OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
You trade him because you will not be able to keep him. So you flip him to get something in return that will hopefullyy help this team over the next 3 or 4 yrs vs one year.

That is the game GM's have to play with the cap issues, especially a team with the Rams situation.

Its about maximizing resources.

It's classic Bellichik thinking and like it or not , McVay likes him some Bellichik, so this would not be a large surprise me if Everett is traded.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We may have some interest...
Not so sure. He wasn't cut/released he's a free agent counting against the comp pick formula. Plus his reported $10 million a year asking price.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Not so sure. He wasn't cut/released he's a free agent counting against the comp pick formula. Plus his reported $10 million a year asking price.
Not saying I disagree with you @OldSchool but also not saying that's how we ended up with Matthews and Weddle. At some point you get what you pay for.

If coaches strongly believe Scho had made Cleveland's run defense what it was, his $10M projected salary versus Littleton's forecasted $15M salary will be an easy call.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think people who really think that Everett will be traded for anything close to a 2and round pick will be greatly disappointed.

What has he really did to justify giving up 4 years of control of a top 60 player.

If he is traded the most we get is a 4th

Then, I keep him.

At the very least he splits time with Higbee. A starter if Higbee misses any time, in this offense, feels more valuable than that 4th.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Then, I keep him.

At the very least he splits time with Higbee. A starter if Higbee misses any time, in this offense, feels more valuable than that 4th.

What type of split were you thinking?

With TH coming on he's gotta see lots more snaps IMO. Without looking I bet he saw a lot more targets later in the year than earlier.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Could see Everett being move, but not for a draft pick for another player. Would not be much of a cap savings for the Rams to move him otherwise, and at best get a 5th rounder for a player on the last year of his contract. Reed would be a good replacement this year, but then would have to at TE to the draft list.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pack doing a Rams and not trying to retain a key OL vet? Smart move on the TE though.

View: https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1233426988318281728

OL Bryan Bulaga's years of NFL play has caught up with him. He simply can not stay healthy enough to remain on the field. He is far more RT than LT. He may have some value still remaining for a team who needs an experienced veteran as a 6th OL'er who can temporarily back up both OT post & OG posts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OL Bryan Bulaga's years of NFL play has caught up with him. He simply can not stay healthy enough to remain on the field. He is far more RT than LT. He may have some value still remaining for a team who needs an experienced veteran as a 6th OL'er who can temporarily back up both OT post & OG posts.
Oh I get it he's had injury issues. But it isn't always easy to replace a vet starter injuries or not. Speaking of injured vets not sure how I'd feel about this as a Bengals fan.

View: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1234177427598970884?s=21

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What type of split were you thinking?

Before Everett got hurt, he seemed to be the favoured target at 3.1 catches/gm versus 1.9 for Higbee those first 11-12 weeks.

Everett seemed to be taking off, averaged 4.6 catches from week 4-10.

Everett is VERY intriguing to me... there have been some catches Everett has made that showed insanely strong hands. Other than holding the ball a little far away from the body for my taste...he is a violent runner too. I really like Everett.

Could see Everett being move, but not for a draft pick for another player.

Yeah... If he is moved, it would seem for someone who can contribute now... Like the type of player Everett is.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah... If he is moved, it would seem for someone who can contribute now... Like the type of player Everett is.

But at a position the Rams feel is a greater need. Yes, having two quality TEs is very nice, but having a quality player where the Rams are lacking even one would also be nice.

Don't know if there's a good match, of course. I would be surprised though if Snead weren't asking around at least, for a player they wanted in a draft but who got picked first, and who is somewhat buried on the other team.