Who do you want as our next coach?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There in lies the problem. They need to make a very well vetted decision. The defense is ready now. It would suck to get another bad regime in and have another wasted 4 years.

You're going to take risk either ways unless we get a miracle. Hell, people have issues with even the proven coaches. The only guys I can think of that (almost) nobody would complain about are guys like Mike McCarthy and Asshole Face. But both guys are longshots to actually be available.

It would suck to see this team go backwards. But it would suck just as much for this team to spend another 5 years sitting in neutral. With Goff, Gurley, and the defense, I think we're an incredibly attractive situation and should have the pick of the litter. That group will also make the next coach's job very easy. Especially if Williams and Fassel stay on board.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That group will also make the next coach's job very easy. Especially if Williams and Fassel stay on board.

And you never know what talent is out there for Assistants either because of another thread it reminded of when the Rams hired John Robinson from USC back in 1983 Robinson brought some of his assistants with him including Offensive Line Coach Hudson Houck and Defensive Line Coach Marv Goux...Both were renown college assistants, however, had never coached in the NFL, but ended being top assistants in their field at the professional level too....Guess I'm making a case for David Shaw before I even have to.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
That is my hope, but I'm not sure what Kelly future holds at the moment. Another scandal at the school at a time that he was trying to get a shot at the LSU job is just not good timing.
Charlie Strong has done a great job down there, but the boosters didn't like his hiring from day 1 and he faced an uphill battle the whole way
o_O Strong's done a great job @ TX?? He's 16-21!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well it's official. Strong is available :)

No shocker the whole reason Tom Herman stayed at Houston was because he knew he had a shot this year at his dream job and now he has it.

As to Charlie Strong, if Brian Kelly survives at Notre Dame, Strong will be his Defensive Coordinator as he works on reinventing himself IMHO.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No shocker the whole reason Tom Herman stayed at Houston was because he knew he had a shot this year at his dream job and now he has it.

As to Charlie Strong, if Brian Kelly survives at Notre Dame, Strong will be his Defensive Coordinator as he works on reinventing himself IMHO.
Herman is a good fit for Texas.
I'd love to see Charlie back at ND
Wish they had him today as USC may put 70 on us....
Oh and today is the 1 day out of the year I am an Ohio State fan, so Go Buckeyes!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who knows. What we do know is that 7-9 year in and year out doesn't cut it. I'll risk another Linehan if the reward is the next Tomlin, McCarthy, Arians, Zimmer, etc. I want to watch a winner.
Exactly.
7-9 and 2-14 are basically the same thing. A losing season is a losing season
Fisher hasn't had a winning year in 8 years
Yeah he's a great guy and all but he just doesn't win.
I don't see the risk in replacing him

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I go back and forth between a college guy ready to make the jump and someone with NFL experience.

I lean towards the later - especially someone who has proven X&O skills getting a second chance with all that comes with the HC gig.

Josh McDaniels is that guy for me.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Josh McDaniels is that guy for me.

He could the target as I have posted before, however, the Gruden rumor is getting traction at this point for me, it would be and again this is because Jim Harbaugh will stay at Michigan until he wins a National Title.

1. Jon Gruden
  2. David Shaw
  3. Josh McDaniels
Look for the Jaguars to move quickly to name a Head Coach as well because I'm sure Khan would love to trump Kronke in some shape, way or form.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If I'm Stan... Before I do anything else I call Jim Harbaugh and offer him $15 million per year to be my head coach plus final say in football decisions to include the GM and front office hires.

I don't want him having control on everything. I just don't think giving one guy full control like that is sustainable imho. That and my bias hate for his whining sideline act.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I want a coach who instills discipline. I want a coach who doesn't meddle in areas he doesn't know anything about. I want a coach who shows a willingness to adapt and change his ways. I want a coach who plays to win, not plays to save his job. Most importantly I want a coach who cares. Fisher does not care.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I want a coach who instills discipline. I want a coach who doesn't meddle in areas he doesn't know anything about. I want a coach who shows a willingness to adapt and change his ways. I want a coach who plays to win, not plays to save his job. Most importantly I want a coach who cares. Fisher does not care.
I agree with your post except for the Fisher not caring part. He cares IMO, but just doesn't do anything else you posted. Which is just kinda sad. He's got the heart, but not the mind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with your post except for the Fisher not caring part. He cares IMO, but just doesn't do anything else you posted. Which is just kinda sad. He's got the heart, but not the mind.

I don't think he lacks the mind either. I think he lacks flexibility.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cleaning up Mack Brown's stain will take just a little while longer to get done - 16-21 is actually remarkable if you follow Austin football

I think Fish and the Rams have affected some of you guys adversely. Your reference on what is good is out of whack lol. Take a deep breath, and repeat after me: "Strong is not ready yet." He is not the droid we are looking for!