OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not a nothing-back situation.

Should the Rams lose Johnson, Everett and Reynolds via free agency in 2021, they would get back three compensatory draft choices in 2022.

I think the Rams value those picks; and in the case of those three young veterans, my guess is the return would be three fourth round draft choices at a minimum. Would expect at least one third rounder.

Not many good young veterans hit free agency; and those that do get over-paid. The comp picks are based on the contract size.

I meant to add that I am aware of the compensatory picks but what kind of contract will Everett or Reynolds get and what types of picks would we get?
I can't see them getting huge contracts for us to get a 3rd or 4th especially in this financial climate but who knows. And JJ I said we need to keep especially now he probably would get a 4th or maybe squeeze a 3rd (doubt it again climate).

So I ask would we be better trading for help now and possibly signed beyond for Reynolds or hope we get a high compensatory pick? That's my conundrum.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant see the Rams getting back any significant comp picks for Everett, Reynolds and Johnson

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It was said in jest, even the Jets arent that stupid.
But Quinnen is a beast, as bad as the Jets are, he stuffs up the middle. I dont pass judgement on these incredibly talented guys who are playing for organizations that are so inept they have no chance of winning

That's fair; Ramsey and Fowler are examples of that. But still, he's not exactly on a terrible front seven; Anderson and Fatukasi are pretty good players on the line, and Avery Williamson is solid.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Uh...dang? Are you on your phone or something that doesn't allow you to edit?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I can't see them getting huge contracts for us to get a 3rd or 4th especially in this financial climate but who knows.
That’s where we differ here. Barring injuries, I think Johnson, Reynolds and Everett will all do very well if they hit free agency.

Even with the reduced cap, teams will pay up to the cap; and young free agents, hitting their prime, will get over-paid.

There are teams that have been so bad at drafting and developing, that they have significant cap space.

An example would be the Jets here in NYC. The above three Rams would immediately be the best players at their position on the Jets. Heck, that would also be the case with Ebukam.

So, should all four hit free agency, I expect their contracts to translate to as much as two #3s and two #4s. Now that could be off-set should the Rams sign a free agent.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I will so prepare but I don’t consider any of the top three less impactful free agents than LaMarcus Joyner.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That’s where we differ here. Barring injuries, I think Johnson, Reynolds and Everett will all do very well if they hit free agency.

Even with the reduced cap, teams will pay up to the cap; and young free agents, hitting their prime, will get over-paid.

There are teams that have been so bad at drafting and developing, that they have significant cap space.

An example would be the Jets here in NYC. The above three Rams would immediately be the best players at their position on the Jets. Heck, that would also be the case with Ebukam.

So, should all four hit free agency, I expect their contracts to translate to as much as two #3s and two #4s. Now that could be off-set should the Rams sign a free agent.

I'm in NY as well long Island to be exact lol, but I agree with some of what you said which is why I'd target the jets or giants just not sure they have right pieces so I'd look to make a free agent for free agent trade.

I don't want to trade JJ I want him here but I know he will bring a comp pick we want 3rd or 4th if we don't resign.
As far as the other two they will definitely be scooped up should we not sign them that's obvious but I'm not sure if the market will bare big contracts this off-season or if they have enough of a resume.
Would Darnold or let's face it might be Lawrence at this point like to come in and have an Everett and a Reynolds yes even Jones probably would love a Reynolds. I guess time will tell the jets will have a lot of cap space so I'm hoping your right.

Now let me ask you this though would you take that pick over a linebacker who is good right now and can be for us next year as well or still rather roll the dice?

I'd want the picks too but if I could turn Reynolds into immediate help why not?

Lastly what if it's what I mentioned above. A last year Reynolds for a last year young linebacker? We would still get comp should we not resign said linebacker so no harm no foul and immediate help. So there are ways around it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not advocating for either of them but shows Avery Williamson is a free agent as is Ruben Foster. Mentioned them because those two teams Jets and Washington are wide receiver/tight end deprived teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I cant see the Rams getting back any significant comp picks for Everett, Reynolds and Johnson
Johnson I think is a guy teams will be after but yeah the safety position is somewhat affordable so that might factor in. Maybe a 4th rounder for him. I do agree he's unlikely to get us a 3rd.

Everett disappears too much, he'll get snapped up quick will probably a bargain for someone. And JRey is just a guy.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
TRading him for a pick in no way can help this team win this year. They are still in it. The only reason to trade him is if he's disgruntled from seeing other players re-signed and he's not, he's vocally unhappy with the defensive coordinator, or they acquire a player at a bigger need position, which would likely be Dline or more so Linebacker.

He may just be pissed because his contract talks have not gone well.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm not advocating trading him for a pick. The 4th rd comp pick I referred to was what we might get for him if he goes elsewhere next year.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Except it's not a win. Williamson is a FA after the season, and we're unlikely to have the cap to resign him. That 4th gives us a cost-controlled player for up to four years.

I didn't realise he was a FA. Thought he had another year

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm in NY as well long Island to be exact lol, but I agree with some of what you said which is why I'd target the jets or giants just not sure they have right pieces so I'd look to make a free agent for free agent trade.

I don't want to trade JJ I want him here but I know he will bring a comp pick we want 3rd or 4th if we don't resign.
As far as the other two they will definitely be scooped up should we not sign them that's obvious but I'm not sure if the market will bare big contracts this off-season or if they have enough of a resume.
Would Darnold or let's face it might be Lawrence at this point like to come in and have an Everett and a Reynolds yes even Jones probably would love a Reynolds. I guess time will tell the jets will have a lot of cap space so I'm hoping your right.

Now let me ask you this though would you take that pick over a linebacker who is good right now and can be for us next year as well or still rather roll the dice?

I'd want the picks too but if I could turn Reynolds into immediate help why not?

Lastly what if it's what I mentioned above. A last year Reynolds for a last year young linebacker? We would still get comp should we not resign said linebacker so no harm no foul and immediate help. So there are ways around it.
I would not do a Reynolds for Williamson trade. Not sure who are the other pending free agent LBs.