2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Did I miss something? Is there a McNair in this draft? I didn't think so before, but I sure hope there is now. This must be Boras and Groh's guy. Where are the Rams going to get their TE, safety, lb depth from now. Not really a fan of this move right now. I hope my view changes. I guess this means Keenum is not the starter..............

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I hope he can turn our franchise around, cause if we suck we won't be able to push our hope out for 2 seasons. Thats a lot of picks.

Perhaps they realized after hearing about mason that they don't really find success with those 2nd and 3rd round picks lol.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind next year we'll likely recoup the 3rd round pick with a comp for Jenkins and end up with a 4th for McLeod!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Apparently Fisher didn't want to announce the trade yesterday when it finished because it said it was Kobe day. Explains why it was announced so early today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently Fisher didn't want to announce the trade yesterday when it finished because it said it was Kobe day. Explains why it was announced so early today.
Fisher knows how to play the game in LA for sure.

BadCompany

Rookie
This has to signal an opening up of the offense...They could have paid me a bag of chips and a six pack to hand off to Gurley...Little short on receivers, but a franchise guy should make the others around him better...

Maybe not right away... having a top-notch running game gives you the luxury of breaking in a QB slowly. He doesn't have to throw on every down, or be relied on to move the chains himself. The Rams can go power-run for the first 5-6 games, with a "we honestly thought Keenum would be running this offense" playbook, giving the New Guy time to get comfortable in the NFL. He doesn't have to be a franchise guy right away, in other words.

Of course I won't complain if he is, mind you.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No more time for what ifs anymore.

It's done now and we have to hope the Rams pick the right guy. Unlike many in here i like the rams wrs and think they just need a qb who can get them the ball on time.

Will go to bed now with some nervous excitement.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Over a month ago I predicted Snead would move up to draft a QB. Yet, I didn't think Sneed would move up to #1. So, for about 5 minutes, I experienced massive sticker shock!

For those of you who are upset that we sold the FARM for "THE ARM" , think upon this...

Since Terry Bradshaw was drafted #1 in 1970, 21 QB's have been drafted with the first pick of the draft. Let's take a quick peek at those 21 QB's.

16 out 21 of these #1 drafted QB's were ALL Pro. So, If the past predicts the future, then the odds of the Ram's drafting a future ALL Pro QB are 76%! So many Superbowl appearances.

16 Superbowl Championships!

The odds of a pedestrian QB taking a team to the Superbowl are extremely low.

No matter what, the most expensive position 'QB" will be CHEAP for 5 years, thus allowing the Rams to substitute free agency signings for our missed drafted picks. I'm not a big fan of free agency, but I got a feeling we will sign a major wide receiver within a year or two.

The majority of our young roster is on the fringe of their prime years, and now we will have a franchise QB to Our Rams into the playoffs and beyond.

The Rams offense is bound to improve which will allow our kick ass Defense breathing room to be Colossally Epic. I predict 10-20 more sacks in 2016.

Last edited:

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
Wow...knew it would take a lot, but I feel they gave up way too much. I would of preferred to move up for Lynch, keep a least a second and get a WR. We could have also went for a QB with next year's first as well...unless you think Wentz takes us to the playoffs THIS year, they overpayed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither of those players required the franchise to mortgage their future.

Apples meet oranges

It's done man. Time to deal with it. Carrying bitterness is not good for the soul. Superbowl 36 the prime example.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So two firsts, two seconds and two thirds was the cost. I think the Rams better call up Anquon Bolden for a visit. They may need him to catch passes since Treadwell and Doctson and Boyd are all off the table.

Who can the Rams draft with the #1 overall, two 4th rounders, and two 6th rounders?

I think this means that this year is not a push to the SuperBowl year. They will have some more team building to do before that happens. As Rappaport said, this is a move for the future.

The were working out QBs in clandestine fashion. They went to NDSU to work out Wentz. Nobody was to talk about it.
I have renewed faith in Fisher and Snead.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ams-trade-up-to-acquire-no-1-pick-from-titans

tahoe

Pro Bowler
If you want to be a winner. You got to have a winner leading you. Wentz is that said winner.
Wentz has done nothing but win championships in his football career! He is a leader and a winner. He will turn this franchise around.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
image.jpeg