OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams were trying to up Everett's trade value for a mid season trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
lol, Vikings front office basically swapped a second round pick for a third to have Ngakoue for six games and cost them salary cap?

View: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1319290784475086853?s=21

Don't you remember a few years ago what the Vikings fans were calling their GM Spielman?

They called him Spiel god because he was making all of the right moves. I guess he's back to being a man now that he has to try and do it with a big QB contract on the books. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams were trying to up Everett's trade value for a mid season trade.

They are still in the hunt. I don't see how trading Everrett would be an upgrade. The biggest need seems to be linebacker. So if they are trading him for a good linebacker then maybe. But they'd likely have to throw in picks to get it done

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Even though there isn’t cap space for him, and I don’t know what the Rams would trade for him, I would love to have Eric Kendricks on this team. One can dream.

Psycho_X

Legend
That’s the kind of shit that gets you fired. Didn’t they also extend him and pay him a bunch of money?

I thought they had too but looked at spotrac and looks like they never did. He was on a one year $12million deal. So I guess this does save them cap space that they can push into next season. So not AS bad as when I thought they gave him an extension. But still... swapped a second for a third. I guess they really didn't like him and pulled the ripcord.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Avery Williamson isn't worth a 4th round pick. I'm not a person who thinks JJ is special, but he's still better than Williamson, and the Jets have no reason to make the trade.

How good of a linebacker can you get with a 4th round pick? There aren't many sideline to sideline types left by round four. So you get a guy like Williamson who is better than what the Rams have now and its a win.

To me its all about how desperate a team is. If Staley thinks Williamson can improve the defense, then I'd do it. This late in the year I'd wonder how fast he could pick up the defense. But I do think playing on a winning team would rejuvenate him closer to his old Titans form. The culture McVay has in LA has to be better than the Gase lead Jets.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not for nothing but jets need weapons Everett yes but I wouldn't be surprised to see Josh Reynolds go the jets way. Not sure I'd do it for Avery Williamson but is there a better linebacker out there that could be had for a Reynolds? We need an inside linebacker but do we need 4-5 receivers. It will soon be the halfway point so do they feel Jefferson is ready? Also is it better to get something for Reynolds than nothing if we have no intention of signing him or he has no intention of signing? Same for Everett. We need JJ and I feel even with Higs we need Everett. So Reynolds might be a luxury that can be used to improve elsewhere.

Also anyone here with any interest in Spain(not sure I got spelling RT)?
and/or information as to why he was released after a large payday.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Also is it better to get something for Reynolds than nothing if we have no intention of signing him or he has no intention of signing?

Not a nothing-back situation.

Should the Rams lose Johnson, Everett and Reynolds via free agency in 2021, they would get back three compensatory draft choices in 2022.

I think the Rams value those picks; and in the case of those three young veterans, my guess is the return would be three fourth round draft choices at a minimum. Would expect at least one third rounder.

Not many good young veterans hit free agency; and those that do get over-paid. The comp picks are based on the contract size.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How good of a linebacker can you get with a 4th round pick? There aren't many sideline to sideline types left by round four. So you get a guy like Williamson who is better than what the Rams have now and its a win.

Except it's not a win. Williamson is a FA after the season, and we're unlikely to have the cap to resign him. That 4th gives us a cost-controlled player for up to four years.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
They are still in the hunt. I don't see how trading Everrett would be an upgrade. The biggest need seems to be linebacker. So if they are trading him for a good linebacker then maybe. But they'd likely have to throw in picks to get it done
We'd have Higbee yet, who's better. And drafted Hopkins last year who's loaded with talent and is the future next to Higs. GE maybe the best trade bait we have

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Except it's not a win. Williamson is a FA after the season, and we're unlikely to have the cap to resign him. That 4th gives us a cost-controlled player for up to four years.

It depends on how close they think they are. If Williamson puts them over the top then its worth the sacrifice.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
tenor.gif

OMG, I fucking loved that movie.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get Darnold some weapons to see what he can do. Send em Reynolds or Everett & 3rd rounder for Quinnen Williams
Hey its the Jets, you never know

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Get Darnold some weapons to see what he can do. Send em Reynolds or Everett & 3rd rounder for Quinnen Williams
Hey its the Jets, you never know

No thanks. Williams is a major headcase and hasn't proven anything. Even so, the Jets won't trade him for a soon-to-be URFA in Everett or Reynolds. I also think that Darnold's a goner after this year; the Jets are set to have the number one overall pick, and they're going to take Lawrence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks. Williams is a major headcase and hasn't proven anything. Even so, the Jets won't trade him for a soon-to-be URFA in Everett or Reynolds. I also think that Darnold's a goner after this year; the Jets are set to have the number one overall pick, and they're going to take Lawrence.
It was said in jest, even the Jets arent that stupid.
But Quinnen is a beast, as bad as the Jets are, he stuffs up the middle. I dont pass judgement on these incredibly talented guys who are playing for organizations that are so inept they have no chance of winning