What Seahawks Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The first post on this thread was inspired by @CGI_Ram. (y) Our own @RamFan503 is quoted. :cool: Even the mysterious and banned Red Alice makes an appearance. Btw anyone who uses the ridiculous term "Lambs" gets zero points for creativity.
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112821

This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

Well, here we go again! I have been SO ready for this season to get underway, to help wash away that foul stench of... Well... you know. It would have been nice to start off a bit easier though! Rams and Packers? On the road? Ouch! And it will be trial by fire for our suspect o-line against St. Louis. I hope Russ makes it out alive!

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to seeing our defense in action. It looks like it could be even better, especially if Kam ever gets his butt back to where it should be, anchoring the LOB! So irritating! Can we really even call it the LOB if Kam isn't there? Anyhoo, glad to be back with ya'll for another awesome season! Let's get this thing going!
----------
Here's one Rams fan's argument for why Seattle will be worse this year:

Let's see... Lost defensive coordinator - check. Lost starting CB Byron Maxwell - check. Lost Superbowl MVP LB Malcom Smith - check. Lost pass rushing DE Schofield - check. Lost starting OG Carpenter - check. Lost center Max Unger - check. Gained TE Jimmy Graham - check.

- RamFan503

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-vs ... 511/page-3
---------
Apparently that guy has never heard of a thing called "the draft"
---------
Most of that is actually pretty amusing as an argument why Seattle will be worse.
If that's what Rams fans are being fed, well, they're in for a rude surprise.

There are however, some legit reasons Seattle could be worse:
* Russell Wilson now actually "hits" the salary cap @7M in 2015; Seattle will have $7M less to spend on talent/depth
* Yes, Loss of Unger is a factor, with much less experienced replacements.
* Inexperience/turnover on OL (but arguments why OL will be *better* are more valid, IMO)
* Injuries/holdouts/turnover/uncertainty in LOB secondary; no Kam, as of yet; Jeron Johnson still PUP; ET and Sherman recovering from offseason surgeries (Kam too, when back); turnover/communication, not so much loss of Maxwell, but overall cohesiveness, with Maxwell AND Kam not out there.

Individual items:
* Lost CB Maxwell: Ample replacements are already on the roster, e.g., Cary Williams
* Lost SB MVP LB Malcolm Smith: Smith was 2nd/3rd string in this LB corp. Kevin-Pierre Louis is a backup who is as good or better.
* Lost Pass Rushing DE Schofield: Another 2nd/3rd string guy. Rookie Frank Clark is way, way better. Overall much improved here.
* Lost starting OG Carpenter: RT Justin Britt moves to LG spot. Based on last year, expected to be markedly better overall than Carpenter.

The reasons why Seattle will be significantly better than last year, especially at playoff time, would just be scary to Rams fans who put any stock in fenderbender123's original post. A short list:
* Frank Clark, rookie DE/DT, can you say DROY? All I can say from his preseason play is WOW.
* Tyler Lockett, rookie WR/KR, Lockett has lit it up in preseason. KSU guy, so some Rams fans might know of him.
* Jimmy Graham, TE, notice I put Graham 3rd on this list?
* Better group of WR's overall; more threats
* Better pass blocking (but prob not by 1st Rams game); Wilson will at times actually have time to throw downfield
* Fred Jackson, RB, assuming he has one more season in the tank
* Bruce Irvin, in a contract year and angry about not getting a big payday extension

All that said, the Rams always play us tough, especially in their house, much respect to their team, especially that amazingly good DL they have. It will also be very interesting to see how Nick Foles does in a Rams uniform.
---------
I think there is a great chance that STL takes this game at the dome. We have problems there and I don't this year to be any different. And I could list the reasons but I won't.
---------
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112885

Don't See How We Win Next week

Kam distraction
Russell running for his life from that D line
O line not opening holes for Lynch

And for some unfathomable reason. They tend to Don to white top/grey pants vs St Louis. As successful as they have been over last three years,
They have yet to win in that combo. 0-4
Please retire that, or we are asking for trouble lol

Rams 20
Hawks 19
---------
Tyler Lockett wil score a kick return TD and a punt return TD. Hawks win 14-10
---------
I don't either. After all the Rams have the Greatest Show on Turf with Nick Foles and they have the Greatest defensive line since Hitler built the Pacific Wall. We have no talent to match that unbelievable collection of All-Pros in St Louis.

Rams 150
Seahawks 2
--------
Sorry but I have to say that this post is just plain wrong. I frankly can't see us losing this week. The Lambs are down to probably their 3rd string back with very little ito show in the passing game. If I had to predict I would say 23-10 Hawks.
---------
Rams barely won last year and they had to perfectly execute trick plays to do it.
--------
We lost last season because I went to the game. Not making the same mistake this time.

