OFFICIAL 2021 Coaching changes / Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think this cements that Watson is gone.

The ONE guy Watson asked them to interview and he barely got a zoom meeting and that was it.

This might end up pretty good for us.

Still can’t wrap my head around players believing they have front office hiring clout

How times have changed, not seeing for the better hey but oh well, it ain’t my money, I’m just a lowly fan

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still can’t wrap my head around players believing they have front office hiring clout

How times have changed, not seeing for the better hey but oh well, it ain’t my money, I’m just a lowly fan
100%!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Caught some of the press conferences for Sirianni (Eagles) and Culley (Texans).

Not impressive.

Not trying to be overly critical here; and a winning coach can pick his nose and drool, and it would be considered just adorable.

That being said, some coaches (teams and cities) get very short grace periods, and how they first present themselves is huge.

Psycho_X

Legend

Not impressive.

Not trying to be overly critical here; and a winning coach can pick his nose and drool, and it would be considered just adorable.

That being said, some coaches (teams and cities) get very short grace periods, and how they first present themselves is huge.

No kidding, maybe he turns into a winner but if I was an Eagles fan watching this I’d hate everything about this guy already.

View: https://twitter.com/adamlefkoe/status/1355234085870956553?s=21

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I felt sorry for the guy. There was much more that was just as bad.

He might turn out to be a quality head coach; and I don’t think public speaking is a requirement. He may be good speaking with players and coaches.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was a very good multimedia engineer. Did ONE interview and with the camera in my face, I looked like I was having a stroke...

Sometimes it’s the camera that intimidates...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a very good multimedia engineer. Did ONE interview and with the camera in my face, I looked like I was having a stroke...

Sometimes it’s the camera that intimidates...
Unfortunately he just took a job where he's going to be on camera or have a mic in his face an awful large portion of his time every week.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I used to have a little ego... ya know... about the size of a Tamagachi but with less demands... and life keeps smashing it.

it’s now about 7 Plancks long and Life is still giving me the side eye like “let that grow even a little bit and see what I do...”

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Unfortunately he just took a job where he's going to be on camera or have a mic in his face an awful large portion of his time every week.

people can learn to be more comfy in front of a camera... harder to learn football

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Not impressive.

Yeah these look like two poor hires. The Texans hire in particular I think a cab driver who follows the team by listening to the radio could have done better. He just hired Lovie Smith too. Poor Lovie. :LOL:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Being a Rams fan is all the pain I can take (although under McVay, it’s been good)

Being a Jets fan is admitting to being a masochist... LOL. That ain’t me.

They were my second team during the Sack exchange days. My how that franchise has fallen.

Not impressive.

He reminds me of a Spagnoulo knock off.

I'll never forget the knot in my stomach when I first saw Linehan speak. It was depressing.

Maybe the Texans and Eagles are trying to find the next McVay type. Get away from the tried and true. I wish teams would start hiring the Niners coaches. Saleh is a big start but how about some offensive assistants? McVay is running out of friends to hire and the quality since his first staff on offense has been slowly eroding.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe the Texans and Eagles are trying to find the next McVay type. Get away from the tried and true. I wish teams would start hiring the Niners coaches. Saleh is a big start but how about some offensive assistants? McVay is running out of friends to hire and the quality since his first staff on offense has been slowly eroding.

Good camparisons as Nick Sirianni reminds me of Adam Gase because I believe the Eagles hired him due to the high praises of Philip Rivers and the fact that maybe they wish they had kept Frank Reich.

David Culley seems to have put together a decent staff, although I have doubts with Lovie Smith because it's been 9 years since he's been a DC. Robert Salah brought with him Mike LaFleur (Passing Game Coordinator) & 49ers Offensive Line Coach John Benton, so they lost 3 assistants and two main guys on offense, that's a good thing.

As to McVay's staff, I will have to analyze once it's done and you could be right because Barry & Pleasant were excellent position coaches, but I believe Morris & DeCamillis were great hires, now we have to see how the rest of the staff works out before we can pass judgment.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale