2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow...knew it would take a lot, but I feel they gave up way too much. I would of preferred to move up for Lynch, keep a least a second and get a WR. We could have also went for a QB with next year's first as well...unless you think Wentz takes us to the playoffs THIS year, they overpayed.
Too Late to worry about that now!;)

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I don't like the trade at all. Too many draft picks to give up. What about next year when the Rams own free agents like Brocker, Austin, et al are leaving for greener pastures and more money? Where are the future picks the Rams going to replenish their roster from?

This trade is a bold and risky: high risk, high reward. It can be paid dirt if it works out. Otherwise, whichever QB they pick gets knocked out during the first game and out for the rest of the season a la Sam Bradford, those Hard Knock videos are going to be a lot of pain to watch.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
OK, here is the plan. We trade back to 2 picking up some more picks and grabbing QB with number 2. Now we can get a WR.

WvuIN02

Starter
And yet the Redskins got their QB in that draft...and last I looked they beat the Rams and made the playoffs last year.
If you're using the Redskins as an example in what was one of the worst divisions in memory.....well......let's just say......the Rams are not as fortunate to be playing in the awful NFC East. Seattle OR Arizona are better than any of those teams.

And Rg3 didnt even play, if they had all those picks back maybe they last longer than being bounced out of the early rounds.

Ram Man

Rookie
Some Rams fans regret this trade now. All Rams fans will come to regret this trade eventually.

Mark my words.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
still buzzing off this move made my day

lets not forget we will most likely after we make the pick have 4 QBs in the roster Pick/foles/Manion/keenum

there was talk Denver wanted Keenum .. hence the first round tender ..now wahts to say that Snish isn't on the phone to Elway now saying still want Case for a 2nd ? how about foles for a 3rd ?

still a long way to go to the opening game boys

Ramatik

Starter
I on some level agree with you but at the same time its a little short sighted. What if the QB. we select becomes the next Cam Newton or Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Aikman, etc then IMO the deal is a steal for us.

I think its also worth noting in the 4 years since the RGIII trade they have won 2 divisions and have 2 playoff berths and even went through a coaching change in year 2 and they are supposed to be disfunctional.

Ya, they didnt get what they wanted with Griffen but they also were able to overcome it.

Yeah, but the Redskins suck. They didn't win. They gave away the future. The team is in shambles. Think where that team could be if they would have kept all those picks? That was a stupid move by Washington and it's going to take a while before they can be a consistent winner again.

It'd be great to get a Manning or Newton. But what if we get a RG3 or a Bradford? We gave up a whole bunch. I'm hoping they saw something in one of these guys that got them excited.

Really excited.

Because we just went all in and we bet the house.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lolololol so many crying we gave up our future. When in fact the Rams for the first time have a future! Great day to be a Rams fan, take your Debbie downer and chew on that!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
They might as well come out and tell us what the pick is gonna be.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If you're using the Redskins as an example in what was one of the worst divisions in memory.....well......let's just say......the Rams are not as fortunate to be playing in the awful NFC East. Seattle OR Arizona are better than any of those teams.

And Rg3 didnt even play, if they had all those picks back maybe they last longer than being bounced out of the early rounds.
Again, they beat the Rams last year, so. Oh, and when I mentioned that they got their QB in that draft, I was referring to Cousins in the 4th.

I get it. You hate the trade. No sense in making yourself so miserable on here about it. Hope for the best. If our new QB turns out to be a top 10 QB in this league are you OK with it?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like the trade at all. Too many draft picks to give up. What about next year when the Rams own free agents like Brocker, Austin, et al are leaving for greener pastures and more money? Where are the future picks the Rams going to replenish their roster from?

They can use the money they would have had to pay for a fa qb to sign them.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not like it. We gave up too much. Wentz or Goff are not worth all those picks, guys. They just aren't.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But but but I thought I was told Case would be our starter??!

WvuIN02

Starter
The insider stuff on Goff being the pick makes sense.

Why trade for the 1st overall pick to a team who for sure isn't going QB? When you could trade less to the Browns and still get the same guy. Its likely the Rams found out that Goff was going to be the Browns guy and tried those channels first, then realized they had to leapfrog them to get their guy.

I suppose they could have been afraid another team would try to deal with the Titans and just went all-in, but Wentz still seems like a huge risk compared to Goff.