23-13 good guys.
--------
Me thinks you havent been watching the Rams this pre-season. And their only legit weapon is an unproven rookie RB who wont even be playing week 1.

All Im scared about is how many picks we'll drop. Cause Foles will make sure we get our opportunity.
--------
I just can't imagine anyone going into a season, or game, with that kind of defeatist attitude. How does one get through their daily life with such negative thoughts in their head?
---------
I see it the exact opposite. I think the Seahawks blow the doors off next week. Lambs will have no fight left by halftime. Everyone will feel MUCH better after a nice win, Kam or no Kam.
---------
I think we win, and it won't be terribly close.

34-17
---------
We win by playing Seahawks football, dominating the line of scrimmage on defense, tearing Foles' heart out and eating it.
--------
It will be a typical Seahawks game. The offense starts slow. Mind numbing play calls that take away sure TDs for field goals. Then the Seahawks dominate the 4th qtr, and win in the end.
--------
You forgot about the Rams dominant home field advantage. I hope Pete has speakers in practice this week to get the players used to the crowd noise
--------
Only the Rams D-Line is better than ours and that is very marginally right now. All other positions we're just so much better. I have a hard time seeing us losing.
---------
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with the O-line this week. Also, our D-line will dominate their woeful O-line, and Foles under pressure likes to cough up the ball. A lot. Expect 3-4 picks this game, a handful of sacks on Foles, and a nailed-on Seahawks win.
--------
Proper game planning and adjusting on the fly, an ability our coaching staff as a whole have been second to none to the last 2 years!! And be wary of any special team gimmicks Fish has up his sleeves.
---------
Frank Clark gets 2 sacks, TFLs and a forced fumble.

Hawks win big.
---------
Tough game, sure.

But I'm thinking that maybe this is the year the Hawks put enough together to be competitive in this game and maybe even a few other games this year.

We can only hope.

If the Hawks lose, hopefully it won't be a by a lot; hopefully 1 score or less. It would be nice to see a few close games this year, even if the Hawks can't win.

I still have faith in Coach Flores.
-------
We didn't see anything in preseason. Having Lynch is always crucial and expect JimmyG to have an immediate impact. Special teams should put us in some good positions as well.
-------
I think the game is a toss-up. The Rams always play us close in St Louis. Those laughing at Foles must have forgot that Austin Davis beat us last year and Kellen Clemens nearly got us the year before that.

I won't say "I don't see how we win", but the game will be close the whole way
--------
I think we can pull out a win, the Rams offense is still hot garbage, especially with no Gurley yet. So unless our special teams units lose their F'ing minds again and give up points on trick plays, should win this one 14-10 or 17-7.
--------
Nick Foles will fold under the Seahawks defense, he wasn't considered good until he was put into Chip Kelly's system, the same system that made Sanchez and Tebow look decent.

When playing tough defense he feels the pressure and will start throwing INT. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets injured in the season.

We upgraded a lot from last year, so have no fear
--------
My feel for the game.....ugly, low scoring, shit pass pro from both o-lines, Hawks starting slow in a 10:00 AM game, Fisher trying to trick Pete yet again, Lambs pulling dirty crap, etc. In other words a typical Hawks at St. Looie game.
--------
What a ridiculous thread. I'm tired of people over-rating the Rams defense into one of the all time greats. Their secondary can be exposed.

When you look under your bed at night, do you see the Rams defense? No, because they aren't boogeyman.

That defense is legit, especially the front 7. No question. They do give us fits, and with our work-in-progress offensive line that's clearly a big advantage for them.

But...that vaunted defense also hasn't won them anything. And Russell Wilson put up 420 total yards against that defense last season in St. Louis, and if not for gadgety special teams b.s. from Fisher, we would have won it.

I see a big week for the likes of Graham and Lockett. The Rams going ape shit with pressure will set up quick shots over the middle all game long.

Most importantly, without Gurley and with Nick Foles at QB (who is a work in progress learning their offense), I see our defense making it very tough on them to put up points.

