robinson needs to take on a Bigger role.He learned from Brockers.

I lost track of the 3 Udrfa’s from last season. There was a Standout though.
So The Rams D- Front should more Stout.
T. Lewis was sidelined through OTA’s so once training camp starts up he should be able to get up to speed.It’s better to have him later than earlier though. OBO has been MIA for 3 years basically.Lawler looks like he will get cut,but will eat up some minutes in the preseason.

Funny SJD69 got a veterans type day off. Floyd is a guy that just seems to have a passion for The Rams(football).It shows & he has a cool natural leadership about him.I like how Mcvay gives The Veterans there own Platform. Robert Woods had the Day off & Copper Kupp was not having any part of it. His #10 Jersey is going to Sell.
I'm not sure why you don't appreciate Hollins. He was a pleasant surprise from the games I watched.

I realize he had more splashed than consistency but he seemed like he did enough to gain momentum heading into the 2021 season.

I would be a little bit shocked if he doesn't make the final roster. I see him part of of the plan in 2021 but I've been wrong before.

Oh well everyone sees things different.

I can't guarantee who the final cuts will be regarding the OLB's & ILB's.

I do expect some hard core competition with these position groups. I have a gut feeling Hollins makes the team and gets some snaps in week 1 vs the Bears.

LB Justin Hollins #58​

6' 05" | Wt: 248 lbs
Age 25

2020 Stats

16 games
28 tackles
18 solo
3 sacks
1 FF

February 11, 2021 06:40 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Takes step forward in Year 2

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Hollins recorded 28 tackles (18 solo), three sacks, one pass breakup and one forced fumble across 16 games in 2020.
Hollins logged modest improvements across the board compared to his rookie year, though his rotational role still wasn't enough to carve out more than marginal IDP utility. The 25-year-old only logged two games with at least five tackles.

December 20, 2020 03:00 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Cleared to face Jets

Hollins (undisclosed) is active for Sunday's matchup against the Jets.
Hollins was instructed to stay away from the team this week out of an abundance of concern over COVID-19 spread, but he ultimately cleared league protocols for Week 15. The 24-year-old himself was not reported as having tested positive, and now he'll make his 14th appearance of the season against the winless Jets. Hollins has already established a career-best three sacks in his debut campaign with the Rams.

December 18, 2020 11:16 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Questionable to face Jets

Hollins (undisclosed) is questionable for Sunday's game versus the Jets, Kevin Modesti of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
Both Hollins and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo are staying away from team facilities as a COVID-19 precaution, and their respective statuses are up in the air this week, according to Modesti. If neither linebacker is active this week, rookie Terrell Lewis could see more playing time behind starters Samson Ebukam and Leonard Floyd.

September 6, 2020 12:48 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Finds new home

Hollins was claimed off waivers by the Rams on Sunday, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
Hollins failed to make the Broncos' roster after racking up 21 tackles (12 solo) and a sack across 15 games last season. He will reunite with coordinator Brandon Staley in Los Angeles, as he'll likely assume a depth role in the linebacking corps to start the 2020 campaign.

September 7, 2020 02:24 AM
Justin Hollins: Cut by Broncos

Hollins was waived by Denver on Saturday, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
The 2019 fifth-round pick logged 21 tackles (12 solo) and a sack across 15 games for the Broncos last season, but the team elected to pull the plug. Hollins could earn a roster spot elsewhere or end up back in Denver on the team's practice squad for 2020.

November 22, 2019 04:00 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Won't face Buffalo

Hollins (hamstring) is ruled out for Sunday's contest against the Bills, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins didn't practice in any capacity this week, so his absence doesn't come as much of a surprise. As long as the rookie fifth-round pick is unable to play, Jeremiah Attaochu could see an increased rotational workload.

October 27, 2019 04:04 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Will play Week 8

Hollins (knee) is active Week 8 against Indianapolis.
Hollins saw more work on special teams than defense in Week 7, so expect to see more of the same with the linebacking corps mostly intact.

October 26, 2019 12:16 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Listed as questionable

Hollins (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's contest against the Colts, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Hollins injured his knee last Thursday in the Broncos' 30-6 loss to the Chiefs.

