OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
See where Jonah Williams was picked-up by Minnesota.

Was hoping he would return to the Rams via the Practice Squad.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
See where Jonah Williams was picked-up by Minnesota.

Was hoping he would return to the Rams via the Practice Squad.

Can't say I'm surprised, although he does have some work to do before he's starting DE material in my book.
Terrell Lewis might be better suited to that 5T job anyway, we'll see. Justin Lawler, Marquise Copeland or Ernest Brown IV may also be brought up from the Practice Squad as they all play the position.
jmo.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can't say I'm surprised, although he does have some work to do before he's starting DE material in my book.
Terrell Lewis might be better suited to that 5T job anyway, we'll see. Justin Lawler, Marquise Copeland or Ernest Brown IV may also be brought up from the Practice Squad as they all play the position.
jmo.
I'm not sure they will bring-up a DL from the PS.

They still have six on the 53. Bobby Brown was inactive until this past week when Joseph-Day was out. With SJD expected back, the Rams can dress six DL if they want, with Gaines, Hoecht and Brown in reserve.

Assuming Brooks and Hall re-vert-back to the PS after being active against Houston, the roster stands at 52 right now but McVay said this afternoon he hopes Darious Williams will be ready for the Titans.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not sure they will bring-up a DL from the PS.

They still have six on the 53. Bobby Brown was inactive until this past week when Joseph-Day was out. With SJD expected back, the Rams can dress six DL if they want, with Gaines, Hoecht and Brown in reserve.

Assuming Brooks and Hall re-vert-back to the PS after being active against Houston, the roster stands at 52 right now but McVay said this afternoon he hopes Darious Williams will be ready for the Titans.

Of course, none of those three are effective pass rushers yet, ... I'm still holding out hope we'll eventually get to see Lewis on a situational basis at 5T. jmo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Respectfully disagree.

Lewis is a prototype OLB and with how we're handling him so that he can get his snaps on Sunday, he's starting to ball out a bit.

The last place I want to see a long, lean guy is at the 5T. You kinda need cankles if you're gonna be on the inside short of those all pass rusher 4 man fronts that Spag introduced, I believe.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Respectfully disagree.

Lewis is a prototype OLB and with how we're handling him so that he can get his snaps on Sunday, he's starting to ball out a bit.

The last place I want to see a long, lean guy is at the 5T. You kinda need cankles if you're gonna be on the inside short of those all pass rusher 4 man fronts that Spag introduced, I believe.

Lewis is in danger of losing some of those snaps now that Von Miller is here. I can't speak towards his 'cankles', although his toughness, speed and height make him worthy for a tryout at the position Imo. And again, it would be only situational.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Respectfully disagree.

I agree, plus inside Lewis would have to generate more forward push. Wouldn't that be tough on a bum knee?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys the Rams develop get picked up by other teams. Good sign of where the program is at.
We have some impressive position coaches. I dread the thought of losing Brown or Yarber.