1st Round | Pick 1, Rams Select: QB Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My god people, chill.

He looked scared and alone, is anyone saying he didn't?! Wentz looked confident and supported, is anyone saying otherwise?!

I didn't like the obvious contrast, and I don't care at all what anyone thinks about it. That doesn't mean I'm trashing the kid or won't support him.

Confident and not scared:

View attachment 13372
View attachment 13373

Scared:

View attachment 13374
View attachment 13375

Yeah man, I can't jump on that train of thought with you.
It's projecting, plain and simple. In order to come to any conclusions like that, I would have to be familiar with those guys while they are under the brightest lights of their lives. I would have to know what else is going on in their lives behind the scenes...

You, I, nor anyone else who doesn't know them personally has enough information to jump to conclusions like that.

Personally, I think Wentz' eyes always look like he's geeked out on crystal meth... but I don't actually entertain those thoughts because they are ridiculous....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My god people, chill.

He looked scared and alone, is anyone saying he didn't?! Wentz looked confident and supported, is anyone saying otherwise?!

I didn't like the obvious contrast, and I don't care at all what anyone thinks about it. That doesn't mean I'm trashing the kid or won't support him.

View attachment 13372
View attachment 13373

Scared:

View attachment 13374
View attachment 13375

Truth is that I don't care what he looks like. It's irrelevant to the player he is on the field.

But no, he doesn't look scared or alone. He looks like a guy who is focused and thinking. Probably because he knew he was going #1 and was thinking about what to do and say after.

Again, though, I could not care less what he was thinking in that moment. It does not matter.

Frankly, you're the one who needs to chill. Goff is the Rams pick. Wentz is not. That ain't changing. Time to throw our support behind Goff and stop looking for (bad) reasons to criticize him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My god people, chill.

Truth is nobody cares, we all watched the same thing and it's no shocker that you see something negative. You're always posting negativity we get it your not happy. But you're seeing something in this that either isn't there or isn't a big deal. I saw him on Kimmell last night and he was great there laughing and talking it up. I saw him in his interviews and he looked fine. I don't see some scared deer in the headlights frightened kid that you're making him out to be.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Truth is that I don't care what he looks like. It's irrelevant to the player he is on the field.

But no, he doesn't look scared or alone. He looks like a guy who is focused and thinking. Probably because he knew he was going #1 and was thinking about what to do and say after.

Again, though, I could not care less what he was thinking in that moment. It does not matter.

Frankly, you're the one who needs to chill. Goff is the Rams pick. Wentz is not. That ain't changing. Time to throw our support behind Goff and stop looking for (bad) reasons to criticize him.

It doesn't matter what he's thinking? What if he's thinking I hope my limp from my broken foot doesn't show? What if he's thinking I love Johnny Highball and want to be just like him? What if he's thinking Where can I score coke in this town?

Jrry, he looks scared. I'm sorry he looks scared, but that's how he looks. You can pretend it was something else if it makes you feel better, but it is what it is. No level of pretending will change that.

Did he look scared? Yes.

Scared? Affirmative.

His look? Correct.

On his face? You got it.

Not happy like Wentz? No, scared.

Goff01.JPG

He had great hair though. Seriously.

And Jrry, telling the truth, being honest, doesn't mean I don't support him. Bradford looked stupid half the time and I supported him too. So you can stop with the silly declarations of what we should and shouldn't do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like he's thinking about something to me. Don't see the being afraid sorry. You see what you want to see in images I guess.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Truth is nobody cares, we all watched the same thing and it's no shocker that you see something negative. You're always posting negativity we get it your not happy. But you're seeing something in this that either isn't there or isn't a big deal. I saw him on Kimmell last night and he was great there laughing and talking it up. I saw him in his interviews and he looked fine. I don't see some scared deer in the headlights frightened kid that you're making him out to be.

I saw what I saw and opined on it and try as his people might, you're not going to shout me down or assign motives. He looked scared and I didn't expect it and wasn't impressed by it. It's as simple as that, no secret agenda, cards are on the table.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't matter what he's thinking? What if he's thinking I hope my limp from my broken foot doesn't show? What if he's thinking I love Johnny Highball and want to be just like him? What if he's thinking Where can I score coke in this town?

Jrry, he looks scared. I'm sorry he looks scared, but that's how he looks. You can pretend it was something else if it makes you feel better, but it is what it is. No level of pretending will change that.

Did he look scared? Yes.

Scared? Affirmative.

His look? Correct.

On his face? You got it.

View attachment 13380

And Jrry, telling the truth, being honest, doesn't mean I don't support him. Bradford looked stupid half the time and I supported him too. So you can stop with the silly declarations of what we should and shouldn't do.

And you can keep going with your ridiculous psychoanalysis. I'll just go ahead and ignore it because it holds no value and means absolutely nothing. Will do us both a favor rather than argue over something so trivial.

I saw what I saw and opined on it and try as his people might, you're not going to shout me down or assign motives. He looked scared and I didn't expect it and wasn't impressed by it. It's as simple as that, no secret agenda, cards are on the table.

We're all his people. He's the Rams' new QB. If you're not one of his people, go join a Seacocks or Whiners board.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My god people, chill.

View attachment 13372
View attachment 13373

Scared:

View attachment 13374
View attachment 13375
I don't see fear in goff. So disagree whole heartedly. Frankly I don't think you know either guy well enough to identify their emotions

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
It's pretty funny because you can interpret any face someone makes countless ways. If I'm sitting here at the NFL draft, I'm not a robot, I'm a human being.