However, he was able to return after a brief exit. He ended up logging limited practices all week and is looking like a game-time decision. Jeremiah Attaochu could see some more work providing depth at outside linebacker should Hollins ultimately be unable to go.

October 18, 2019 08:36 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Able to return Thursday

Hollins returned to action in Thursday's 30-6 loss to the Chiefs.
Hollins briefly left the contest after injuring his knee. The rookie has notched nine tackles (six solo) on the year and will continue to provide the Broncos depth at linebacker.

October 17, 2019 10:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Battling knee issue

Hollins is questionable to return after suffering a knee injury in the team's Week 7 contest against the Chiefs, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins was hurt covering a punt late in the third quarter in Thursday's action. He had battled a knee sprain earlier in the season, though it's unclear if this is an aggravation of the same injury.

October 10, 2019 06:52 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Upgrades to full practice

Hollins (knee) was a full participant in Thursday's practice, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins was initially reported to have suffered a sprained knee and bone bruise Week 5 against the Chargers, according to Mike Klis of 9News Denver, the severity of which was expected to sideline him for at least one game.

The rookie's full participation Thursday seems to indicate that he's progressing ahead of that schedule. If Hollins is similarly unimpeded during Friday's practice, all signs point to him having a shot to suit up Sunday versus the Titans.

October 7, 2019 01:56 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Could miss multiple games

Hollins has a sprained knee along with a bone bruise and is expected to miss one or two games, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
Hollins is unlikely to play in Week 6's game versus the Titans, and he'll likely be monitored closely once he returns to the practice field. His absence will leave a rotation of just Malik Reed and Jeremiah Attaochu to start opposite Von Miller.

October 6, 2019 07:36 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Dealing with sprained knee

Coach Vic Fangio clarified Hollins' injury after the game as a sprained knee, Zac Stevens of DNVR reports.
Hollins left the game with the injury and should be considered questionable for Denver's Week 6 matchup with the Titans.

October 6, 2019 05:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Dealing with knee injury

Hollins suffered a knee injury during Sunday's game against the Chargers.
Hollins left the field during the first half and was eventually carted to the locker room from the sideline. The 23-year-old was initially labeled questionable to return but was ruled out coming out of halftime, per Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic.

October 1, 2019 06:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: May help fill in for Chubb

Head coach Vic Fangio said that Hollins may be part of a committee that will replace Bradley Chubb (knee), who is out for the season, Andrew Mason of DNVR Sports reports.

Hollins has rotated between outside and inside linebacker as a rookie after playing mostly on the edge at Oregon.

Helping out in relief of Josey Jewell (hamstring), Hollins recorded a season-high six tackles in Week 4, but should play more outside now. Fangio has said that he will likely take a committee approach opposite Von Miller, but fellow rookie Malik Reed seems to be the more likely choice, at least on passing downs, as he recorded 10 tackles and four sacks in the preseason as compared to Hollins' 16 tackles and no sacks, though both primarily played against backups.

https:%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15204216.jpeg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not sure why you don't appreciate Hollins. He was a pleasant surprise from the games I watched.

I realize he had more splashed than consistency but he seemed like he did enough to gain momentum heading into the 2021 season.

I would be a little bit shocked if he doesn't make the final roster. I see him part of of the plan in 2021 but I've been wrong before.

Oh well everyone sees things different.

I can't guarantee who the final cuts will be regarding the OLB's & ILB's.

I do expect some hard core competition with these position groups. I have a gut feeling Hollins makes the team and gets some snaps in week 1 vs the Bears.

LB Justin Hollins #58​

6' 05" | Wt: 248 lbs
Age 25

2020 Stats

16 games
28 tackles
18 solo
3 sacks
1 FF

February 11, 2021 06:40 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Takes step forward in Year 2

Hollins recorded 28 tackles (18 solo), three sacks, one pass breakup and one forced fumble across 16 games in 2020.
Hollins logged modest improvements across the board compared to his rookie year, though his rotational role still wasn't enough to carve out more than marginal IDP utility. The 25-year-old only logged two games with at least five tackles.

