What to expect out of the Rams two new signings OLB Connor Barwin and RB Lance Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Littleton is interesting because he was named by the team as their rookie of the year. We will see what role he plays with a new regime.

Agree - The Rams must feel good about him. Was the vote from the players ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I just saw him on roster from there site.

In fact that just now put Dunbar on the list & updated it ?? So I'm guessing he is still on The Rams roster ?

That's good, I can verify that he was indeed off the roster sheet for a few days, and so was Trinca-Pasat who is also listed as back. I believe Longacre was an RFA and Pasat was an ERFA. Spotrac shows Matt Longacre signed a 1 year, $615,000 contract in 2017, so it must have just gone down.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Longacre wasn't re-signed though.

Apparently he's back, same with Trinca-Pasat. Here's the quote from Spotrac :

"Matt Longacre signed a 1 year, $615,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including an average annual salary of $615,000. In 2017, Longacre will earn a base salary of $615,000, while carrying a cap hit of $615,000."

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Tru will never be the player he was with JJ on the other side. His productivity was directly related to JJ being the other corner. If we get another CB playing at a high level Tru will be at his best but until then last years performance is about what I expect from him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tru will never be the player he was with JJ on the other side. His productivity was directly related to JJ being the other corner. If we get another CB playing at a high level Tru will be at his best but until then last years performance is about what I expect from him.

Like I said earlier. The Rams would have been 4-1 if Tru does not get hurt against Buffalo . He got hurt on his pick off. He was starting to really the excellent football. I don't think that is a Tru statement of his game.

My guess is The Rams think he is worth keeping right now.I think the biggest issue with Tru is his salary number , not his play. -- If you are correct
then The Rams only have a 1 year investment & more time to fill the CB position.

HellRam

Starter

Fan's like to say this because of Tru's high interception rate. But what fans are forgetting is Tru only gave up 1 TD in 2015 playing opposite of Jenkins, along with allowing the 2nd lowest QB rating when QB's threw Johnon's way. If anything opponents would have been better off throwing against Jenkins in 2015. What needs to happen now is Tru getting back to this level of play. Right now tho IMO everyone is hung up on Jenks career year with the Giants.

I like Jenkins. However, even Jenkins said his career with the Giants had a lot to do with coaching and culture. I remeber him mentioning the scheme.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-allowed-the-second-lowest-qb-rating-in-2015/

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just saw him on roster from there site.

In fact that just now put Dunbar on the list & updated it ?? So I'm guessing he is still on The Rams roster ?
I like this...I like this alot!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
That's good, I can verify that he was indeed off the roster sheet for a few days, and so was Trinca-Pasat who is also listed as back. I believe Longacre was an RFA and Pasat was an ERFA. Spotrac shows Matt Longacre signed a 1 year, $615,000 contract in 2017, so it must have just gone down.
I like Longacre. Perhaps they want to give Trinca-Pasat a shot at NT?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like Longacre. Perhaps they want to give Trinca-Pasat a shot at NT?

Possible, ... and although a little larger, I always thought of Trinca-Pasat as Aaron Donald lite in terms of skill set. Obviously Donald is in a class by himself, but I was impressed with some style point similarities. Who knows, but I think he could become Donald's rotational reserve if things work out for him. jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Possible, ... and although a little larger, I always thought of Trinca-Pasat as Aaron Donald lite in terms of skill set. Obviously Donald is in a class by himself, but I was impressed with some style point similarities. Who knows, but I think he could become Donald's rotational reserve if things work out for him. jmo.

Agreed - he has a high motor. Les Snead & the scouts do a real good job finding UDFA . I know Jake is not a big fan , but Snead IMO does a real good job at that.
-- McVay is going to make a big difference in what he is looking for in a player.
Wasn't there a O'lineman that was on The Rams practice squad who just signed a $30 million contract ?? I can't even tell you who he was. Les had him on the practice squad.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I like LTP. Just don't like seeing a headline that has ACL in it with his name...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mark Barron is too small to play RILB.

We'll see what Wade thinks. Thus far, the Rams haven't given any indication of where he fits. In Wade's breakdown of his scheme, he made it clear that he knows how to work with what he has. His scheme is a lot more fluid than people on here seem to think.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We'll see what Wade thinks. Thus far, the Rams haven't given any indication of where he fits. In Wade's breakdown of his scheme, he made it clear that he knows how to work with what he has. His scheme is a lot more fluid than people on here seem to think.

Could he play a little SS ?

Barry said he was excited to work with Mark Barron & Ogletree. He likes the way they play. I actually like the young LBers The Rams have.Showed up on special teams.

What about RB ? Green & Brown good as back ups ? They know Coach Peete .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could he play a little SS ?

Barry said he was excited to work with Mark Barron & Ogletree. He likes the way they play. I actually like the young LBers The Rams have.Showed up on special teams.

What about RB ? Green & Brown good as back ups ? They know Coach Peete .

I am assuming he'll either play SS or ILB. Don't know what their plans are yet. We should know after the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am assuming he'll either play SS or ILB. Don't know what their plans are yet. We should know after the draft.

Actually The Rams get a week of practice before the draft ?? Not sure what that will look like, or how much info will come of it.

Barron covers a lot of ground & makes a lot of plays(tackles).