CAMP REPORT 2018 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Well, we don't know Allen is def a Center prospect.

He's played ROG, C and LOG in his 38 games. And you KNOW Kromer loves versatility.

Agreed Mac, and that versatility is very important. But he can still be the back up center/guard.

Valid points.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Hopefully they'll develop into starters down the road, but at these later rounds--sometimes you need OL guys just good enough to step in for a few plays, a couple weeks, a couple months, etc. who are good enough to keep Goff from getting killed and just keep the wheels from coming off your season. I like the focus.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's also a function that they didn't want to lose him.

The Center class is very shallow.

There's a pretty big drop off after Allen. This was the right move. I dunno that there's any defender (other than Shaq Griffin, dangit!!!) that the Rams can't live without.

Disagree.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Brian Allen Center 6-1 300 lbs

CAREER NOTES:
Four-year letterwinner played in 51 career games, including 38 starts (17 at center, 16 at left guard, five at right guard) . . . was voted a 2017 team captain . . . earned second-team All-Big Ten accolades three straight years (2015-17) . . . extremely durable lineman finished his career starting in 28 consecutive games, including all 13 games at center in 2017 . . . three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree . . . versatile lineman played both guard spots and center throughout his career . . .

Can't be overemphasized... they're focused on durability and talent. They're not shooting for the moon for All-Pros.

They saw that last year, with a decent OL that's healthy all season, you're at a tremendous advantage the last half of the season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that, but Kromer/McSnead have a pretty good track record for determining talent.
What no one has said, is that Kromer/Snead had ALL NIGHT to think about this pick, including different scenarios that would happen before pick 111. They wanted this guy over any of the other guys available, and I trust that more...

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I like Ebukam and longacre but longacre won't be healthy until maybe mid season. Not sold on Littleton. I keep forgetting about ramik. I feel we need at least one starter at LB today
Hey Wolfdog, what's wrong with Longacre?

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Rams selected Michigan State C Brian Allen with the No. 111 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Allen (6’1/300) made 38 starts for the Spartans – 16 at left guard, 17 at center, and five at right guard – and earned second-team All-Big Ten in each of his final three seasons. A lowly sixth-percentile athlete, Allen’s calling cards are tenacity, work ethic, and effort, all traits his older brother Jack possessed coming out of Michigan State, but haven’t earned Jack NFL playing time through two seasons. An overachiever, Brian is at a skill-based competitive disadvantage he’ll have to overcome on sheer will.
To me, that narrative reads like a sixth round pick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I am fine with bolstering the Oline. I am just not a big fan of Allen. I don’t get what they see in him.
we-are-mack-1400x600.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Appears that Kromer can not suffer dummies & fools these two selected OL'ers have SMART stamped all over them!

Same can be said about Blythe, Neary & Eldrenkamp all smaller quick smart technically skilled OL'ers who need to get stronger.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be.

Allen makes the 53 man roster. Does he get activated on game day?
Hard to tell 4+ months before the games start. We have 3 or 4 guys on the roster who can play center and guard. They're all going to be working their butts off to get better and win the spot.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
We're back on the next up scroll!!

Lord, please let us get a LB

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Another guy with lots of games played 51, starts 38, and versitle, C, LG, RG. Tough and smart.

Anyone still question if McSnead are thinking of the future? It all starts up front. Gotta keep Goff clean.