December 20, 2020 03:00 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Cleared to face Jets

Hollins (undisclosed) is active for Sunday's matchup against the Jets.
Hollins was instructed to stay away from the team this week out of an abundance of concern over COVID-19 spread, but he ultimately cleared league protocols for Week 15. The 24-year-old himself was not reported as having tested positive, and now he'll make his 14th appearance of the season against the winless Jets. Hollins has already established a career-best three sacks in his debut campaign with the Rams.

December 18, 2020 11:16 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Questionable to face Jets

Hollins (undisclosed) is questionable for Sunday's game versus the Jets, Kevin Modesti of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
Both Hollins and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo are staying away from team facilities as a COVID-19 precaution, and their respective statuses are up in the air this week, according to Modesti. If neither linebacker is active this week, rookie Terrell Lewis could see more playing time behind starters Samson Ebukam and Leonard Floyd.

September 6, 2020 12:48 PM
Rams' Justin Hollins: Finds new home

Hollins was claimed off waivers by the Rams on Sunday, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
Hollins failed to make the Broncos' roster after racking up 21 tackles (12 solo) and a sack across 15 games last season. He will reunite with coordinator Brandon Staley in Los Angeles, as he'll likely assume a depth role in the linebacking corps to start the 2020 campaign.

September 7, 2020 02:24 AM
Justin Hollins: Cut by Broncos

Hollins was waived by Denver on Saturday, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
The 2019 fifth-round pick logged 21 tackles (12 solo) and a sack across 15 games for the Broncos last season, but the team elected to pull the plug. Hollins could earn a roster spot elsewhere or end up back in Denver on the team's practice squad for 2020.

November 22, 2019 04:00 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Won't face Buffalo

Hollins (hamstring) is ruled out for Sunday's contest against the Bills, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins didn't practice in any capacity this week, so his absence doesn't come as much of a surprise. As long as the rookie fifth-round pick is unable to play, Jeremiah Attaochu could see an increased rotational workload.

October 27, 2019 04:04 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Will play Week 8

Hollins (knee) is active Week 8 against Indianapolis.
Hollins saw more work on special teams than defense in Week 7, so expect to see more of the same with the linebacking corps mostly intact.

October 26, 2019 12:16 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Listed as questionable

Hollins (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's contest against the Colts, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Hollins injured his knee last Thursday in the Broncos' 30-6 loss to the Chiefs.

However, he was able to return after a brief exit. He ended up logging limited practices all week and is looking like a game-time decision. Jeremiah Attaochu could see some more work providing depth at outside linebacker should Hollins ultimately be unable to go.

October 18, 2019 08:36 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Able to return Thursday

Hollins returned to action in Thursday's 30-6 loss to the Chiefs.
Hollins briefly left the contest after injuring his knee. The rookie has notched nine tackles (six solo) on the year and will continue to provide the Broncos depth at linebacker.

October 17, 2019 10:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Battling knee issue

Hollins is questionable to return after suffering a knee injury in the team's Week 7 contest against the Chiefs, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins was hurt covering a punt late in the third quarter in Thursday's action. He had battled a knee sprain earlier in the season, though it's unclear if this is an aggravation of the same injury.

October 10, 2019 06:52 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Upgrades to full practice

Hollins (knee) was a full participant in Thursday's practice, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Hollins was initially reported to have suffered a sprained knee and bone bruise Week 5 against the Chargers, according to Mike Klis of 9News Denver, the severity of which was expected to sideline him for at least one game.

The rookie's full participation Thursday seems to indicate that he's progressing ahead of that schedule. If Hollins is similarly unimpeded during Friday's practice, all signs point to him having a shot to suit up Sunday versus the Titans.

October 7, 2019 01:56 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Could miss multiple games

Hollins has a sprained knee along with a bone bruise and is expected to miss one or two games, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.
Hollins is unlikely to play in Week 6's game versus the Titans, and he'll likely be monitored closely once he returns to the practice field. His absence will leave a rotation of just Malik Reed and Jeremiah Attaochu to start opposite Von Miller.

October 6, 2019 07:36 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Dealing with sprained knee

Coach Vic Fangio clarified Hollins' injury after the game as a sprained knee, Zac Stevens of DNVR reports.
Hollins left the game with the injury and should be considered questionable for Denver's Week 6 matchup with the Titans.

