OFFICIAL 2021 Coaching changes / Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur I'm happy for Holmes although I will miss him too, but it appears one of the reasons that made Holmes even more attractive was his plan to hire Staley as Head Coach....Let's be honest here, it kind of sucks because McVay found him, nobody in the NFL heard of Brandon Staley, but that's the way it goes.
That’s why you hobble the good ones...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now with Brad Holmes gone, @jrry32 needs to have his agent contact the Los Angeles Rams and apply for the Director of College Scouting opening....That would be an excellent hire.

fearsomefour

Legend

fearsomefour

Legend
Bum deal. most of our assistants don't last more than one year. Maybe, we still get another pick for Farmer though, that would be 3.
The NFL is a trend copy cat league.
The trend now, started with McVay, is very young head coaches.
Don’t know why the Rams don’t deny Staley.
Throw a bunch of money at him and tell him, no, permission not granted.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Don’t know why the Rams don’t deny Staley.
Throw a bunch of money at him and tell him, no, permission not granted.

Can not deny an upward move.

Position coach to a coordinator role, or from coordinator to head coach. Been the rule for a long time.

Washington could not deny McVay to the Rams.
Denver could not deny Staley to the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Position coach to a coordinator role, or from coordinator to head coach. Been the rule for a long time.

Well, almost true....
Cant deny move to HC, absolute truth
All other moves do require approval from team. There's only 2 designations, Head coach, and assistant coaches. Denver could have blocked Staley from going to the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend

Cool.
Didn’t realize it only applied to lateral moves.
Makes sense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's the next coach for the Jags so what do you think? Eleven draft picks and a ton of cap so can he and whoever is hired as GM turn it around?

View: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1349863624307826692?s=21

Here's what I think about The Duvals hiring Urban Liar.

1) It's a damn good thing that Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States @ over 840 square miles... because Liar's ego/head won't actually fit into any other city limit completely anymore. Jax will barely be able to encompass it.

2) He won't be getting any love from a large % of the jag fans. Many jag fans are gators... and ALL gators HATE that slimy bastard with a passion. My local sports talk radio station is blowing up with calls from gator fans who can't wait to "speak their minds" to Liar when he's stuck out on the jag sidelines. Gator fans are extremely obnoxious and the gators are their only real love.

3) No matter how Liar performs... it will be interesting to watch. Khan will at least get his sad sack franchise in the news some with this hire... but I don't know what to expect from Liar on the NFL level. Failure or success... this hire will be news worthy though. If things go way south for Liar and his jags... don't be shocked when he bails out before his contract ends and claims that he can't coach anymore for health reasons.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1) It's a damn good thing that Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States @ over 840 square miles... because Liar's ego/head won't actually fit into any other city limit completely anymore. Jax will barely be able to encompass it.

2) He won't be getting any love from a large % of the jag fans. Many jag fans are gators... and ALL gators HATE that slimy bastard with a passion. My local sports talk radio station is blowing up with calls from gator fans who can't wait to "speak their minds" to Liar when he's stuck out on the jag sidelines. Gator fans are extremely obnoxious and the gators are their only real love.

3) No matter how Liar performs... it will be interesting to watch. Khan will at least get his sad sack franchise in the news some with this hire... but I don't know what to expect from Liar on the NFL level. Failure or success... this hire will be news worthy though. If things go way south for Liar and his jags... don't be shocked when he bails out before his contract ends and claims that he can't coach anymore for health reasons.
Personally I get the hire but have a hard time seeing it work which worries me for my guy Lawrence. Biggest problem I see is the report he’s going to fill out his coaching staff from the college ranks with little to no pro coaches brought in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Just think, this could have been us. I recall St Louis Rams fans hoping Khan would be allowed to purchase the Rams because he wanted to keep the team in St Louis.
I don’t know just how close he may have come to that purchase but just the thought makes me ill.

Please please let this be the case. I read here that Holmes was saying Staley was his guy. Was that just speculation?