2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I foresee a trade in the draft packaging Foles and a fourth to get back into the third round. Get some offensive help. Boldin is almost a must now too.

WvuIN02

Starter
Gave up waaaaay too much. Both 2nd's?? I could see one, but both? Titans get 2 #1 picks, 2 #2 picks and 2 #3 picks.
Yep.

Both 2nds was incredibly stupid imo.

Remember when this place was howling laughing at the Redskins for doing the exact same thing?

Ram Man

Rookie
The Rams are fools for making this trade. FOOLS.
They also gave up any chance of winning in 2016.

So angry right now!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yep.

Remember when this place was howling laughing at the Redskins for doing the exact same thing?

Exactly. I thought even with moving up to #1 - if we keep one of those #2's... we can still get a damn good receiver. Now we don't have a pick til the 4th??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep.

And yet the Redskins got their QB in that draft...and last I looked they beat the Rams and made the playoffs last year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Great move. They had to do something to get out of the middle of the pack. Gotta have that QB to win. they do now. Be SB team when they move to new stadium in 19. I was just going to attend 2 games this year, now I think I'm going for 6
Starts game 1.
Gives us fans the 2nd day of the draft off.
No gnashing of teeth on day 1, just laugh at other teams bad picks.
How did this align with the draft trade compensation chart.....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Top defense + Top running game + Uber talented QB? Ask the Patriots and the Seahawks how that formula turned out. Cheer up, boys. Our days of suffering are over!
Glad to keep you as a fan bruh..... like @-X- says... Saved you from the Jags fanbase. LOLOLOLOL

Who is he throwing to?
What?
brian-quick-of-the-st-louis-rams-catches-a-pass-against-the-jaguars-picture-id183457078
tempAP450436027695_10--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
images
Lance+Kendricks+St+Louis+Rams+v+Seattle+Seahawks+k_Y9yNbGLtIl.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep.

Yes but the skins were moving from 6 to 2. The Rams are moving from 15 to 1. They're under pressure to bring some excitement to the team this season and have a winner in 2019. Can't blame them going for it.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Now watch Snead make another huge trade out of #1 giving us all our picks back and a higher first rd spot than 15 :yess:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I feel like we should have learned something from the RG3 trade, yet we made just as big of a trade.

I on some level agree with you but at the same time its a little short sighted. What if the QB. we select becomes the next Cam Newton or Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Aikman, etc then IMO the deal is a steal for us.

I think its also worth noting in the 4 years since the RGIII trade they have won 2 divisions and have 2 playoff berths and even went through a coaching change in year 2 and they are supposed to be disfunctional.

Ya, they didnt get what they wanted with Griffen but they also were able to overcome it.