CAMP REPORT 2018 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Sullivan's successor has been chosen! Anything to keep the O line stocked up with quality depth is a good move. Once again if Kromer likes the guy, I'm in. Mayock said he was small, but really smart and could make all the calls at the line. Also said he had short, but heavy hands. Give him a year to learn behind a great pro like Sullivan and he should be ready to compete for the job in 2019. Love this draft so far! Not sexy, but necessary.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bright side is there are still a dozen defenders I'd like to see in horns.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Its not the OL pick I think most are disappointed with, its where we took him with better players on the board. Kromer must really like this guy too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Again, not a fan. He was rated as a seventh round pick/UDFA by NFL.com.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like both of these players, but I think they both would have been there later.

Feels like they are getting cute, trying to be "the smartest guy in the room".

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He's falling because teams don't want to believe what they've seen.

There are plenty of guys from small schools or that don't fit the prototype who fall...and ball out.

Think about it. Cooper Kupp balled out against guys who were drafted... and yet?

He fell to the 3rd even as he proved he was a 1st round talent...
If Cooper Kupp ran a 4.4 he would have been a first rounder. People are getting too caught up in 40 times. The dude needs to put on weight. Phillips might not think he's a fit in the defense. I'll take Holland over Griffin.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Here is the way I see this pick. Sully is a little long in the tooth. He will retire soon. Elderkamp is very good and the heir apparent to the starting OC position. This makes Allen the new back up center in training.

It's a plan, a progression.

Not pretty, not flashy, not what we all expected but solid and purposeful.

Rainram

Starter
I think it’s a combination of the following:

1. The realize how lucky we were staying healthy up front all year last season. We were the only NFL team that started its whole line all year.

2. Our depth is not good on the OLine.

3. LBer is not as important as the DLine and Secondary in Wade’s system.

4. They have more faith in our current backers...in the role they will play...than we all might think.

5. They recognize there is still plenty of LBer depth in the draft.

I’m good with the back-to-back OLine move...not 100% sold on Allen though. A couple others I’d have taken....but Kromer knows way more than me...haha

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Eldrenkamp > Allen

I dunno that I believe that.

Allen is a truck...and Snead learned from the GRob/Quick picks that he wants production in college. ESPECIALLY on the OL.

We win in the trenches and Snead and McVay are committed to keeping Goff clean and making big holes for Gurley.

I'm loving this draft. I briefly go through the patterns and... this is why they get paid the big bucks. These guys look to be EXCELLENT fits going forward. They are very solid players at positions we need to produce relatively quickly.

Oh, and we have plenty of picks left for defense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Okay.

What did we have going for us last year? Continuity on the OL.

These guys have a plan to compete this year AND years down the road.

Noteboom's got wicked good feet. You guys are gonna LOVE him.

And Brian Allen is the kind of center that's gonna play for a really long time and just be...solid.

We're building the kind of OL that will really let us focus on the future.

And...we're going to need a good and cheap OL going forward because we're gonna want to probably pay Saffold one more time and I dunno of Havenstein is in the budget with all the skill players coming up.

OL is never sexy, but OL is like good plumbing...you don't notice it when it's working, but you sure as hell notice it when it's not...
What I really like is the continued commitment to the position.
We Rams fans, were crying the blues for years due to poor play with this unit.
I think the toughest part about our 1st 2 picks, is that they may not even see the field this year.
The odd part is that we're better off healthwise if they dont.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is the way I see this pick. Sully is a little long in the tooth. He will retire soon. Elderkamp is very good and the heir apparent to the starting OC position. This makes Allen the new back up center in training.

I'd bet Eldrenkamp and Blythe are the backup Guards, Neary played center week 17 so Allen IMO will move into that spot.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I think we as fans saw the Rams trade Quinn and Ogletree and assumed this meant we have holes at those positions. We have Ebukam, Littleton, Longacre and we acquired Ramik Wilson so we have talent on the roster now that is comparable to a draft pick in the fourth round.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think whit and Sullivan can play for at least 2 yeare. We need a starting LB now. Maybe its about the money

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Its not the OL pick I think most are disappointed with, its where we took him with better players on the board. Kromer must really like this guy too.

It's also a function that they didn't want to lose him.

The Center class is very shallow.

There's a pretty big drop off after Allen. This was the right move. I dunno that there's any defender (other than Shaq Griffin, dangit!!!) that the Rams can't live without.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think we as fans saw the Rams trade Quinn and Ogletree and assumed this meant we have holes at those positions. We have Ebukam, Littleton, Longacre and we acquired Ramik Wilson so we have talent on the roster now that is comparable to a draft pick in the fourth round.

I like Ebukam and longacre but longacre won't be healthy until maybe mid season. Not sold on Littleton. I keep forgetting about ramik. I feel we need at least one starter at LB today

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Well, we don't know Allen is def a Center prospect.

He's played ROG, C and LOG in his 38 games. And you KNOW Kromer loves versatility.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brian Allen Center 6-1 300 lbs

CAREER NOTES:
Four-year letterwinner played in 51 career games, including 38 starts (17 at center, 16 at left guard, five at right guard) . . . was voted a 2017 team captain . . . earned second-team All-Big Ten accolades three straight years (2015-17) . . . extremely durable lineman finished his career starting in 28 consecutive games, including all 13 games at center in 2017 . . . three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree . . . versatile lineman played both guard spots and center throughout his career . . .