OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I heard the numbers on Philly and trying to move F.Cox today. They had no way to move him. Gaudy cap numbers. This makes me happy because i have no doubt teams were calling. Likely teams we're trying to beat to the #1 seed.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree.
Jonah Williams is simply underperforming ... I've mentioned it before, but Morgan Fox is our most missed Defensive Line player.
Jonah is young and may just need a few more years to develop, perhaps Terrell Lewis will take some 5T snaps considering his role as a rotational OLB may shrink some with Von Miller here now. This may also open up a roster spot for our 5'th round draft pick finally, ... DE Earnest Brown VI.
jmo.
I have posted about this many times in the past...Terrell Lewis the over 6-5 265 pounder has the skills to be an effective DE on that left side playing in front of OLB'er Floyd when Morris needs that pass rush. I am convinced that Lewis will be highly effective from that left DE position on 2nd long & 3rd long down events.

A'Shawn Robinson is the listed starter in that old Brockers post. Robinson is a serious force as a run-stuffer but still lacks any pass rush skills other than he can get his hands up to bother the QB better than most.

Both Floyd & Miller are more than capable of flip-flopping sides to mess with most all OT's. In the past when we see DT Mike Hoecht come in AD usually flips/moves to the DE post but having newby Von Miller & former starter Justin Hollins rejoin Og Okoronkwo on that right side OLB post might get us some different looks...

Pass rusher Terrell Lewis is not going to disappear from the snap count.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have posted about this many times in the past...Terrell Lewis the over 6-5 265 pounder has the skills to be an effective DE on that left side playing in front of OLB'er Floyd when Morris needs that pass rush. I am convinced that Lewis will be highly effective from that left DE position on 2nd long & 3rd long down events.

A'Shawn Robinson is the listed starter in that old Brockers post. Robinson is a serious force as a run-stuffer but still lacks any pass rush skills other than he can get his hands up to bother the QB better than most.

Both Floyd & Miller are more than capable of flip-flopping sides to mess with most all OT's. In the past when we see DT Mike Hoecht come in AD usually flips/moves to the DE post but having newby Von Miller & former starter Justin Hollins rejoin Og Okoronkwo on that right side OLB post might get us some different looks...

Pass rusher Terrell Lewis is not going to disappear from the snap count.
I agree we’ll see Lewis inside on some passing downs. He’s not much lighter than Fox and is a force.
His snap count will drop, I predict.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Philip Rivers says he'll listen to Saints if they call him about playing QB for the rest of 2021, per report​

Philip Rivers' retirement may not last very long after all. Rivers, who retired at the end of last season, told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times he would listen to the New Orleans Saints if they called him to play quarterback for the remainder of the 2021 season.

The timing is interesting for Rivers as the high school football team he coaches just finished its season. Rivers retired from the NFL to become the head coach at St. Michael's Catholic School in Alabama, where the team finished with a school record six victories (6-3 record) but failed to make the playoffs.

"Like I told you guys six or eight weeks ago, I'm going to stay somewhat ready in case the perfect storm hits," Rivers said to Mark Heim on WNSP-FM 105.5 Tuesday. "There's been no dialogue, but you can't shut the door on anything. Although I still stick by it's a super, super slim chance. It's got to be the right situation for our family."

Could the Saints battling for a playoff spot amid an uncertain quarterback situation be the right situation for Rivers? New Orleans is a half-game behind the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the NFC South lead and has one of the league's top defenses, but has an uncertain quarterback situation with Jameis Winston out for the season with a torn ACL. Taysom Hill is still battling a concussion and didn't play in Week 8, leaving Trevor Siemian and rookie Ian Book as the only options on the roster until Hill returns.

Siemian played admirably in the win Sunday, completing 16 of 29 passes for 159 yards with a touchdown and zero interceptions. He could be the starting quarterback going forward, as Saints head coach Asshole Face said the Saints "are satisfied with their quarterback room." The Saints have a decision Sunday, if Hill is available, whether to go with him or Siemian.

"We'll see. This is going to be the six-million-dollar question and honestly, we're going to look closely at what the best thing is for our team this week," Payton said Monday. "As the week progresses, we'll see how we want to play it out and we'll be ready to play on Sunday."

Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons could play a major role in the Saints deciding to give Rivers a call. Rivers retired after 17 seasons as one of the league's all-time passing leaders, throwing for 63,440 yards and 421 touchdowns -- ranking fifth all-time in both categories.

In Rivers' final season with the Indianapolis Colts, he completed 68% of his passes for 4,169 yards with 24 touchdowns to 11 interceptions (97.0 rating). Rivers led the Colts to the playoffs with an 11-5 record at the age of 38.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I agree we’ll see Lewis inside on some passing downs. He’s not much lighter than Fox and is a force.
His snap count will drop, I predict.
I would love to see this. That play with Russel Wilson trying to throw over him comes to mind. Imagine Kyler trying to see over the middle with that in the way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams should look into signing Dillion Stoner off the Raiders roster, nothing earth shattering for punt returns, but he returned 55 punts in college, didn't fumble and average 7 yards a return. Some upside as a WR, but sure hands and just being smart on returns is all I'm looking for.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Philip Rivers says he'll listen to Saints if they call him about playing QB for the rest of 2021, per report​

Philip Rivers' retirement may not last very long after all. Rivers, who retired at the end of last season, told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times he would listen to the New Orleans Saints if they called him to play quarterback for the remainder of the 2021 season.

The timing is interesting for Rivers as the high school football team he coaches just finished its season. Rivers retired from the NFL to become the head coach at St. Michael's Catholic School in Alabama, where the team finished with a school record six victories (6-3 record) but failed to make the playoffs.

"Like I told you guys six or eight weeks ago, I'm going to stay somewhat ready in case the perfect storm hits," Rivers said to Mark Heim on WNSP-FM 105.5 Tuesday. "There's been no dialogue, but you can't shut the door on anything. Although I still stick by it's a super, super slim chance. It's got to be the right situation for our family."

Could the Saints battling for a playoff spot amid an uncertain quarterback situation be the right situation for Rivers? New Orleans is a half-game behind the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the NFC South lead and has one of the league's top defenses, but has an uncertain quarterback situation with Jameis Winston out for the season with a torn ACL. Taysom Hill is still battling a concussion and didn't play in Week 8, leaving Trevor Siemian and rookie Ian Book as the only options on the roster until Hill returns.

Siemian played admirably in the win Sunday, completing 16 of 29 passes for 159 yards with a touchdown and zero interceptions. He could be the starting quarterback going forward, as Saints head coach Asshole Face said the Saints "are satisfied with their quarterback room." The Saints have a decision Sunday, if Hill is available, whether to go with him or Siemian.

"We'll see. This is going to be the six-million-dollar question and honestly, we're going to look closely at what the best thing is for our team this week," Payton said Monday. "As the week progresses, we'll see how we want to play it out and we'll be ready to play on Sunday."

Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons could play a major role in the Saints deciding to give Rivers a call. Rivers retired after 17 seasons as one of the league's all-time passing leaders, throwing for 63,440 yards and 421 touchdowns -- ranking fifth all-time in both categories.

In Rivers' final season with the Indianapolis Colts, he completed 68% of his passes for 4,169 yards with 24 touchdowns to 11 interceptions (97.0 rating). Rivers led the Colts to the playoffs with an 11-5 record at the age of 38.
"My ankle feels way better, now"
~Micheal Thomas

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like Wozza Jackson has played in horns previously.