Zack Wilson as a backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

methomas50

Rookie

View: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1761483791942484382

I am not a fan of this player nor do I particularly want him here. To be fair, I do believe he has arm talent, his problems are maturity and reading defenses IMO. That said, if anybody could make something out of this player it is Sean McVay. He resurrected Baker Mayfield and coaxed a win from Carson Wentz pretty much straight off his couch. Opinions? The cost to acquire should be no more than a 7th round pick.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
no thanks he sucks. On top of that McVay would have to keep an eye on his wife because this guy has special powers over Milfs

WestCoastRam

Legend
This account will take anything that comes across it's timeline and amplify it. I wouldn't take it seriously. I guess there's a non-zero chance though if he's cut.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would rather trade for Howell. Much less draft capital and $1mil cap hit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Absolutely no thank you. Not only does Wilson suck balls, but his cap hit is way too big for my liking.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would rather spend that $4.5 million on Wentz as backup. Oh wait it's a $5.4 million cap hit! $1.055 million base and a $4.4 million roster bonus due at the start of camp.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I'd rather trade a 5th round pick to the Eagles for Tanner McKee. At least you get a guy that has future starting potential.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have no idea if there is anything to this "rumor" that the Rams have an interest in Wilson. However, if they do, I would think McVay has asked for the opinions of two of his coaches ... Mike Lafleur and Rob Calabrese.

LaFleur was Wilson's Offensive Coordinator his first 2 seasons; and Calabrese was his QB-coach all 3 seasons.

I live in NYC, and have seen every throw of Wilson's career ... and have not been impressed.
Also, not impressed with the talent on offense around him; and thought he was put-out to start too quickly.

Like most, I am not a fan of Wilson but I would find it interesting if Lafleur and Calabrese recommend him.

It's interesting ... what a fun off-season! Last off-season sucked at this time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ridiculous "throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks" website
As said elsewhere, he's making 5.4 mill this season, there's no way the Rams are paying that for a backup QB, and if the Jets pay his 4.3 mill roster bonus, they'd want draft compensation.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

WestCoastRam

Legend
I have no idea if there is anything to this "rumor" that the Rams have an interest in Wilson. However, if they do, I would think McVay has asked for the opinions of two of his coaches ... Mike Lafleur and Rob Calabrese.

LaFleur was Wilson's Offensive Coordinator his first 2 seasons; and Calabrese was his QB-coach all 3 seasons.

I live in NYC, and have seen every throw of Wilson's career ... and have not been impressed.
Also, not impressed with the talent on offense around him; and thought he was put-out to start too quickly.

Like most, I am not a fan of Wilson but I would find it interesting if Lafleur and Calabrese recommend him.

It's interesting ... what a fun off-season! Last off-season sucked at this time.
I watched some of his games. His oline didn't help but I thought with talent like Garrett Wilson at WR he should have been better. Dude just doesn't look like he can execute an NFL offense. His games look like when we marched Rypien out there. Dude can't hit the broadside of a barn the size of 10 barns.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
He sucked on the J-E-T-S. Yeah I didn't like what I saw either. But...

...weren't many saying Baker and Wentz were done and they sucked?

- until they came to the Rams and looked good.

If Wentz wants to move on for more $$ and Wilf...uh...I mean Wilson is cheap and has potential to thrive in the McVay system I say go for it. But for a 3rd QB lets also grab a future starter. One who doesn't... um... partee?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I watched some of his games. His o-line didn't help but I thought with talent like Garrett Wilson at WR he should have been better.

Agree ... Weak O-Line, plus a ton of injuries; and Garrett Wilson is terrific.

Thing is, after Garrett Wilson, the Jets had very little at WR ...
Corey Davis missed half the games in 2021 and 2022 with injuries, then unexpectedly retired
Elijah Moore was a big disappointment, and wanted to be traded
Denzel Mims was a high pick who barely touched the field
Alan Lazard did nothing last year, without Aaron Rodgers
After that, his WRs were Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios and ready-to-retire Jamison Crowder and Randall Cobb

Living in NYC and having Sunday Ticket for the Rams, I watch every snap of 3 teams ... Rams, Giants and Jets.

The last three years under Saleh, the Jets have played some outstanding Defense (with a ton of talent).
Exact opposite on Offense ... beyond awful for the most part.
Zach Wilson was a large part of it but very little was impressive ... other than Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and Alijah Vera-Tucker (season-ending-IR two years), it's difficult to tell what the Jets have on that side-of-the-ball.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I’d rather the team keep Carson Wentz. Not a Zach Wilson fan. I thought the Jets were reaching when drafting him.

Personally, I’d draft a QB in the first or second round. I know I’m in the minority on that. If he falls to us I do like Nix. He’s intelligent, tough, a running threat, and can throw with power and precision. McVay’s type of QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He sucked on the J-E-T-S. Yeah I didn't like what I saw either. But...

...weren't many saying Baker and Wentz were done and they sucked?
Both Wentz and Baker played at extremely high levels in the NFL, Wilson hasnt played anything like that.
Meanwhile under the same offense, Mike Flippin White looked an all pro and even Flacco had some success.
Wilson on the other hand couldnt hit a pig in the ass with a plank. No offense @ottoman89