OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
OBJ is a two time Pro Bowl selection. I believe the All-Pro selection for LT went to Trent Williams last year.

I said all-pro not probowl nobody cares about the probowl. Anyway you slice it the dude is an awesome LT or RT.
I also said based on age alone. Even if he is in the same league in terms of skill as Trent Williams Brown is only 26 which makes him more valuable.

P.s. I also lobbied for Trent Williams when he was being dangled by Washington. If I had to choose right now though I'd take brown based on age.

And as far as obj I haven't said didley about him and I'm not sure what that meant but he is also very good lol

I'm looking it up now but my point is the guys is a super talent who already has shown it at both positions.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
OBJ is a two time Pro Bowl selection. I believe the All-Pro selection for LT went to Trent Williams last year.

He has been all pro for last two years last year they cheated though and made him and all pro RT when in fact he played LT. It's so dumb.

Anyway he is a chief now so sadly moot point. I still hope we got some tricks up our sleeves coming up.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
He has been all pro for last two years last year they cheated though and made him and all pro RT when in fact he played LT. It's so dumb.

Anyway he is a chief now so sadly moot point. I still hope we got some tricks up our sleeves coming up.

Feel free to check out the All-Pro teams from the last two years.

This draft is vital for the Rams. With no first round pick the Rams have to find some gems. The offense looks really good with the addition of Stafford. A stud LB, Nickel CB, and S would go a long way with this team. Tom Brady won't die easy. He hates Mahomes too much to do that.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Feel free to check out the All-Pro teams from the last two years.

This draft is vital for the Rams. With no first round pick the Rams have to find some gems. The offense looks really good with the addition of Stafford. A stud LB, Nickel CB, and S would go a long way with this team. Tom Brady won't die easy. He hates Mahomes too much to do that.

My bad supe!!! Sorry your right he got votes for all-pro both years was a pro-bowler which nobody cares about lol but votes came at right tackle for all-pro course last year makes no sense since he played LT.
That said I still take him now today over Williams because of the age.

And yea we need gems and immediate impact guys at least two but I always think if you push all your chips in to win now I don't want to depend on to many rookies in big games. I truly hope they can sprinkle the rooks in but still add some very good cheap talent that just wants to win to make the team complete.

Like for me I'd love a gem of a corner but there will or may come a time in an important game the corner no matter how good gets fooled toasted cause he is a rook and that one ay changes the game. So I draft the corner or two but I'd be all over Poole as my slot guy I'd like sherman (that hurts me to say) but not sure nickel is where it's at for him but that big game experience and mentoring the young dudes is invaluable. Jalen is a phenom but he may even pick up an additional trick or two lol.

Same with Melvin Ingram I believe he still out there as well as a Geno Atkins. They have tread but each one proves useful in there own way. Fingers crossed rams become island of misfit toys and can sign ring chasers. Comp formula expires when? April 29th???

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
My bad supe!!! Sorry your right he got votes for all-pro both years was a pro-bowler which nobody cares about lol but votes came at right tackle for all-pro course last year makes no sense since he played LT.

And yea we need gems and immediate impact guys at least two but I always think if you push all your chips in to win now I don't want to depend on to many rookies in big games. I truly hope they can sprinkle the rooks in but still add some very good cheap talent that just wants to win to make the team complete.

Like for me I'd love a gem of a corner but there will or may come a time in an important game the corner no matter how good gets fooled toasted cause he is a rook and that one ay changes the game. So I draft the corner or two but I'd be all over Poole as my slot guy I'd like sherman (that hurts me to say) but not sure nickel is where it's at for him but that big game experience and mentoring the young dudes is invaluable. Jalen is a phenom but he may even pick up an additional trick or two lol.

Same with Melvin Ingram I believe he still out there as well as a Geno Atkins. They have tread but each one proves useful in there own way. Fingers crossed rams become island of misfit toys and can sign ring chasers. Comp formula expires when? April 29th???

Yeah, I think KC has their eyes on Ingram as well. He came the team on a FA visit. Atkins next to Donald would be absolutely terrifying. The best way to beat Tom Brady is pressure up the middle. That would do it.

As for rookies it's a mixed bag. Some need years to grow, some get the bugs out in training camp, some require only half a season, some wash out after a really good first season. So ya just never know.

Great coaching that puts the young guys in their comfort zone and allows them to thrive goes a long way.

