What to expect out of the Rams two new signings OLB Connor Barwin and RB Lance Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you hearing things on the vine ? That's a pretty bold prediction, not only no trade, but being re-signed.
I am making a bold prediction. IF Tru is not traded on draft night he will be a Ram for the next 4-5 years.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Wasn't there a report of a team asking TJ Watt if he could play inside? What if that team, was the Rams?

LDE Easley
NT Brockers
RDE Donald
LOLB Barwin
LILB Ogletree
RILB Watt
ROLB Quinn
LCB Johnson
RCB Webster
SCB Joyner
SS Barron
FS Alexander

Dayum.
Stop the madness! That's too scary and exciting my heart can't take it!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Agree and I'm suprised more fan's dont see it this way, especially regarding scheme. The Rams tagged Johnson for a reason and it was not because they had a guaranteed trade lined up, which is mostly obvious by now.

I actually don't mind the Tru franchise tag, sure he's overpaid. However, they have no long term money tied up and Johnson still has to prove his worth. Johnson has elite talent, now hopefully he lives up to the franchise tag worth in Wade's D this year.
Bingo! I really like Tru he gets a bad rep but he wasn't the one spouting off on twitter about the front office. Jenkins was. Yet, who do Rams fans favor more? Honestly, after seeing Jenkins' posts on twitter about the Rams I decided I wanted nothing to do with him. He's too immature. It's sad because he stayed very clean after a mile long rap sheet in college. The fact of the matter is I don't want a player that is going to talk shit about his team during the negotiation period. Tru didn't do that and Jenkins did. Good riddance!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes! I don't understand why everyone forgets Easley is on the roster. We don't need a different starter Easley needs to start 100%. He's a great player.

Pressed wrong button . Thumbs up 1

I really like this Webster kid. He says he wants to be a Legend . What famous Rams have worn 21. Nolan Cromwell I think might have been. He was fun to watch. I used sit up in higher level. Man that position of safety was cool when they read the play early.
-- Dexter McCleon out of Clemson -was a good added piece across from Todd Light.

Easley showed excellent speed for his size, but he did make some silly mistakes.Right now he fits so much better than Chris Long. He will be quick off the edge as a DE ? Then Donald ?? Wow this is starting to get exciting to think about.

Wonder about Joyner & also Barron. I know LBer coach Barry is excited to coach Barry. I'm not sure how Joyner will fit ??
I saw EJ Gaines get hurt in training camp. He was tearing Kenny Britt up all camp.Then I don't think he was the same ever since .Tru played real good the first 5 games & finally got an Int. I Will tell everyone in here that IF ? Tru does not get hurt in the 4th qrt. The Rams would have been 4-1. When did Robert go down ?? That is with Case Keenan at QB as well,of course Jared Goff has zero vicorties in The NFL.EJ was playing ok ,but not 100%
Mo is a thumper & can bring the wood.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bingo! I really like Tru he gets a bad rep but he wasn't the one spouting off on twitter about the front office. Jenkins was. Yet, who do Rams fans favor more? Honestly, after seeing Jenkins' posts on twitter about the Rams I decided I wanted nothing to do with him. He's too immature. It's sad because he stayed very clean after a mile long rap sheet in college. The fact of the matter is I don't want a player that is going to talk crap about his team during the negotiation period. Tru didn't do that and Jenkins did. Good riddance!

Tru had 8 int's & never took plays off. He actually said that at his press conference after signing his $64 million contract .
I like Webster better. He looks like he covers those short slants better ?

My thing with The Rams though was to sign Tru long term & franchise Jenkins ?? The 8 int's & market value on Tru was huge though.They would change there decision now.
Tru is priced way to much over his value.The Rams could draft a top cb
for the future & adding depth. The position is a high price value. I think NFL teams need to consider that more now than ever with switch of salary cap.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Mo Claiborne only signing for 5 million opened people's eyes that the Rams had other options but they really believe Tru is the best option for RIGHT NOW. If he doesn't pan out they don't bring him back that simple.

Or like they said sign him to a long term deal. The Rams never said they were shopping him. There were inside reports ??

My bad again. I saw you predicted they might resign Tru. & cleared mind after Time off.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Pressed wrong button . Thumbs up 1

I really like this Webster kid. He says he wants to be a Legend . What famous Rams have worn 21. Nolan Cromwell I think might have been. He was fun to watch. I used sit up in higher level. Man that position of safety was cool when they read the play early.
-- Dexter McCleon out of Clemson -was a good added piece across from Todd Light.

Easley showed excellent speed for his size, but he did make some silly mistakes.Right now he fits so much better than Chris Long. He will be quick off the edge as a DE ? Then Donald ?? Wow this is starting to get exciting to think about.

