1st Round | Pick 1, Rams Select: QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't want to be THAT guy.(the Old Larry)
That's twice you've invoked the name Old Larry in this thread.

commentary.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's twice you've invoked the name Old Larry in this thread.

commentary.gif

I'll never forget his bitterness towards Bradford and the Rams. I told myself that I'd stop rooting for the Rams before I became that guy. It's why I took the stance I did prior to the trade.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll never forget his bitterness towards Bradford and the Rams. I told myself that I'd stop rooting for the Rams before I became that guy. It's why I took the stance I did prior to the trade.
I can respect that.
That guy was a complete suck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can respect that.
That guy was a complete suck.

I'm hoping that by bringing him back up, it'll remind any of the people who read this thread and wanted Wentz what not to become. ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Have a little faith, Mack. Boras and Goff could be just what the doctor ordered to get that offense up to middle of the pack. Look at what Jacksonville was able to do with a QB and a change in coordinator. They went from 32nd to 14th in one year just by adding Olsen and seeing Bortles mature a little. All we really need is a guy like Allen Robinson and this whole offense could change dramatically.

On Game Day, I'll have faith. Prior to that, I have intellect and reason and those don't lend themselves to much optimism at this point. History isn't being too kind (rookie QBs don't tend to have winning records) and our strength of schedule is a kick in the nuts (maybe the toughest ever for a starting rookie QB?).

Of course, I hope things get better. And this team more than any other over the last few years both grossly over AND under performed, sometimes in back to back games. The optimist hopes that new additions bring consistent excellence. The realist sees systemic issues that contribute to the inconsistency and new additions may or may not have any effect on the root causes of the inconsistency. Worse, the new addition can diminish any impetus or desire to truly address the systemic problems...

If we go 6-10? It's cuz Goff was a rook, but wait til next year!

I dunno. Come game day, I'll have my victory chips and salsa like always ready to go! Til then, I'd like them to fix the broke stuff...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not really hard distinguishing the fountains from the drains here is it?

How about starting a we're gonna suck forever because we didn't choose Wentz vent thread in an attempt to keep the negativity minimized.

Pretty sure sometime next year this will be over, the Rams are building this right, we all should be excited as hell!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
On Game Day, I'll have faith. Prior to that, I have intellect and reason and those don't lend themselves to much optimism at this point. History isn't being too kind (rookie QBs don't tend to have winning records) and our strength of schedule is a kick in the nuts (maybe the toughest ever for a starting rookie QB?).

Of course, I hope things get better. And this team more than any other over the last few years both grossly over AND under performed, sometimes in back to back games. The optimist hopes that new additions bring consistent excellence. The realist sees systemic issues that contribute to the inconsistency and new additions may or may not have any effect on the root causes of the inconsistency. Worse, the new addition can diminish any impetus or desire to truly address the systemic problems...

If we go 6-10? It's cuz Goff was a rook, but wait til next year!

I dunno. Come game day, I'll have my victory chips and salsa like always ready to go! Til then, I'd like them to fix the broke stuff...
Don't let intellect and reason cloud your optimism. What did they do for you when Trent Green went down? They told you to hang it up, didn't they? Fuck intellect and reason. Trade them in for hope and faith. Roethlisberger went 13-0 as a rookie. Andrew Luck went 11-5. Wilson won 11. Dalton won 9. Matty Ice won 11. Even Geno Smith won 8. Shirley you think Goff is better than Geno. Shirley you think the Rams are better than the 2013 Jets. Don't you, Shirley?

Get with the Program or I'll have ~Lyser send you an after picture of his scrote.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Not really hard distinguishing the fountains from the drains here is it?

How about starting a we're gonna suck forever because we didn't choose Wentz vent thread in an attempt to keep the negativity minimized.

Pretty sure sometime next year this will be over, the Rams are building this right, we all should be excited as hell!!!!

Do you honestly think at least for me this is about Goff or Wentz?

Athos

Legend
Hey Jrry, he looked scared. It is what it is. It probably means nothing, but I'd rather he didn't look scared.

I mean. He could have had Chipotle before the draft and it was a bad batch and was trying not to shit his pants.

I've had that look of pant-shitting fear too from bad food.

I mean damn, I don't even really care much about the Rams anymore but getting so worked up with about arm chair psychoanalysis of a kid's facial expression is the funniest thing ever.