October 6, 2019 05:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: Dealing with knee injury

Hollins suffered a knee injury during Sunday's game against the Chargers.
Hollins left the field during the first half and was eventually carted to the locker room from the sideline. The 23-year-old was initially labeled questionable to return but was ruled out coming out of halftime, per Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic.

October 1, 2019 06:44 PM
Broncos' Justin Hollins: May help fill in for Chubb

Head coach Vic Fangio said that Hollins may be part of a committee that will replace Bradley Chubb (knee), who is out for the season, Andrew Mason of DNVR Sports reports.

Hollins has rotated between outside and inside linebacker as a rookie after playing mostly on the edge at Oregon.

Helping out in relief of Josey Jewell (hamstring), Hollins recorded a season-high six tackles in Week 4, but should play more outside now. Fangio has said that he will likely take a committee approach opposite Von Miller, but fellow rookie Malik Reed seems to be the more likely choice, at least on passing downs, as he recorded 10 tackles and four sacks in the preseason as compared to Hollins' 16 tackles and no sacks, though both primarily played against backups.

https:%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15204216.jpeg

Yeah- I agree he makes the squad.Hollins was a lot better than Rivers was last season. OBO has never stepped up. Ebukham is gone as well as Fox. Young is another guy I’m not a Big Fan of,but they both have upside if they work hard.
It’s all up in the air to a the truth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just have to say my rookie guys came through yesterday against the Raiders. Rams needed a big 3rd down stop & Big Bobby Brown came in & moved the D’Line 3 to 5 yards back on a run play for a loss.
To me that some times is better than a sack.He did not show up much in training camp.Saw him a SOFI at the OTA. He has mad skills.
Coach Henderson is always going to get credit for being amazing.
I’m a Jonah Williams Fan as well. A sack a game. He was also right there on that play.

Garrett - enough said. Say more on a different post I’ll create.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This Rams defensive front has started to shape up.I know there is a lot of Negative reports from some Fans.
I looked at the TD & blame it on AD99.He missed on 2 big plays that cost The defense giving up that TD before half.Just being objective & know he is one of the Best DLineman in the game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watching the Bears game I do have some concerns mainly against the 9ers offense.That is just a thought,but I really liked the way The defense mixed & matched players.

A”Robinson is just going to get better.He is moving around on the DLine.I’m looking for more depth up front against the run.

I saw T.Lewis getting after & moved in a bunch of different rotations.

I like Troy Reeder,but he needs to find better angles.He missed in 4 plays.

Kenny Young makes plays,but also misses to many.

I was wrong about Hollins & said so during training camp & he is every good as Daunte Folwer was already.
He has improved & getting after the QB more than in 2020.

That’s just the basic’s Gaines continues to get pressure upfront
on power downs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This Rams defensive front has started to shape up.I know there is a lot of Negative reports from some Fans.
I looked at the TD & blame it on AD99.He missed on 2 big plays that cost The defense giving up that TD before half.Just being objective & know he is one of the Best DLineman in the game.
The big run they gave up AD didn't see the cutback. But he wasn't the primary issue on that run, it was SJD jumping his gap right away on a zone run and allowing a cutback hole to open up.

When offenses run zone blocking they string DL along in the hopes a hole opens up. It's designed chaos. What SJD should have done is flow with his blocker near Donald like a picket fence. That spacing is important. They're allowed to shoot the gap if they can make a play but shooting your gap early and without opportunity to make a play just creates a hole. So that big run was mostly about SJD and he was playing DE which is new to him so I understand why McVay says there are things they can tighten up.

That was probably one of AD's worst games tbh. He still played well, he's AD. But for his standard that he has set it was a down game. And you're right that he created some holes himself but he also made plays and we know he'll probably go apeshit vs the Colts now.

A”Robinson is just going to get better.He is moving around on the DLine.I’m looking for more depth up front against the run.
I wish I could agree with this. Right now he's just a guy out there wrestling with OL. To his credit he's not getting washed out as much as he did at times last season when he came back. So I am hopeful but I don't see any particular reason to think he's going to get better and better. The last time he played well was quite a ways back in the rearview. I mean we already have a cheap option who is hard to move/plugs things up but doesn't get a lot of penetration in Gaines. And it could be argued that Brown can do that too. So where Robinson is supposed to earn his money is by penetrating and making plays and he's not doing that and honestly he doesn't look like he has it in him to do that.