Wonder about Joyner & also Barron. I know LBer coach Barry is excited to coach Barry. I'm not sure how Joyner will fit ??
I saw EJ Gaines get hurt in training camp. He was tearing Kenny Britt up all camp.Then I don't think he was the same ever since .Tru played real good the first 5 games & finally got an Int. I Will tell everyone in here that IF ? Tru does not get hurt in the 4th qrt. The Rams would have been 4-1. When did Robert go down ?? That is with Case Keenan at QB as well,of course Jared Goff has zero vicorties in The NFL.EJ was playing ok ,but not 100%
Mo is a thumper & can bring the wood.
I really like the combo of Tru and Webster I was big on getting Webster before we became the favorite to get him. Easley is going to be great in this defense and you are exactly right Chris Long and William Hayes are tweeners in this defense so Easley will fit like a glove on the end. Joyner's future is a little cloudy since I haven't seen anything on him being any bit of the future. Barron could be a smokescreen but it sure sounds like they want him at inside backer. I just am not big on EJ Gaines I felt like he was one of those guys that had a good rookie year but would never live up to it. Mo was awesome and doesn't even get credit for it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really like the combo of Tru and Webster I was big on getting Webster before we became the favorite to get him. Easley is going to be great in this defense and you are exactly right Chris Long and William Hayes are tweeners in this defense so Easley will fit like a glove on the end. Joyner's future is a little cloudy since I haven't seen anything on him being any bit of the future. Barron could be a smokescreen but it sure sounds like they want him at inside backer. I just am not big on EJ Gaines I felt like he was one of those guys that had a good rookie year but would never live up to it. Mo was awesome and doesn't even get credit for it.

I'll add more of my thoughts on The Rams defense down below. Mo was really solid in training camp. It's hard for him to hold back. I think he got a lot of good playing experience. Now with a new coach staff , he should only improve more.
For some reason I think J. Joyner might be moved to FS ?? Webster might be more of a nickel . Don't underscore Gaines. The injury is what hurt him . IMO - that said his stats were not that good. He does like to press , but foot speed might be his biggest issue. He is an excellent tackler.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I'll add more of my thoughts on The Rams defense down below. Mo was really solid in training camp. It's hard for him to hold back. I think he got a lot of good playing experience. Now with a new coach staff , he should only improve more.
For some reason I think J. Joyner might be moved to FS ?? Webster might be more of a nickel . Don't underscore Gaines. The injury is what hurt him . IMO - that said his stats were not that good. He does like to press , but foot speed might be his biggest issue. He is an excellent tackler.
Remember the name...Brian Randolph. I think he starts at FS.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure he's ready to start, but he was looking quite good before the ACL during pre-season. At least a solid reserve if not starting, if healthy, looks to have a bright future. jmo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

You said that last year .Will get some kind of idea in a few weeks , on what Wade is thinking in the beginning . I think there will be some good competition.

Matt Longacre looks more like Chris Long , & Morgan Fox is a good looking tweener at DE/DE who plays special teams. Has a high motor & played well in the preseason for The Rams. He got called up late & I think has the speed to be a good edge rusher in a 3/4 . Should be a good competition to keep an eye on.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure he's ready to start, but he was looking quite good before the ACL during pre-season. At least a solid reserve if not starting, if healthy, looks to have a bright future. jmo

I never really noticed him in training camp & he messed up his leg right away against Dalllas . As a Volunteer he was good ? I guess . What round was he drafted & why ??

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I never really noticed him in training camp & he messed up his leg right away against Dalllas . As a Volunteer he was good ? I guess . What round was he drafted & why ??
He was a UDFA, projected as a high 7'th round SS, grading 18'th in a class of 180. Aggressive player who was well known for his pop on Pharoh Cooper, which got him ejected from the game. Fisher may have been a bad coach, but he did know Safeties and has been fairly successful in their development. Of course, Fisher was a safety himself. Randolph moves well and comes at you like a hammer. looked good in coverage the few times we got to see him. jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What about Forrest as a OLB ??

Littleton as a LBer ?

CouldnBarron be switched back to SS ? He is listed as a S/LB ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was a UDFA, projected as a high 7'th round SS, grading 18'th in a class of 180. Aggressive player who was well known for his pop on Pharoh Cooper, which got him ejected from the game. Fisher may have been a bad coach, but he did know Safeties and has been fairly successful in their development. Of course, Fisher was a safety himself. Randolph moves well and comes at you like a hammer. looked good in coverage the few times we got to see him. jmo.

Thanks - I know most of that Branden Fisher did a good job with the DB's as well. He does not flash out to me when putting on the film of Webster. I think he was an excellent FA with lots of upside.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You said that last year .Will get some kind of idea in a few weeks , on what Wade is thinking in the beginning . I think there will be some good competition.

Matt Longacre looks more like Chris Long , & Morgan Fox is a good looking tweener at DE/DE who plays special teams. Has a high motor & played well in the preseason for The Rams. He got called up late & I think has the speed to be a good edge rusher in a 3/4 . Should be a good competition to keep an eye on.
Longacre wasn't re-signed though.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
What about Forrest as a OLB ??

Littleton as a LBer ?

CouldnBarron be switched back to SS ? He is listed as a S/LB ?
Littleton is interesting because he was named by the team as their rookie of the year. We will see what role he plays with a new regime.