2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
It's done man. Time to deal with it. Carrying bitterness is not good for the soul. Superbowl 36 the prime example.

Bitterness? hardly

Nah, at the end of the day I keep things in perspective: this is a game and a hobby to watch. What a team does or not won't make me upset. I just don't think Goff/Wentz is much better than what Lynch + a crap ton of picks would have been. Well, I think it is far worse for the team to be more succinct.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Dancing Ape.gif

Fist Bump.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's Carson Wentz and he's indicating in this photo, he will lead the Rams to five Super Bowl Victories!
hi-res-54730f43a27bd01f58919ff3177c01f2_crop_north.jpg

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Who is he throwing to? Glad Mannion wasn't a total waste..... I don't get it. I hope it works out for us obviously but right now I'm not happy about this.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple things to add to the discussion. One we can trade Foles for any kind of pick we can and add a pick back in even if it's a conditional next year to the Bronco's based on snaps played ala Bradford trade. This frees up some rookie cap space about $2 million to sign another free agent to fill a "hole". And we picked up an extra 4th this year which we can trade down for a 5th and 6th to add in a couple more picks. I love this move I can only do the happy dance so much!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
16 out 21 of these #1 drafted QB's were ALL Pro. So, If the past predicts the future, then the odds of the Ram's drafting a future ALL Pro QB are 76%! So many Superbowl appearances.
And one was Sam Bradford.....whaah whaahhhhhh.

X1zo6.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Who is he throwing to? Glad Mannion wasn't a total waste..... I don't get it. I hope it works out for us obviously but right now I'm not happy about this.

It's fantastic !!!
Our QB position is frickin' solved!!!

WENTZ
MANNION
KEENUM

fancents86

Starter
It would be seriously epic to trade an entire draft and and half for a QB that doesn't start over Case Keenum. I think the new guy starts. But we should expect a Fisher press conference announcing "Case Keenum is our starting QB" regardless.
By seriously epic, do you mean a seriously epic fail?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Gave up waaaaay too much. Both 2nd's?? I could see one, but both? Titans get 2 #1 picks, 2 #2 picks and 2 #3 picks.

Psycho_X

Legend
Jesus, one trade to win it all.... or to lose your job. Snisher has put the ink to their future one way or another.

Personally I think it was too much for this crop of QBs BUT if I'm wrong whoever they pick ends up being remotely good it'll be 100% worth it. Time to start praying to the football gods. It'll be rough having one pick and then nothing till the 4th round. Means they need to find a starting safety, third DT, a pass catching TE, another RB (thanks Tre f***ing Mason), another LB, and probably another CB with what's left in free agency or one of their other 3 draft picks post 4th round starting. That's a tall order especially with our limited cap room at the moment.