OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe you ate right. I thought Brown wanted to play left tackle, so he can get paid. He doesn't sound like a team player. Maybe the Ravens were sick of him belly aching. Who knows who he was griping to. I'm sure the Ravens did not turn down better offers. Its likely the best offer they got. There has to be reasons for that. Word gets around in the league about who is a standup guy and who isn't. Consider Marcus Peterson. First round talent but they took a second round pick for him. The Rams took even less to get rid of him.

I'll bet Brown threatens to hold out if not given his extension. If not maybe he decides to test free agency. If so, then Veach decides essentially a second round pick is worth a year or two of putting up with Brown if it gets them a Super Bowl. This is a good year to draft his replacement.

I don't think they miss Everett as much as JJ and Hill. I hope Snead is able to take advantage of this odd draft year and really finds some great UDFAs to backup what's starting to look like a thin on quality DB group. An injury or two and they could be in trouble.

Brown is a Me Not We player... "I will only play LT now".

Translation... LT's make more $ and that's all I give a fuck about.

Big Whit... "Hey, if you need me to move positions I'll be happy to play guard".

Translation... Whatever I can do to help the team get better.

Fuck Brown. He's a Brown Eye. The Queefs deserve him.

Just watch what happens to his level of play after he signs his LT contract.
Yeah something with that trade seems off. First off if Brown is widely regarded as a LT he probably would have had bidders and a higher price point in picks required to get him. He played RT for them too so that's a bad indicator IMO. Admittedly I'm jumping in here in the blind btw. Haven't really sat down and watched his film and don't like the Ravens or care enough about Brown enough to endure their tape.

But something just doesn't seem right. What I suspect is going on is he's a RT who wants LT money. That's kind of what these indicators suggest at least. I'm sure he'll help KC but this might end up being like our Peters move where it's short term for a valuable pick. Looks great for KC on paper right now but we'll see.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I do wonder if teams like the Rams can have a wink-wink agreement with a FA out there that has to wait until after June 1st to sign (to avoid comp pick issues). That way they can use that knowledge when drafting and know that a hole is plugged already. Of course, nothing would likely prevent that player from receiving a superior offer from another team and going elsewhere. Would be relieving to know you had a guy like Atkins, Houston, or a CB agreeing to play with you beforehand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Agree with the projected-OL above, assuming Dr. Tardif chooses to return to the NFL. However, the signing of Kyle Long and the presence of Kevin Wylie give K.C. RG options.

Just saw Peter Schrager (usually like him) do a poor job on NFLN discussing the Chiefs' OL. Had Mike Remmers at RT, and never mentioned Niang. Had Long at RG and failed to mention Tardif or Wylie. Also referred to Blythe as 'a good player with the Rams' ... guess I am OK with that ... if he said 'very good' I would have had an issue.

The fact that K.C. signed Thuney to a big-$ deal and then took a flyer on Long when they also had Wylie, makes me think Tardif told the Organization he may not be back. Could have thirty years in medicine; and there's a real risk to playing pro football. Just read an article about former Bears' All Pro Steve McMichael and his health issues.

I'm a little surprised Schrager left out Niang. He dropped in the draft due to a hip injury. Chiefs had him as a first round talent. I expect good play from him.

Yes, the Canadian Doctor will be back. This is likely his last season. I don't see him ever making over three million again.

Blythe is a Chief because Reiter took too long considering his offers. Blythe clearly gave KC a discount. He really wanted to be here. He's from a part of Iowa that is Chiefs country. He grew up a Chiefs fan. One of those deals.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What is the league going to do if the chiefs sign Antonio Brown? They have the money, the bucs don't. They need a wr opposite hill. It makes perfect sense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

What is the league going to do if the chiefs sign Antonio Brown? They have the money, the bucs don't. They need a wr opposite hill. It makes perfect sense.

The league rules and Goodell are a joke. They let the Patriots get away with blatant cheating for two decades. They pretend to take a tough stance on drug use. And they pretend to have no tolerance for abusing or sexually assaulting women. I’m convinced that the real policy is, if the public sees it then they take serious action. Like Ray Rice’s case. Anything else just gets a suspension and that’s as far as they are willing to go because they are afraid of litigation. That’s why we see drug users and guys that shoot up the neighborhood or known sexual offenders back in the league regularly. They won’t do anything.

Psycho_X

Legend

Yahoo Sports

Report: Buccaneers bringing back WR Antonio Brown on 1-year deal​

Liz Roscher
Liz Roscher
Wed, April 28, 2021, 7:27 AM

The Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly bringing back wide receiver Antonio Brown on a one-year deal, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The deal is reportedly worth $3.1 million guaranteed, but Brown could earn up to $6.25 million.

Brown, 32, returned to the NFL in 2020 after appearing in just one game in 2019. He was suspended for eight games in July 2020 for multiple violations the NFL's personal conduct policy after he'd been accused of rape and sexual assault by several woman, and one of them, his former trainer Britney Taylor, had sued him. Brown also allegedly sent intimidating text messages to one of his accusers.
Brown settled the civil suit with Taylor in mid-April, which reportedly set the stage for the Buccaneers to bring him back.

In eight games with the Buccaneers, Brown made 45 catches for 483 yards and scored four touchdowns. He also scored a touchdown in the Bucs' Super Bowl win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Stability with Buccaneers​

If all goes according to plan, this will be the first time Brown has started the season on time and with the same team he ended it with since 2018. He spent the first nine seasons of his career as a standout with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the relationship had become strained by the end of the 2018 season. He was benched in Week 17 after reportedly skipping practice, and had gotten into fights with teammates.
The Steelers traded him to the Las Vegas Raiders in March 2019, but things took a bizarre turn not long after he arrived to training camp in a hot air balloon. He was sidelined after hurting his feet during a cryotherapy session, and then filed a grievance with the NFL after he was told he could no longer wear his preferred helmet due to safety regulations. Brown also reportedly had a confrontation with general manager Mike Mayock over fines, and asked for his release shortly after.
On the same day he was released, Brown signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots. He would end up playing just one game with them before being released again due to additional sexual assault allegations coming to light. He did not play for the rest of the 2019 season.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm just glad this piece of human excrement is not a Ram! Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. Who knows maybe this year he be will able to play in two games.

dang

Legend

ah well, that sucks.

they're gonna be even better on offense this season.

yeah but so are the Rams. and the Rams pretty much outplayed them in their house last year. Bucs do have an older team and age can be a factor over a 27 game season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The league rules and Goodell are a joke. They let the Patriots get away with blatant cheating for two decades. They pretend to take a tough stance on drug use. And they pretend to have no tolerance for abusing or sexually assaulting women. I’m convinced that the real policy is, if the public sees it then they take serious action. Like Ray Rice’s case. Anything else just gets a suspension and that’s as far as they are willing to go because they are afraid of litigation. That’s why we see drug users and guys that shoot up the neighborhood or known sexual offenders back in the league regularly. They won’t do anything.
And if Ray Rice would have been still able to play at high level, he'd have been back in the league for sure.
You are so right on this, case in point, KC surely swept the Britt Reid mess under the rug. Fired him, washed their hands of it, no culpability

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KC surely swept the Britt Reid mess under the rug
Not to mention the small child whose arm was broken by his father... Tyreek Hill. I realize the cops could not charge him without his mother pressing charges, but surely the NFL had to realize that he was the bastard that did that. Maybe Goodell could not suspend him without being sued... I don't know. But I feel sorry for that boy.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL is like society, IMO. 10% of its players make up 90% of the poor media/criminal element the public sees.