Who do you want as our next coach?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
We already have our coach on the team and he's not Greg Williams. It's Jim Fassel, the special teams coach.

Fassel can coach. His visionary, adaptable and outside the box thinking has always put the Rams Special Teams as the best in the league.

I would love to have Jim Fassel get a chance to be the Rams HC because he is not afraid to have the team play all out at their best to achieve the winning outcome whether that outcome ends up in a loss.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
We already have our coach on the team and he's not Greg Williams. It's Jim Fassel, the special teams coach.

Fassel can coach. His visionary, adaptable and outside the box thinking has always put the Rams Special Teams as the best in the league.

I would love to have Jim Fassel get a chance to be the Rams HC because he is not afraid to have the team play all out at their best to achieve the winning outcome whether that outcome ends up in a loss.

You mean John Fassel? Jim is his dad that use to coach the Giants. lol I forgive your drunkness...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

John Fassel is a name I've thought about as well. He'd need to show me that he can bring in a quality staff to fill the holes here. But he's an intriguing option.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fassel's only pro experience is that of a special teams coach.
Love what he brings to the special teams but HC?
Wow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fassel's only pro experience is that of a special teams coach.
Love what he brings to the special teams but HC?
Wow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harbaugh

Fassel's unit is consistently among the best in the league. His guys play hard for him. Why not? If anything, a special teams coach is less likely to meddle in the offense and defense. If he can bring on a great OC to pair with Gregg Williams, I'm all for it. He could lean on his dad and Mike Holmgren for help.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fassel's unit is consistently among the best in the league. His guys play hard for him. Why not? If anything, a special teams coach is less likely to meddle in the offense and defense. If he can bring on a great OC to pair with Gregg Williams, I'm all for it. He could lean on his dad and Mike Holmgren for help.
Well I'm not a huge fan of Harbaugh but he was a dback coach as well and was handed a team with a powerhouse d and the best gm in football. And the team has been slipping.
I also don't know where Williams head is at. Hiring an in house guy doesn't guarantee Williams stays. Would you be good with Fassel if Williams left? I'd hope we could do better than that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I'm not a huge fan of Harbaugh but he was a dback coach as well and was handed a team with a powerhouse d and the best gm in football. And the team has been slipping.
I also don't know where Williams head is at. Hiring an in house guy doesn't guarantee Williams stays. Would you be good with Fassel if Williams left? I'd hope we could do better than that

Nah. I'd need to know Williams was willing to stay.

You're not a huge fan of Harbaugh? He has an incredible playoff record and only 1 losing season in 8 years as a HC.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. I'd need to know Williams was willing to stay.

You're not a huge fan of Harbaugh? He has an incredible playoff record and only 1 losing season in 8 years as a HC.
Id probably like him more if his last name was Smith. Lol.
I'd sign up for Jon Gruden reuniting with Bill Callahan as oc
And if Williams doesn't want to stay on board why not promote Wauffle? He was Gruden dline coach in Oakland

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id probably like him more if his last name was Smith. Lol.
I'd sign up for Jon Gruden reuniting with Bill Callahan as oc
And if Williams doesn't want to stay on board why not promote Wauffle? He was Gruden dline coach in Oakland

Waufle is a career DL Coach. I'd keep him in his lane.

I'd be good with the Gruden/Callahan combo. Would also be quite happy with a Gruden/Munchak combo.(Callahan is currently working with the other Gruden)

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I don't think Gruden is leaving the booth. He gets paid more than most if not all of the NFL coaches and he does a fraction of the work.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I'm on the the John Fassel train here. He seems like a viable option indeed. People like the guy and he seems to think outside the box and he has coaching blood HC material.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Gruden is leaving the booth. He gets paid more than most if not all of the NFL coaches and he does a fraction of the work.

I wouldn't bet on it. But he's said quite a few times that he misses coaching. I'm not a huge Gruden fan. But he's better than Fisher.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier

Just curious.Has there ever been a ST coach hired as a head coach?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

The Harbaugh in Baltimore was a Special Teams coach when he got hired if I remember correctly. If I fired Fish today my interim would be Fassel.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have another name that this conversation reminded me of...Dave Toub Special Teams Coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs. He's been considered the NFL's best special teams coach for the past decade. He has interviewed for NFL HC jobs before. It might be his time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There have also been a number of other coaches who coached special teams prior to taking other positions that led to their HC job. That list includes Marv Levy, Dick Vermeil, Bill Belichick, Bill Cowher, and Mike Ditka.