The nice thing with our DL group is that there are options they can move around and find the right combo they want. Call me crazy but I'll take young guys who can 100% snap to snap over a paid vet who wrestles his way through a snap.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

Not sure if AD99 was actually at fault, but more generally, I will say that Donald was hardly poor on Sunday night, but he had his worst game in a while. He did not jump off the screen. For Aaron Donald, that is almost unheard of.

I have no doubt that Donald is still the best defensive player in the NFL. Bar none. And it's just 1 week. But he is also 30 years old now. And won Defensive Player of the Year in 2017, 2018, and 2020 (and realistically should have won in 2019, as well). Football is a physical sport. It really takes a toll and, consequentially, is a young man's game. And AD99 was injured to end the 2020-21 campaign. So I do wonder if one day Rams fans will ultimately look back on Aaron Donald's Hall of Fame career and identify 2017-2020 as his absolute peak? :( Even if he surely has several great years left.

I think the Rams are acutely aware of this, and it contributes in no small part to their aggressive moves recently. Donald won't be super human forever. A decline has to start at some point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The big run they gave up AD didn't see the cutback. But he wasn't the primary issue on that run, it was SJD jumping his gap right away on a zone run and allowing a cutback hole to open up.

When offenses run zone blocking they string DL along in the hopes a hole opens up. It's designed chaos. What SJD should have done is flow with his blocker near Donald like a picket fence. That spacing is important. They're allowed to shoot the gap if they can make a play but shooting your gap early and without opportunity to make a play just creates a hole. So that big run was mostly about SJD and he was playing DE which is new to him so I understand why McVay says there are things they can tighten up.

That was probably one of AD's worst games tbh. He still played well, he's AD. But for his standard that he has set it was a down game. And you're right that he created some holes himself but he also made plays and we know he'll probably go apeshit vs the Colts now.

I wish I could agree with this. Right now he's just a guy out there wrestling with OL. To his credit he's not getting washed out as much as he did at times last season when he came back. So I am hopeful but I don't see any particular reason to think he's going to get better and better. The last time he played well was quite a ways back in the rearview. I mean we already have a cheap option who is hard to move/plugs things up but doesn't get a lot of penetration in Gaines. And it could be argued that Brown can do that too. So where Robinson is supposed to earn his money is by penetrating and making plays and he's not doing that and honestly he doesn't look like he has it in him to do that.

The nice thing with our DL group is that there are options they can move around and find the right combo they want. Call me crazy but I'll take young guys who can 100% snap to snap over a paid vet who wrestles his way through a snap.
I like Jonah Williams & think Bobby Brown is going to be a pure Stud.Will see how the season goes.SJD69 is banged up,so I actually hope The Rams use the 2 young players in his place.Experience is what I enjoy seeing in terms of player development. So I’ll leave it at that for know. — nice post

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure if AD99 was actually at fault, but more generally, I will say that Donald was hardly poor on Sunday night, but he had his worst game in a while. He did not jump off the screen. For Aaron Donald, that is almost unheard of.

I have no doubt that Donald is still the best defensive player in the NFL. Bar none. And it's just 1 week. But he is also 30 years old now. And won Defensive Player of the Year in 2017, 2018, and 2020 (and realistically should have won in 2019, as well). Football is a physical sport. It really takes a toll and, consequentially, is a young man's game. And AD99 was injured to end the 2020-21 campaign. So I do wonder if one day Rams fans will ultimately look back on Aaron Donald's Hall of Fame career and identify 2017-2020 as his absolute peak? :( Even if he surely has several great years left.

