OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

GIF by FOX International Channels

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am still of the opinion the Ram's biggest concern is @ outside Corner. I see this move as some evidence of what I said back in March of this year on this situation.

Just how much have our own ROD TC reporters said on the daily performance practices on corner David Long. With our top newcomer corner rookie, CB Robert Rochell being out too.......

I have seen many camp photos & posts on how well our receivers & the safeties have done in practice but very little to nothing on CB's Dont'e Deayon, Brontae Harris & Kareem Orr, and David Long.

Am I wrong have I missed all this good info being reported on the reserve corners?

Tano

Legend
I am still of the opinion the Ram's biggest concern is @ outside Corner. I see this move as some evidence of what I said back in March of this year on this situation.

Just how much have our own ROD TC reporters said on the daily performance practices on corner David Long. With our top newcomer corner rookie, CB Robert Rochell being out too.......

I have seen many camp photos & posts on how well our receivers & the safeties have done in practice but very little to nothing on CB's Dont'e Deayon, Brontae Harris & Kareem Orr, and David Long.

Am I wrong have I missed all this good info being reported on the reserve corners?
Kareem Orr had an interception but nothing else that I saw

Well I think I saw one post that David Long had a good practice.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kareem Orr had an interception but nothing else that I saw

Well I think I saw one post that David Long had a good practice.
Thanks Tano!

I have been very happy with all the reports on our safeties thus far it's really encouraging. Snead sure has done well with very little draft ammo in securing a good safety cadre.

Snead might end up waiting till the final NFL team Preseason releases before signing an outside corner. A veteran outside corner who is on the downside of his career would be a welcome move IMO.

dang

Legend
I hope I’m wrong but I felt the Rams needed a vet CB and ILB to flesh out the roster. I’m warming up to the thought they can scheme around their ILB weaknesses but with Akers injury I extend that to include a vet RB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hope I’m wrong but I felt the Rams needed a vet CB and ILB to flesh out the roster. I’m warming up to the thought they can scheme around their ILB weaknesses but with Akers injury I extend that to include a vet RB.
Like I mentioned above ......There always seem to be a dozen or so veteran RB's that get released when the final cuts take place before the regular season begins. Some of them usually have some decent tread left on them enough to assist with a running attack by a committee which the Rams will be forced to put into operation this season.

But with Henderson & his problematic NFL injury history & availability being our #1 RB.......you would have to have your head deep incased in cement & sand not to have some big concerns.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Like I mentioned above ......There always seem to be a dozen or so veteran RB's that get released when the final cuts take place before the regular season begins. Some of them usually have some decent tread left on them enough to assist with a running attack by a committee which the Rams will be forced to put into operation this season.

But with Henderson & his problematic NFL injury history & availability being our #1 RB.......you would have to have your head deep incased in cement & sand not to have some big concerns.
I definitely see a vet RB being added. As you stated they will have enough to pick from to find a guy that would be a nice fit here. Thinking a bigger type back to take on the Malcom Brown role since Akers was expected to handle that role as well as feature back.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Just the fact that they grabbed Orr made me wonder if they are not convinced that they have the outside corner that they need on the current roster. Now they sign another? It’s not looking great imo.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just the fact that they grabbed Orr made me wonder if they are not convinced that they have the outside corner that they need on the current roster. Now they sign another? It’s not looking great imo.
Maybe. But, with Rochelle injured they did need another CB out there for practice.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Maybe. But, with Rochelle injured they did need another CB out there for practice.
I would think that would be a big element in the signing of a CB too. All fits in with a solid concern @ outside corner in my thoughts here.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sure, depth could be better. Wasn't great last yr, but luckily their top 3 CB's stayed healthy all yr. Can't count on that happening again. So I just think they are trying to cover all the bases as best they can.