I'm a Goff fan, not really a Ram fan anymore. I should hate the pick either way. But the kid will be good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm thinking a winning season good enough to get them into the playoffs is possible. Rams have suffered with subpar play at QB for so long now that once this kid takes charge their confidence is going to soar. Not sure he has enough weapons in the passing game, but we'll see what it looks like come camp.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Don't let intellect and reason cloud your optimism. What did they do for you when Trent Green went down? They told you to hang it up, didn't they? freak intellect and reason. Trade them in for hope and faith. Roethlisberger went 13-0 as a rookie. Andrew Luck went 11-5. Wilson won 11. Dalton won 9. Matty Ice won 11. Even Geno Smith won 8. Shirley you think Goff is better than Geno. Shirley you think the Rams are better than the 2013 Jets. Don't you, Shirley?

Get with the Program or I'll have ~Lyser send you an after picture of his scrote.

Well, I had a feeling about Warner I don't have about Goff... I dunno what to say about that. The second I saw Warner I was enthused even before I saw a snap. I just had a feeling.

None of the rookies you mentioned had Fisher as a coach. And I've already seen ~Lyser's scrote... :sneaky:

But I take your meaning. I understand what's "possible". I also understand what's probable and more so WHY.

Just because a flower blooms in the desert doesn't make the desert the ideal climate for foliage.

Goff has some things helping him. He's got some things really not.

You know me long enough to know that come game day, I'll still be shouting POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE in the chat channel when guys are getting down and we're behind cuz I always believe on game day that we can win.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, I had a feeling about Warner I don't have about Goff... I dunno what to say about that. The second I saw Warner I was enthused even before I saw a snap. I just had a feeling.

None of the rookies you mentioned had Fisher as a coach. And I've already seen ~Lyser's scrote... :sneaky:

But I take your meaning. I understand what's "possible". I also understand what's probable and more so WHY.

Just because a flower blooms in the desert doesn't make the desert the ideal climate for foliage.

Goff has some things helping him. He's got some things really not.

You know me long enough to know that come game day, I'll still be shouting POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE in the chat channel when guys are getting down and we're behind cuz I always believe on game day that we can win.
That's about all the blood I'm getting from this stone, eh?
Good enough. (y)

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Ohhhhhhh, so now we have to support our QB or leave? Not that I don't, I've been pretty clear, but is that the new rule? I can't keep up you change sides so often.

I didn't know you bought ROD and are making the rules now. I'm going to miss CGI, he's a solid guy.

Hey Jrry, he looked scared. It is what it is. It probably means nothing, but I'd rather he didn't look scared.

Here's what Stan Kroenke had to say about Goff's demeanor and confidence (story in LA Times):

"We didn't make the trade without knowing the guy we wanted; we would never do that," said Kroenke. "You know the guy you want or you don't make the trade."

They want him for his 6-foot-4 frame, for his arm that led to 78 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his final two Cal seasons, for his decision that led to uncanny consistency in the red zone. But the Rams are also thrilled because they think he possesses the intangibles that Kroenke was checking out when he sat next to Goff at their recent interview dinner.

"I made a point of sitting next to Jared, I wanted to get a sense of this kid, in a sense Jared was in the hot seat," Kroenke said. "He was very calm, very collected, very mature, very intelligent, not awed by L.A., frankly, he had a confidence to him, you could tell that."

I have more confidence in this assessment.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Final comment, Mac? Considering your comment above... you really come off as having issues with Goff which I find puzzling (given your what I consider bizarre allegiance to a senior bowl practice warrior)

Have...no, did you actually have an opportunity to watch Goff, real time, over the past couple of years, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no... It's all "film"

That's pretty damn big in my book (cuz if so its all been inane blather)

Now if I'm mistaken lemme know

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That's about all the blood I'm getting from this stone, eh?
Good enough. (y)

Hey, man, I appreciate the lift. I do.

If Fisher had stuck to a rigorous competition with no goal for Goff to start until he was ready, I'd be a lot farther along... And Goff would be better served short and long term.

But his current actions just feel like more of the Foles excitement all over again... and that decision rocked...:(

I'll be there on game day, but this is the same decision making process that got us into this mess... No Bueno.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey, man, I appreciate the lift. I do.

If Fisher had stuck to a rigorous competition with no goal for Goff to start until he was ready, I'd be a lot farther along... And Goff would be better served short and long term.

But his current actions just feel like more of the Foles excitement all over again... and that decision rocked...:(

I'll be there on game day, but this is the same decision making process that got us into this mess... No Bueno.
Do you think Goff has a chance to beat out Mannion and Keenum in camp?
If so, it's a non issue right?