OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well both those players had issues
Sure did but in normal scouting years some questions may have arisen about them or might not have. Even so this isn’t a normal situation where two first round picks are waived before their second season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

child's play chucky GIF

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well both those players had issues
As Snead said in an interview earlier this year, one advantage of not picking in the first round is that you normally won't have the issue of falling in love with a players natural ability/ physical gifts and being fooled by them... aka Greg Robinson/ Tavon Austin as an example.

Tano

Legend
As Snead said in an interview earlier this year, one advantage of not picking in the first round is that you normally won't have the issue of falling in love with a players natural ability/ physical gifts and being fooled by them... aka Greg Robinson/ Tavon Austin as an example.
Yeah but I also like the strategy of trading down from late first round picks.

IMO - there are players that fall into these categories each year plus or minus a few

Top 5
6 - 15 to 20
21 - 60
61 - 100

So if you can trade your late 20s pick into 2 more in the top 100, you up your chances of hitting on a player or two with 4 picks in the top 100

Tano

Legend

And he can whiff against the Rams on an open field tackle

Am I still bitter about the missed tackle against Atlanta that kept the Rams from possibly winning that game?

Well let me put it this way - I was glad they moved on from him after that game.

dang

Legend
Say it ain't so, why would you cut @Loyal 's favorite player? Wonder if he was dangled in front of Indy for a 7th. When they said pass, Coach called him into the office.
was he the one (not) blocking when Stafford whacked his hand on Donald’s helmet?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And he can whiff against the Rams on an open field tackle

Am I still bitter about the missed tackle against Atlanta that kept the Rams from possibly winning that game?

Well let me put it this way - I was glad they moved on from him after that game.
Best thing they got a draft pick for him. Was that pick SJ69 ? I used to always keep up with who won each trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Demby was fairly useless when he was in games and I had high hopes when we drafted him
I think a lot of people were duped on Demby. Some media draft pundits were mocking as high as third round. In round 7 that made him feel like a steal.
Im going to guess that most draft fans here don’t dissect every possible pick beforehand. I know I don’t have that kind of time.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah but I also like the strategy of trading down from late first round picks.

IMO - there are players that fall into these categories each year plus or minus a few

Top 5
6 - 15 to 20
21 - 60
61 - 100

So if you can trade your late 20s pick into 2 more in the top 100, you up your chances of hitting on a player or two with 4 picks in the top 100
Agree.... I would rather have pick 40 & 70 than pick 25