OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Granddaughter. Her name is Serenity and I already have planned much to her parent’s consternation that when one of them scolds her “I told you to get up and put your cup in the sink. Serenity…now,” to jump up and shout “SERENITY NOW”

Also, she likes three things so far… SciFi (legit, she will stop everything to watch it), the Rams and happy songs.

When I showed her Stafford just after the trade, she giggled loudly. When I showed her Von Miller, she went from crying (she was being put to bed and fussing a lil bit) to laughing and clapping her hands. Not remotely kidding. Everyone already calls her “Grandpa’s football buddy”.

Makes it better that the first time she saw a 9ers player, she started to cry.

It all seems made up even to me… especially as a sporty guy, I had four arty kids… the one season my son played soccer was… well, he’s an amazing artist…lol.

So to have a pre-verbal baby AREADY loving the Rams and seeming to instinctively know who the good guys are… I am super blessed.
I couldn't help myself even though you already know this

c2e0c053594508ed388e6e8250e46d78.jpg

Should also play a clip from the phone when they do that lol

Psycho_X

Legend

Trying to figure out why they waived Jonah unless they just don't like him anymore. But Atwell and Howard open up spots which Von Miller take up one of those and presumably Djax on the way out. So two roster spots that need filled now?

Tano

Legend
Trying to figure out why they waived Jonah unless they just don't like him anymore. But Atwell and Howard open up spots which Von Miller take up one of those and presumably Djax on the way out. So two roster spots that need filled now?
New punt returner J Koski?

Plus another last minute kick ass trade upcoming?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Williams hasn’t produced in his limited time. Hoecht has been the better of the two.

btfd16

Rookie
What is the point of releasing DJax anyway? Do we save that much (if any) scratch??
We don't save anything unless he's claimed. Which seeing his contract and him wanting a role, doesn't seem too likely. Save over $1m I believe if claimed.

Psycho_X

Legend
Williams hasn’t produced in his limited time. Hoecht has been the better of the two.
Well yeah, I'm not really debating whether he should have been cut, I don't really care one way or another just that it meant there are a few more moves still to happen.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What’s Pharoh Cooper up to, he was quite useful on the returns?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
LA Rams Transactions:
•Waived DE Jonah Williams
• Reserve/Injured WR Tutu Atwell
• Reserve/Injured LB Travin Howard

I think that leaves just 50 players on the current active-53-man-roster (I am including Blanton).

Now, there's only four Wide Receivers, and two Inside Linebackers on the fifty-three.

Guessing at least one WR comes-off the Practice Squad. Going to guess Koski.

Also guessing that the Rams hope to sign Jonah Williams to the PS.

They could also want to hold an open spot in case Darious Williams is activated off the short-term-IR.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beginning with the 2017 playoff-loss to Atlanta (fumble and muff), I thought he was awful.
I’ve blanked that out of my mind, was thinking more there time when smashed Seattle in there own backyard. Did he not return one all the way against the Jags as well?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’ve blanked that out of my mind, was thinking more there time when we tinker Seattle in there own backyard. Did he not return one all the way against the Jags as well?
Yes to both but they were during the 2017 Regular Season when he was terrific; and made the Pro Bowl.

However, he killed them in that wild-card game; and then ... just my opinion ... he was totally ineffective in 2018 before they released him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Agree.
Jonah Williams is simply underperforming ... I've mentioned it before, but Morgan Fox is our most missed Defensive Line player.
Jonah is young and may just need a few more years to develop, perhaps Terrell Lewis will take some 5T snaps considering his role as a rotational OLB may shrink some with Von Miller here now. This may also open up a roster spot for our 5'th round draft pick finally, ... DE Earnest Brown VI.
jmo.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree.
Jonah Williams is simply underperforming ... I've mentioned it before, but Morgan Fox is our most missed Defensive Line player.
Jonah is young and may just need a few more years to develop, perhaps Terrell Lewis will take some 5T snaps considering his role as a rotational OLB may shrink some with Von Miller here now. This may also open up a roster spot for our 5'th round draft pick finally, ... DE Earnest Brown VI.
jmo.
I thought the same thing. Either opens a spot for EB or BB

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Except that Bobby Brown has always been on the 53 roster and Earnest Brown has only seen the Practice Squad.
Speaking of BB, did he look extremely slow on Sunday in his limited snaps? I left a bit disappointed in his reps.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Except that Bobby Brown has always been on the 53 roster and Earnest Brown has only seen the Practice Squad.
Hmm. But Williams was getting snaps while Bobby wasn’t. Maybe we’ll have another Ernest Jones situation, where they think it’s time for one or more of the rookies to take Jonah’s place.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Speaking of BB, did he look extremely slow on Sunday in his limited snaps? I left a bit disappointed in his reps.

He's a very big kid, I wasn't really expecting to see much development out of him for a year or two, although for now, perhaps his size alone can help against an interior rush. jmo.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rams projected to receive four or five compensatory picks in 2022

This was probably already posted

I get home from work and try and sift through 900 new posts , sometimes I miss stuff

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The list of free-agent departures suffered by the Los Angeles Rams this offseason is reminiscent of a CVS receipt. Their biggest losses were John Johnson, Troy Hill, Austin Blythe, Gerald Everett and Samson Ebukam, all of whom were starters in 2020. Josh Reynolds, Morgan Fox and Malcolm Brown also left as free agents.

But fortunately for the Rams, they’ll be compensated for their free-agent losses in next year’s draft. Thanks to the NFL’s compensatory pick system, the Rams will receive a handful of selections in the 2022 draft based on the value of the contracts signed by their free agents this offseason.

he deadline for free agents to count toward the compensatory pick formula passed on Monday afternoon, which means any players signed by the Rams (or the other 31 teams) will dock them a comp pick, no matter the value of the contract.

According to Over The Cap, the Rams are projected to receive four compensatory picks for their free-agent losses.

4th-round pick for John Johnson
6th-round pick for Samson Ebukam
6th-round pick for Gerald Everett
6th-round pick for Troy Hill
In addition to those four picks, the Rams will also receive another one for Brad Holmes being hired as the Lions’ new general manager. The NFL introduced a new incentive for teams developing minority front office and coaching candidates, rewarding them with a third-round compensatory pick in consecutive years; the Rams got pick 103 this year for losing Holmes and will also get another third in 2022.

Those picks are counted separately from the traditional compensatory picks, according to Over The Cap

So in total, the Rams stand to add five picks in next year’s draft, though they probably would’ve liked for their compensatory selections to come a bit earlier than the three sixth-rounders will.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hmm. But Williams was getting snaps while Bobby wasn’t. Maybe we’ll have another Ernest Jones situation, where they think it’s time for one or more of the rookies to take Jonah’s place.

While Bobby is on the '53', he's only been activated to the '48' a couple times this season. I was expecting to see him activated again if we faced Derrick Henry, although that may change now with Henry being IR'd. jmo.