OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Or maybe it's that he just doesn't want to follow the Rams on Instagram. He still follows on Twitter
Screenshot_20201021-200337_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-200337_Twitter.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
John Johnson iii has unfollowed the Rams on Instagram and posted that to his story.

Posted what to his story? That he unfollowed someone? Mmk. Well, this wouldn't be surprising if we can get something good for him since it was unlikely he'd be resigned in offseason. It makes safety awfully precarious for the the next couple games though with Fuller out and Rapp not exactly clicking in coverage. Burgess step up and play? If we can get a good linebacker for him it'd be good in the long run at least. Idk, will wait and see.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Posted what to his story? That he unfollowed someone? Mmk. Well, this wouldn't be surprising if we can get something good for him since it was unlikely he'd be resigned in offseason. It makes safety awfully precarious for the the next couple games though with Fuller out and Rapp not exactly clicking in coverage. Burgess step up and play? If we can get a good linebacker for him it'd be good in the long run at least. Idk, will wait and see.
Hopefully it's for a decent kicker

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Anyone think the Jets will clean house and put Avery Williamson up for trade? Johnson for Williamson I could live with. Not sure how we would go cap wise though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Anyone think the Jets will clean house and put Avery Williamson up for trade? Johnson for Williamson I could live with. Not sure how we would go cap wise though.

No thank you. If I'm trading JJ3, I want a younger linebacker than Williamson or a high draft pick.

dang

Legend
Sorry. I don’t see trading a Captain. Not sure how well he is playing but we need his leadership.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We would have to get more than that for Johnson. Jets have no reason to make a trade. They're going nowhere this year.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
No thank you. If I'm trading JJ3, I want a younger linebacker than Williamson or a high draft pick.
So would I but the reality is that he is out of contract next year. We may pick up a compensatory 4th for him if we are lucky. safeties don't tend to get huge contracts, not ones of JJ's ilk anyway. Just depends what is out there I suppose.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
We would have to get more than that for Johnson. Jets have no reason to make a trade. They're going nowhere this year.
I like JJ but I sometimes think we over rate our own guys. He hasn't played the house down this year. The Jets have just moved 2 guys hence my comment that they may be cleaning house. If we only got a 4th rd comp pick for JJ next year, I'd say Avery would be worth that.

Will it happen, I seriously doubt it but we need to do something at MLB. Maybe getting Ashawn back will help out there

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
JJ has been playing well this year. I'd hate to see him traded away. I'd rather they sign him to a new contract. Rapp looks like he regressed. Burgess is still an unknown, Fuller has been good but injured. So unless the Rams are filling a huge need which would be ilb, it makes no sense to trade away one of their top 5/6 defenders, especially if they are trying to contend.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

JJ is in a contract year. How much do they get for him really?

And, if you are trading him for a draft pick then that doesn't help the team this year. It only hurts the chances to compete now. I doubt that they throwing in the towel yet.

So would I but the reality is that he is out of contract next year. We may pick up a compensatory 4th for him if we are lucky. safeties don't tend to get huge contracts, not ones of JJ's ilk anyway. Just depends what is out there I suppose.

TRading him for a pick in no way can help this team win this year. They are still in it. The only reason to trade him is if he's disgruntled from seeing other players re-signed and he's not, he's vocally unhappy with the defensive coordinator, or they acquire a player at a bigger need position, which would likely be Dline or more so Linebacker.

He may just be pissed because his contract talks have not gone well.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t Everett do something similar to Johnson on social media and everyone got their knickers in a twist over that. He’s still here isn’t he?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like JJ but I sometimes think we over rate our own guys. He hasn't played the house down this year. The Jets have just moved 2 guys hence my comment that they may be cleaning house. If we only got a 4th rd comp pick for JJ next year, I'd say Avery would be worth that.

Will it happen, I seriously doubt it but we need to do something at MLB. Maybe getting Ashawn back will help out there

Avery Williamson isn't worth a 4th round pick. I'm not a person who thinks JJ is special, but he's still better than Williamson, and the Jets have no reason to make the trade.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is BAD
Real BAD
If we learned anything from Everett and Ramsey, once they stop following the Rams, they're as good as gone!
Oh, wait a minute....

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Yep. A solid young LB = to JJ3. I don't want to trade JJ3 at all but he may be the best trade bait we have.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
If the Rams had a losing record, were out of it,I could see a trade.

But they're not. So imho No Way JJ is traded.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Vikings and Ravens finalizing a trade to send DE Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Per Adam Schefter.

My god Ravens, the rich get richer.