OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just glad he didn't go to the Cardinals. That would have sucked big-time!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or Eric Henderson, he's a great Defensive line coach
I think Shula flies under the radar too. It’s not his fault the Rams admittedly don’t prioritize the ilb. But he gets good results from the edge guys.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We have some impressive position coaches. I dread the thought of losing Brown or Yarber.
If I’m Kroenke, especially with all these damn announcers acting like auctioneers for our position coaches and coordinators, I start giving quiet bonuses to these guys to stay.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Of course, none of those three are effective pass rushers yet, ... I'm still holding out hope we'll eventually get to see Lewis on a situational basis at 5T. jmo.
Are you agreeing with OldNotDead? o_O

He's been advocating for that all year and others thought he was crazy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Are you agreeing with OldNotDead? o_O

He's been advocating for that all year and others thought he was crazy.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, although if it's about giving Lewis a shot as a situational 5T DE pass rusher, then I offered that possibility following our 2021 draft when we didn't really seek a pass rushing DE. Some believe Bobby Brown has a future as a 5T while I haven't seen that kind of speed out of the big man yet, I believe he's more suitable for the interior, ... others believe our 5'th round draft pick, Ernest Brown IV, was drafted for that purpose, but he's more about setting an edge and blocking the run. My first choice was to find a clone of Morgan Fox or even draft an upgrade for 5T, although that wasn't to be. Jonah Williams has the prototypical size and appeared to be a nice developmental player at the position, so his sudden release came as a complete surprise, to me at least. The Rams have a fine defensive line, the only thing lacking Imo is a quality situational pass rusher who can take some pressure off Donald. While I believe Lewis has the talent to play DE, adding some bulk to his lean frame might help some. With Von Miller taking the opposite side from Floyd, Lewis' snap count will likely drop as a rotational OLB, especially considering that Justin Hollins is due to return soon from IR, so in order to get Lewis more involved again, perhaps he can find a role at 5T.
jmo.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Expect Jonah Williams to be resigned to the practice squad :) He is a much more valuable player in our scheme than the Vikings (even if he represents a drop off from Fox as a pass rusher)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I’m Kroenke, especially with all these damn announcers acting like auctioneers for our position coaches and coordinators, I start giving quiet bonuses to these guys to stay.
Think we brought this up with Staley and some of the others. Most of these guys don't want to be position coaches. They want upward mobility and the best boost to that is working for McVay it seems. I get it do your best to keep them but ultimately most of these guys want to be the one doing the daily press conferences.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Expect Jonah Williams to be resigned to the practice squad :) He is a much more valuable player in our scheme than the Vikings (even if he represents a drop off from Fox as a pass rusher)

Edit : disregard saw the failed physical.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Why, you don't believe he can adjust to a 4 - 3 Base, or is there another reason for the Vikings to release him ? And if he's released, there were two other teams who put in waiver claims on Jonah, so how does he make it back to the Rams practice squad ?

Edit : Since J. Williams failed the Vikings physical, although that seems somewhat strange after his 22 snaps against the Texans, and without an injury report, won't the other two teams who put in claims on him have an opportunity to disqualify him ?

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Think we brought this up with Staley and some of the others. Most of these guys don't want to be position coaches. They want upward mobility and the best boost to that is working for McVay it seems. I get it do your best to keep them but ultimately most of these guys want to be the one doing the daily press conferences.
They don’t have to take it… but I’d make their decision to leave as hard as possible by treating them so well, they don’t want to leave. Some will, but every retention is a win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Shula flies under the radar too. It’s not his fault the Rams admittedly don’t prioritize the ilb. But he gets good results from the edge guys.
McVay needs to keep his trap shut and stop drawing attention to Shula. I recall him saying Shula will be an excellent head coach one day.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams added two skill-position players to their Practice Squad.

WR Brandon Powell, a three-year-veteran with kick return experience.

RB Mekhi Sargent, an undrafted rookie free agent.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
My guy Mekhi Sargent!!!!!! Love getting a other Hawkeye!