Yes, FA signed after the draft don't count against the comp pick formula. So you're gonna see several guys sign. Andrew Villanueva is said to have a deal worked out with BAL.

The ring chaser I'd love to see in KC after the draft is Larry Fitz. For the Rams, Geno Atkins.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Id love
Yeah, I think KC has their eyes on Ingram as well. He came the team on a FA visit. Atkins next to Donald would be absolutely terrifying. The best way to beat Tom Brady is pressure up the middle. That would do it.

As for rookies it's a mixed bag. Some need years to grow, some get the bugs out in training camp, some require only half a season, some wash out after a really good first season. So ya just never know.

Great coaching that puts the young guys in their comfort zone and allows them to thrive goes a long way.

Yes, FA signed after the draft don't count against the comp pick formula. So you're gonna see several guys sign. Andrew Villanueva is said to have a deal worked out with BAL.

The ring chaser I'd love to see in KC after the draft is Larry Fitz. For the Rams, Geno Atkins.
2 out of the 3 mentioned but one of them has to be Poole. Obviously I'd love all 3 lmao but only Brady gets to make super teams sadly lol

dang

Legend

Agreed. I sure hope the Rams pick up some quality FAs at CB and LB. They will be needed until young bucks take over later this year or next.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly OBJ saw the franchise tag coming and was letting them know early if they were going to go franchise him as a RT then he wanted to part ways
There’s no designation for RT or LT with a franchise tag. Oline get the same $$ whether LT/RT, C, or Guard. It’s just “Olineman”

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
There’s no designation for RT or LT with a franchise tag. Oline get the same $$ whether LT/RT, C, or Guard. It’s just “Olineman”

Wow, then Brown just wants to play LT like his Dad and get that bigger contract. He'll get both in KC. Everyone wins.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, then Brown just wants to play LT like his Dad and get that bigger contract. He'll get both in KC. Everyone wins.
Except for Clark and Kelce who probably have just 1 year left in KC before the money catches up with the roster.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Except for Clark and Kelce who probably have just 1 year left in KC before the money catches up with the roster.

I don't see Kelce going anywhere. That's Patrick's Mahomie and Kelce bleeds KC. He said something on the lines of as long as the Clark family is offering him a contract he'll be in KC. Veach will work out something team friendly and fair.

As for Frank Clark. It's a widespread belief this is his last year with the Chiefs. He'd have to play at a higher level than he's ever played to stay with the team.

I'd say he's been worth the money and picks because he has played a big part of the Chiefs postseason runs. But it's just too much money.

Unfortunately when he goes I think Reed goes with him. Clark and Jones recruited Reed. I'd regret losing Reed more than Clark because DI pressure is harder to generate than EDGE. Clark goes long stretches where you forget he's playing at all.

Anthony Hitchens will also be gone. His cap hit is 10 million this year. Although this may have been his best season he's not lived up to his contract.

It's clear the Chiefs defense will get a mini-overhaul next season.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see Kelce going anywhere. That's Patrick's Mahomie and Kelce bleeds KC. He said something on the lines of as long as the Clark family is offering him a contract he'll be in KC. Veach will work out something team friendly and fair.

As for Frank Clark. It's a widespread belief this is his last year with the Chiefs. He'd have to play at a higher level than he's ever played to stay with the team.

I'd say he's been worth the money and picks because he has played a big part of the Chiefs postseason runs. But it's just too much money.

Unfortunately when he goes I think Reed goes with him. Clark and Jones recruited Reed. I'd regret losing Reed more than Clark because DI pressure is harder to generate than EDGE. Clark goes long stretches where you forget he's playing at all.

Anthony Hitchens will also be gone. His cap hit is 10 million this year. Although this may have been his best season he's not lived up to his contract.

It's clear the Chiefs defense will get a mini-overhaul next season.

I was looking at the Chiefs today.... They got a weird cap year going... Clark is like $25.5MM hit where Mahomes is $7.5MM.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Goff get traded to the Chiefs? Boy this thread sure turned into a Chiefs thread :thinking:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I was looking at the Chiefs today.... They got a weird cap year going... Clark is like $25.5MM hit where Mahomes is $7.5MM.

Yes, Clark's deal is heavily back loaded. His first year money was tight and the money was lighter to fit under the cap. This is why it's basically impossible to cut him with all the guaranteed money he's owed. Next year he's still owed a lot of guaranteed but it would actually save a lot by cutting him.

