1st Round | Pick 1, Rams Select: QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Final comment, Mac? Considering your comment above... you really come off as having issues with Goff which I find puzzling (given your what I consider bizarre allegiance to a senior bowl practice warrior)

Have...no, did you actually have an opportunity to watch Goff, real time, over the past couple of years, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no... It's all "film"

That's pretty damn big in my book (cuz if so its all been inane blather)

Now if I'm mistaken lemme know

You. Are. Mistaken.

My issue is with the organizational structure, the offense and how they now plan to develop and support Goff.

Apparently, when I type, I like Goff, people don't believe me or the words are redacted. I dunno.

I thought I'd been pretty clear, but I guess not...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
goff01-jpg.13380

"Hmmm, I wonder what I want on my pizza tonight."

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yay finally another vent thread!!! wait? it isn;t you say? Hmm, coulda fooled me....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[GALLERY=media, 135]Oopsy. by DR RAM posted Apr 29, 2016 at 7:36 PM[/GALLERY]

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Do you think Goff has a chance to beat out Mannion and Keenum in camp?
If so, it's a non issue right?

I think in a pure competition, no, I don't think Goff gets the full playbook by the first game. I think Keenum still wins.

Mannion as I've said a bunch of times should be traded because they won't develop him well enough to be a solid backup and Keenum is worth it and that allows disproportionate snaps to go to Goff, a good thing. Keep Foles this year and pick up a late round QB next year...

But give Goff a chance to learn and then play using the full playbook. The rookies who came in and were successful tended to have easier schedules (Andrew Luck's was barely (.400) which is nuts). Ours is likely to be around .540. That's no joke. Our schedule is frankly...just not funny...it's a Game of Thrones wedding...

It's possible he could earn the spot by game one, but the point would be that he should have to earn it...and they're repeating the Foles mistake. He's gonna look GREAT in practice. Foles looked great in practice, so good they extended him before he played in one game.

When the goal is to get the rookie ready for game one...then it's not a question of him winning the job, it's a question of how much of the playbook is open and how comfortable the OC can feel calling certain plays in certain situations. With 3 division games in the first 4 games and 3 road games in the first four... This offense needs the entire playbook and then needs to focus on mistake free execution. It's asking a lot of a rookie to beat 3 division opponents, 2 of which are on the road with a partial playbook.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think in a pure competition, no, I don't think Goff gets the full playbook by the first game. I think Keenum still wins.

I think the Rams recognize that Goff with 75% of the playbook is better than Keenum with 100%. JMO.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think the Rams recognize that Goff with 75% of the playbook is better than Keenum with 100%. JMO.

Well, that is apparently the plan.

They said before that not having a true competition was bad and they weren't going to repeat that mistake again.

Aaaand...they're not going to have a QB competition...

It's like they don't want to remember the lessons they say they learned... /shrug

I'm just a fan. All I can do is root on game day. But I can't check my brain at the door.

And last I checked, not learning from one's mistakes is generally a bad idea and generally leads to poor outcomes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that is apparently the plan.

They said before that not having a true competition was bad and they weren't going to repeat that mistake again.

Aaaand...they're not going to have a QB competition...

It's like they don't want to remember the lessons they say they learned... /shrug

I'm just a fan. All I can do is root on game day. But I can't check my brain at the door.

And last I checked, not learning from one's mistakes is generally a bad idea and generally leads to poor outcomes.

Yea, I didn't read into Fisher's comments that there will be no competition. I read that his goal is for Goff to start come Week 1. Doesn't surprise me. I'd have the same goal in his shoes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Goff bleeds confidence when talking about football. Hes actually pretty cocky about it. Which is where it counts.

He's 21 yrs old and NOT running for President.

I don't care if he isn't good at answering stupid questions, that he's actually been told how to answer, by the Rams organization.
Scripted answers will rarely exude confidence.

The guy knows football.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
They had the competition when they realized none of the current qbs were game changers and decided to trade a boatload of picks to get Goff.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yea, I didn't read into Fisher's comments that there will be no competition. I read that his goal is for Goff to start come Week 1. Doesn't surprise me. I'd have the same goal in his shoes.

Well, that's semantics. If the goal is week one, the only way that doesn't happen is Goff looks terribad. That's not going to happen. Goff's too good for that.

By definition, it's not a competition. A competition has no predetermined winner.

It's fine. Goff's starting week one. They'll make it happen and as you say they'll spin it at first that he's fully in the playbook blah blah blah, and we'll hope for the best with the gauntlet of that booger of an initial schedule we got.

Only cements in my mind how much they need to keep Keenum as a backup past this year.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
They had the competition when they realized none of the current qbs were game changers and decided to trade a boatload of picks to get Goff.

They had the competition when they traded for Foles, too.

That doesn't exactly bolster your argument.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's fine. Goff's starting week one. They'll make it happen and as you say they'll spin it at first that he's fully in the playbook blah blah blah, and we'll hope for the best with the gauntlet of that booger of an initial schedule we got.

Goff will get some great real world experience against playoff teams. Will help us come playoff time. And we'll have a better chance with the most talented QB on the roster.