Maybe I happen to remember a time I saw that guy at a taco bell and -- was it that guy? God, he looks just like him -- but oh shit, yeah, that was the time Joey got sick after eating twenty tacos by himself, what a dumbass -- God, I hope I'm going #1 to the Rams, Fish kind of gave me that wink, wink comment earlier, but someone told me their GM was wearing number 11 in the war room... Would I be okay in Philly? I mean, I'm fine with Philly, really, I'm sure I would buy in there too, only... God, what if I'm the #1 pick? ME... This is unreal. I kind of want some taco bell, though. Geeze, what if this is all joke, and I fall out of the 1st? What if I'm getting punked right now?

You get the point. What does my face look like, during this time? Probably a lot like Jared Goff's (if I was handsome and golden-haired and 21). There's a bunch of emotions going through him. Probably half the stuff he's thinking isn't even related to the moment in an obvious way. So all this stuff about this guy looks scared, this guy looks jubilant, it just doesn't have any weight to it. Fear, sadness, excitement, happiness, all of these things look different on different people (case in point, our coach). You could just as easily say, "I hate how Carson is grinning like a clown. Doesn't he realize the gravity of going #1-2? Does he not take it seriously? Does he think he's already won? This guy's not a hard worker!" or maybe I think he's masking his fear with a too-big smile.

Interviews are one thing, but I tend to look for personality clues, and the Goff interviews have all been very reassuring. He seems calm, heady, and humble. One of my favorites was when he was on Cowherd a couple days ago. Really relaxed, and assertive, not tentative with his takes.

I don't know why I typed so much on this, or incorporated a taco bell narrative. I guess I just want us to be real about humans, and what humans look like, and how easily we can misinterpret words, and, in this case, and to a greater degree, faces.

There's just nothing there. There's nothing there. He stood up in a huge moment and spoke calmly, and looked at ease in front of everyone, when it was his turn on stage and in front of the cameras. Snapshots taken at various points in the night can make anyone look a certain way to a certain eye. But when Deion asked him what he wanted to say to the Rams fans, he delivered a strong and honest message, in his own words, and without a quaver.

jjab360

Legend

Did he look scared? Yes.

Scared? Affirmative.

His look? Correct.

On his face? You got it.

View attachment 13380

Could you please stop this charade, you're clearly trying to make something out of nothing here.

It looks like he's contemplating, thinking, maybe even a little bit nervous, because who the hell wouldn't be? If I didn't know the situation he was in, I would even say he looks bored, but I don't see scared at all tbh. Do you even know what scared looks like?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We're all his people. He's the Rams' new QB. If you're not one of his people, go join a Seacocks or Whiners board.

Says the guy who was half a Jags fan because he was afraid the FO wasn't gonna do what he wanted?

Listen, I think this is the wrong choice and then starting him as a rookie compounds the problem making it even more likely to be a disaster.

But you're the absolute LAST person who has standing to question anyone's "fandom" after that mess last month, so just stow that mess and keep drinking the Goff Kool-Aid and understand not everyone has a taste for it while you guzzle it.

Athos

Legend
Jesus fucking Christ.
I have that same Goff look on my face 90% of the time.

Doesn't mean jack shit. I just think a lot. And I'm not expressive a lot.

Again, doesn't mean shit.

Good god. I swear. You are not a body language therapist.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Says the guy who was half a Jags fan because he was afraid the FO wasn't gonna do what he wanted?

Listen, I think this is the wrong choice and then starting him as a rookie compounds the problem making it even more likely to be a disaster.

But you're the absolute LAST person who has standing to question anyone's "fandom" after that mess last month, so just stow that mess and keep drinking the Goff Kool-Aid and understand not everyone has a taste for it while you guzzle it.

I'm not questioning anyone's fandom. I'm telling him if he's not a Goff guy, he can go. Because Goff was the pick and that ain't changing.

If anything, you're only proving that I talk the talk and walk the walk. I made it very clear that if the Rams didn't go out and do what I thought was necessary, I'd walk away rather than stay around here and piss and moan about the players they did get.

You're welcome to think this is the wrong choice. But if you're not going to root for the kid and you don't consider him your guy now, you have no business talking about my "fandom."

Because I've seen posters who acted that way (*cough Old Larry*) and that is why I told myself I would not be that guy. I would go root for the Jaguars rather than be that guy.

Luckily, things worked out.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I honestly don't care what they looked like on stage...

Fisher's gonna literally go all in on the rookie, maybe even trading away Keenum...(MISTAAAAAAAKE!!!!), but all we can do is sit back and watch.

Oh, and way to learn the Foles mistake... Just give the job to the rook. Awesome.

With a rookie starting QB and the third hardest schedule in the NFL, the chances of breaking 6 wins is slim...

I just want the Rams to win. The kid needs to produce. Apparently, right away, cuz they won't even give him the Todd Gurley.

Reality's gonna make for some interesting excuse making in the vent threads this year...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly don't care what they looked like on stage...

Fisher's gonna literally go all in on the rookie, maybe even trading away Keenum...(MISTAAAAAAAKE!!!!), but all we can do is sit back and watch.

Oh, and way to learn the Foles mistake... Just give the job to the rook. Awesome.

With a rookie starting QB and the third hardest schedule in the NFL, the chances of breaking 6 wins is slim...

I just want the Rams to win. The kid needs to produce. Apparently, right away, cuz they won't even give him the Todd Gurley.

Reality's gonna make for some interesting excuse making in the vent threads this year...

Easy to sit here, complain, and say we're going to suck this year. You get the good ole win-win. You either get to be right or the Rams win.

I don't care. The Rams are going to win this year. And I won't be asking for anyone to eat crow. I'll just sit back and enjoy it when the Rams have broken 6 wins by the 10th game this year.

No reason for Fisher to hide the ball. He knows how good Goff is. He knows Goff will earn the job by Week 1.