Zack Wilson as a backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
there were games he played well, and my eye test told me this was a kid McVay could develop. If it's true about their interest I can see why. Go rams.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This account will take anything that comes across it's timeline and amplify it. I wouldn't take it seriously. I guess there's a non-zero chance though if he's cut.
It’s still a topic for discussion and as we know, anything can happen with McVay and Snead.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
If, down the road, he puts together a good season in the UFL, I'd go for offering him a camp invite. Camp arms are useful.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd rather trade a 5th round pick to the Eagles for Tanner McKee. At least you get a guy that has future starting potential.
I'm not sure the Eagles would agree to this. Why would they trade away their back up that they just drafted? If they would accept it, I'd offer it.
Honestly I’d rather the team keep Carson Wentz. Not a Zach Wilson fan. I thought the Jets were reaching when drafting him.

Personally, I’d draft a QB in the first or second round. I know I’m in the minority on that. If he falls to us I do like Nix. He’s intelligent, tough, a running threat, and can throw with power and precision. McVay’s type of QB.
I'd bet Nix falls to us at #19, though he potentially could fall to us in the 2nd round also. Hard pass at 19.
there were games he played well, and my eye test told me this was a kid McVay could develop. If it's true about their interest I can see why. Go rams.
He honestly had some good games last year. Those games were with a terrible OL and WR core also. Dude did take a ton of sacks, but, again, he had a bad line. He played well against one of the top defenses in the league and future SB champ KC. His other good game was against the playoff bound Texans. I'm not saying he will ever be good, but, either McVay or shanny could probably bring out the best in him, if it in fact lays within.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

View: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1761483791942484382

I am not a fan of this player nor do I particularly want him here. To be fair, I do believe he has arm talent, his problems are maturity and reading defenses IMO. That said, if anybody could make something out of this player it is Sean McVay. He resurrected Baker Mayfield and coaxed a win from Carson Wentz pretty much straight off his couch. Opinions? The cost to acquire should be no more than a 7th round pick.

Cbs No GIF by HULU

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd bet Nix falls to us at #19, though he potentially could fall to us in the 2nd round also. Hard pass at 19.
I have a hard time thinking Nix goes in first but stranger things have happened at QB. Dude's got a lot of holes in his game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I love Sean McVay, but can we list the Quarterbacks he has actually developed? IMO, Zach Wilson is toxic and I would rather have Woodrow Wilson at QB.

1708967600778.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
I love Sean McVay, but can we list the Quarterbacks he has actually developed?

View attachment 64613
This... is a topic worth exploring someday.

I would argue LaFleur and Zac Taylor did more to develop Goff and then things became static with him as they both left.

Goff has started to grow again as a QB.

I think McVay is great. Not sure developing QBs is his forte.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I think Wentz is he best option but I would be ok with Wilson.
He is better than most people on this site think or know. I watched a lot of his games and he was a product of a bad OL and system this past year.
He is mobile and has a strong arm. Under McVay I have no doubt he would be a good backup for next year and maybe the year after. Is he our future QB, I doubt it but he is worth a late round pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He is NOT worse then Rypien, who ironically was the 3rd string QB behind Wilson.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I need to dig into the QBs in this draft after round 2 (I mean, I don't really know how much time any of us really have for that) but if they think Stafford is playing beyond this year I'm all for the strategy with Bennett (albeit failed with him).

Find a guy in later rounds on a cheap contract who can steal a game or two for you in spot starts and you control for awhile.

Not sure that guys there in this draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I liked Wilson coming out of college, mostly because I thought he'd be able to process the NFL game speed. He really hasn't shown that, unfortunately.

I am in the minority on this, but I think Mac Jones might be a better reclamation project for someone like the Rams.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I liked Wilson coming out of college, mostly because I thought he'd be able to process the NFL game speed. He really hasn't shown that, unfortunately.
Yes, his offensive line was terrible and as @Allen2McVay has said, no pass catching talent outside Garrett Wilson but I never saw a QB double clutch a football more times in my life then when I watched his games.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW have any of you actually watched this kid play? Not highlights either, actually watched a game. I have watched many, more then 10 and IMHO, he is not good and I believe he is beyond repair. Have the Jets send him somewhere else because the last two guys that coached him in New York are now in Los Angeles because of him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's all about where his head is. Talent-wise he has what he needs. If he's still got his head up his ass (i.e. did not learn from alienating his teammates in NY) then you pass. If you think he's ready to work and study to be great though he's worth a look. But with him there's that extra layer of needing to pry him from NY on top of all that.

But this time last year people were saying Wentz was toxic. Paraphrasing of course. Groupthink was against him. But he came in with a clear head, worked his ass off, and it's a different conversation now with him as backup.

Wouldn't surprise me of Wentz signs with us before FA and all this stuff is put to bed. But if the Rams go get Wilson it better be cheap and assuming that is the case I'm fine with it, because I am sure this time around (vice with Bennett) the Rams did their homework on the kid.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

I am in the minority on this, but I think Mac Jones might be a better reclamation project for someone like the Rams.
This is my belief also. I really think that it was all downhill for Jones when McDaniel left and Mr. Genius replaced him with defensive coaches like Patricia and Judge.

I blame Belicheat for Mac Jones' problems and regression.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if an offensive coach like McVay repairs and saves him from the damage done to him in New England.

~ArkyRamsFan~