Zack Wilson as a backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson has a cap number of $11.1 million for 2025, thanks to the four-year, $35 million deal he signed as the second overall pick in the draft.
Writer left out some vital context here, that is the 5th year option which will obviously not be picked up

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Rams should just lay back and wait because chances are he is going to be released. There are a lot of options out there with the draft and teams will be releasing players to clear money for free agency.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's seriously more of a practice squad guy at this point. Heck he'd be doing himself a major service by even playing in the XFL/USFL league

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like Wentz as backup, but as much as everyone, hes gonna be a starter somewhere. He is Not washed. It was the teams He was on. Which Brings me to Wilson as backup! He needs to leave the Jets. They are the Problem. He cannot learn because they switched 7 QBs in 2-3 seasons, yet he was still there. Clearly the QB is not your problem, but thats Aarons Problem now it seems.
I think there is a chance Wentz signs with the Rams. But whether he does or not Wilson can't be the backup, he is a long term project, i.e. third stringer.

I would like to have him on the roster but he would need to be cheap in trade and cheap in cost. Can that happen for us who knows.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One GM mentioned to Charles Robinson as a very good backup available is Sam Darnold. Though more as a bridge guy or vet backup for a team that takes a rookie QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Breaking News, Jets GM Joe Douglas eats another burger.
1709315701424.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not as a backup. You'd lose the game if he has to start but if you were hell bent to see if you could develop him than I think you look at him as a number 3 for a year and maybe backup the following year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No thanks. I'd rather just pay Wentz or Brissett or even Taylor. Wilson has shown nothing that makes him an NFL quarterback.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
In other words, "here's your chance to help the Jets for the first time in your career". I would offer the Jets a 7th round (comp) pick (the next time we get one) as long as we only had to pay his base salary ($1.055 mil)....if he made the roster.
I wouldn't trade anything for Wilson. He sucks and will most likely get cut.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I hate Wilson, but trust McSnead, so my only hope is he's cap-friendly if he comes here.
I'm in a huge minority in that I'm just no sold on Wentz.
I'm also in the minority in that I won't be disappointed at all if we draft a qb in the first two rounds. Would love to get a rook with some time to cook while backing up Matt, even if it's for 2-3 years.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It is starting to look like Fields may be able to be had for possibly a mid-round pick. That would be a deal worth considering.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
With all the potential #2 QBs free agents on the market I wouldn't trade a blocking sled for a #2.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all the potential #2 QBs free agents on the market I wouldn't trade a blocking sled for a #2.
Especially one who will get paid $5+ mill and has been patently awful in his career so far

"Depending on the Jets asking price"?

By that, the price should be that The Rams get Wilson and the Jets 3rd round pick for a Rams 6th round pick

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It is starting to look like Fields may be able to be had for possibly a mid-round pick. That would be a deal worth considering.
I'd not be upset with him as back up at all, we have done far far worse as recent as last year. Would be kind of a nice twist to the offense to bring him in every so often and run some kind of option or QB sweep.