I think the Rams are acutely aware of this, and it contributes in no small part to their aggressive moves recently. Donald won't be super human forever. A decline has to start at some point.
I’m just putting it out there about AD99,because against Green Bay his 15 yards pF was BS & selfish.He got another PF with hands to the Face.Last thing I’m going is banging on AD99 about what a Great Player he is.
I will say that when Ram Fans talk about players the one guy that will be in the HOF as a Ram is Andrew Whitworth. — Bosa was hurt & Jones was hurt.The fact in 2019 he went against them twice & Clowney as well is just an example of not seeing the big picture sometimes.
The Rams are in the toughest division in the NFL.I just know that I think how this Rams team works hard.
The player I would have given the Game ball to was Rob Havenstien.He played at another level than he has in the past. I know this is a DLine thread.
My point is The Rams players have been pushing each other.The defensive front IMO is being ask to do more than they normally do.
Jalen5 was playing a lot of LBer type spot.Rams going with more Nickle & Dime sets.
The cool thing about the defensive front is it will establish itself.Henderson is an Excellent DLine coach.They have a diverse group &
As Morris’s says it’s all about winning.
A player can have a bad couple snaps or game.I like the way the team comes back the next week & shows improvement.
I give Montgomery credit for keeping his legs moving & running hard.As Mcvay says he is an up & coming RB in the NFL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams DL had an off game in comparison to the overall work of last season.

The Defensive front Five have some very highly-paid players playing in it Sunday night Donald (average annual salary of $22.5 mil.), Floyd(average annual salary of $16 mil,) & Robinson (average annual salary of $8.5 mil).... none earned that $$$ Sunday night.

I wonder if DT Sebastian Joseph-Day has spent way too much time reading all of his positive press clippings too much this year. Call me highly disappointed :angry4:. Places him in with my thought on :crap:A'Shawn Robinson @ this moment in time.

New starter inside @ NT Greg Gaines held up rather well inside but the running holes were left & right of him mostly left of him.:hope:

The Safeties (Rapp & Fuller) did very little to nothing to help plug up the holes too:(! Not sure if DC Morris had his hands around their throats or not:unsure:. Once again call me very unimpressed with both of them & with Morris's poor run game stoppage.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The Defensive front Five have some very highly-paid players playing in it Sunday night Donald (average annual salary of $22.5 mil.), Floyd(average annual salary of $16 mil,) & Robinson (average annual salary of $8.5 mil).... none earned that $$$ Sunday night.

I wonder if DT Sebastian Joseph-Day has spent way too much time reading all of his positive press clippings too much this year. Call me highly disappointed :angry4:. Places him in with my thought on :crap:A'Shawn Robinson @ this moment in time.

New starter inside @ NT Greg Gaines held up rather well inside but the running holes were left & right of him mostly left of him.:hope:

The Safeties (Rapp & Fuller) did very little to nothing to help plug up the holes too:(! Not sure if DC Morris had his hands around their throats or not:unsure:. Once again call me very unimpressed with both of them & with Morris's poor run game stoppage.

Well I still think Raheem Morris doesn’t get the credit he deserves.
My biggest prediction of him is confusing only because he LOVES The Rams so much that opportunity is going to pass him by if The Rams keep winning.
The thing about winning teams is that job overs pass them by because of how late in the season there teams go.There was a reporter asking him about becoming a head coach in the NCAA? That seemed appealing to him.
I have no doubt that he would be excellent in the college ranks.He is a first class guy who cares about his players & staff.
How ever you want to look at The Rams defense is cool with me.I just like the concept in which The Rams defense plays under Raheem Morris.
I love there style & attitudes.They get after it & watching players step up is awesome.

Bonifay'd The Rams are 6-1. I don’t know when the last time that has happened? You have been a positive poster about Ram players who have never even played a NFL game over the years.The Rams have been one of the youngest teams in The NFL for the last 10 years.
My point is I’d think you would be more positive & happy this team has found ways of winning,even if they give up a few big plays.Mcvay has also changed his tune & core beliefs a bit.He is seeing things more in the eyes of Raheem Morris.He is like a Big Bro to Sean.There relationship is tight.
I don’t know if you wanted Staley back ? I don’t know what you think about The Rams defense right now.I don’t know what you think about the Kenny Young trade or the DB’s ? I did see a stat before this last week that the Chargers had to worst run defense in the NFL? Not sure if that is true,but they haven’t looked all that good.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

That's a lot of emojis!;)