You're gonna see Mahomes's cap hit very low for the next several years. It's designed to be restructured each year to minimize the cap hit. Plus Mahomes is actually on his fifth year option so it's even lower.

Something I saw today as well is the Chiefs OL. They have a real shot at being a top OL. If you look at the cap the entire unit cost under 10 million. Even Kyle Long's cap hit is like 1.5 million.

So on paper the Chiefs have a $7 million QB and a 10 million OL. Clyde is on a rookie contract on top of that's. It's pretty unthinkable.
20210424_224625.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yes, Clark's deal is heavily back loaded. His first year money was tight and the money was lighter to fit under the cap. This is why it's basically impossible to cut him with all the guaranteed money he's owed. Next year he's still owed a lot of guaranteed but it would actually save a lot by cutting him.

You're gonna see Mahomes's cap hit very low for the next several years. It's designed to be restructured each year to minimize the cap hit. Plus Mahomes is actually on his fifth year option so it's even lower.

Something I saw today as well is the Chiefs OL. They have a real shot at being a top OL. If you look at the cap the entire unit cost under 10 million. Even Kyle Long's cap hit is like 1.5 million.

So on paper the Chiefs have a $7 million QB and a 10 million OL. Clyde is on a rookie contract on top of that's. It's pretty unthinkable. View attachment 45095
Mahomes NFL salary, is and will be secondary to the endorsement money he makes.
The guy is a very hot commodity for advertisers.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

So on paper the Chiefs have a $7 million QB and a 10 million OL. Clyde is on a rookie contract on top of that's. It's pretty unthinkable. View attachment 45095
Agree with the projected-OL above, assuming Dr. Tardif chooses to return to the NFL. However, the signing of Kyle Long and the presence of Kevin Wylie give K.C. RG options.

Just saw Peter Schrager (usually like him) do a poor job on NFLN discussing the Chiefs' OL. Had Mike Remmers at RT, and never mentioned Niang. Had Long at RG and failed to mention Tardif or Wylie. Also referred to Blythe as 'a good player with the Rams' ... guess I am OK with that ... if he said 'very good' I would have had an issue.

The fact that K.C. signed Thuney to a big-$ deal and then took a flyer on Long when they also had Wylie, makes me think Tardif told the Organization he may not be back. Could have thirty years in medicine; and there's a real risk to playing pro football. Just read an article about former Bears' All Pro Steve McMichael and his health issues.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree with the projected-OL above, assuming Dr. Tardif chooses to return to the NFL. However, the signing of Kyle Long and the presence of Kevin Wylie give K.C. RG options.

Just saw Peter Schrager (usually like him) do a poor job on NFLN discussing the Chiefs' OL. Had Mike Remmers at RT, and never mentioned Niang. Had Long at RG and failed to mention Tardif or Wylie. Also referred to Blythe as 'a good player with the Rams' ... guess I am OK with that ... if he said 'very good' I would have had an issue.

The fact that K.C. signed Thuney to a big-$ deal and then took a flyer on Long when they also had Wylie, makes me think Tardif told the Organization he may not be back. Could have thirty years in medicine; and there's a real risk to playing pro football. Just read an article about former Bears' All Pro Steve McMichael and his health issues.
Schrager is a joke imo. No real knowledge. He just sucks up to anyone he can to get info then acts like he’s smart. Comes across like a salesman to me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Schrager is a joke imo. No real knowledge. He just sucks up to anyone he can to get info then acts like he’s smart. Comes across like a salesman to me.
OK, so you’re on the fence.

Actually, I don’t strongly disagree. There are not many NFL commentators that I hold in high regard; and there’s a bunch I really don’t like.

Knowledge is one thing, and a lot of former players and coaches have it but that doesn’t mean they put in the work needed for meaningful analysis. Too many guys just go through the motions.

Also, think that as Rams’ fans we look at our team more closely and often; and actually know the Rams better than many of those paid to cover all 32 teams. That’s one reason I enjoy this Forum.

Still, as a Rams’ fan, it’s tough to be objective. Schrager likes the Rams and McVay, so I kind of like him.

Mike Silver loves Goff, so he was usually pro-Rams. Objectively, I could see it but I liked Silver because of it. Now he’s excessively critical of the Rams; and I don’t like him.