We have owned the Rams since 2004, don't let them get in your head.
---------
Not saying that the Hawks O-Line will be great against the Rams D-Line, but the Hawks D-Line is no slouch, and if there's one redeeming bit of news for this game, the Rams O-Line is about 10 times worse than our O-Line. The Rams will have virtually no run game Week 1. And I see the Hawks D getting 4 or 5 interceptions. With all of the new weapons on our offense, the O-Line might even have a decent game. We haven't really even seen Lynch yet, or his effect on the O-Line play. The Rams added Foles...he should be ripe for the "picking" this year (pun intended).
--------
Dude...........hawks have wilson,lynch, jimmy g and tyler lockett. The o line isnt as bad as ppl are making it out to be. Rams dont have enough weapons to beat the hawks , hawks are too stacked. Once they get into rhythm they will destroy the rams
---------
It'll be a tough game but you can't ever count these guys out. The Seahawks will find a way to win. My prediction is 17-13 Seahawks.
--------
Next week really is going to be a tough game though. The Rams always are. For some reason, Fisher could call some ridiculously easily identifiable trick play ever single play and no one on the Hawks sideline is capable of seeing it coming. Some kind of hoodoo hex bidniss or something.
---------
Folks with all the jokes today! Got a good chuckle over this one. Well here's a neato newsflash: we saw exactly zero plays during the preseason using our actual starting offense. Zero. We saw three plays with our top three play makers together, minus the starting line. Three. We haven't even seen the real Seahawks this preseason, and guess what? Neither has any other team.

They've seen flashes of what we have. A few catches by our Pro Bowl tight end. A great catch by a new, fast wide receiver. They've seen we can blow their doors off in the return team. The Rams may have a great defense, but they don't even know what to prepare for because they haven't seen it. At all.

And we're fielding a historically great defense that is largely intact or upgraded from last year, minus one player. The Rams offense has to have a quarterback and wide receivers capable of exploiting Chancellor's absence. Do they have that? Do they have anywhere close to that?

Yeah, the Rams are traditionally tougher at home, but they've got just as many distractions as we do and probably more. A lot of question marks on the offense. A stadium (half) full of fans disappointed in their team's Decade of Disgrace™, and frankly not sure their team will even be there in a couple of years.

Sure we don't stand a chance?
---------
I think it's close, we always start out slow, I think Fisher has been sandbagging, and it's an away game. I hope they piss us off some actually, when we dial it in and turn it up we see the Hawks at our best.
---------
Our Defense is better, and thier offense is worse.

This game is all about who makes the less mistakes and who plays better on special teams.

Seahawks 23 Rams 13

For Seahawks, 1 Offensive TD and 1 ST/D TD, 3 FGs
--------
One thing is for sure... They are going to cheap shot our players. Punks
---------
Pretty much defense and special teams is going to have to win this game, sounds very similar to the start of the 2012 season. I can see it now, 1 TD by defense, 1 TD by special teams. 2 field goals by the offense.

20-13 victory...people screaming for Bevell's head

I'll consider 1-1 in the first two games a victory, if the Hawks lose to the Rams really gonna have to steal one from the Packers. But it's possible, Packers defense is NOT the Rams defense, but then again the Packers offense is a different story (but by then hopefully Kam for sure will be playing and geared up)...HOPEFULLY
---------
You know the Rams have only beat the Hawks 2/3 at home in the past 3 seasons. They are known to have one of the scariest D-lines in the NFL, the Hawks O-line is new and still figuring things out. It's not that absurd.
--------
Mason and Gurley out...Foles is a better Whitehurst but reacts the same to pressure...Wilson will be sacked about 50 times but Hawks will still win in an ugly one that is very low scoring...Hope Wilson doesn't get hurt in this one....
--------
Vegas has us 3.5 point favorites. I'm happy!
--------
It won't be easy by any means, the Rams have always played us tough in the Russell Wilson era. But lets not forget that the Rams still have plenty of problems of their own. For one, they may be down to their 3rd string RB.

It's going to be an ugly game but I think we find a way to win. We need this win big, because I really don't give us much of a chance against GB in week 2.
---------
I actually think our team will play better vs. GB than St. L. They don't match up well with the Hawks. That's been the case the last couple of years anyway.
---------
I'm calling it right now

28 -10 Seahawks
---------
Did you watch the preseason? Our line is not awesome but there actually started to play pretty well the last game. Our defense is flat out AWESOME!!!! The Rams looked pretty awful all preseason. They got lucky last year and we are better all around.
---------
The Rams are in deep trouble against our front 7...they have way worse O-Line problems than we do...they're horrible.
----------
Ok
I've been called troll for this post, suicidal etc.
Facts are the facts, so why is a predicted loss so unfathomable?

For this reason...
Fact is, the three greatest Seahawk teams in HISTORY, are 1-2 the last three games in that stadium.

For some reason, we struggle against that team on road, so I honestly don't see how people can see us running away.

Seattle clearly had better team last three seasons but our lone win came down to the final play, made by Browner in end zone, and had bill leave been the ref, there may have been pass interference call!!

My point is, wins are hard to come by in St Louis no matter who is on the field. I hope I'm wrong, but this is LAST team I'd Want to open against.
---------
Foles. He's a dead man in this division and his defensive front seven while stellar might not be the best that will be on the field at the EJ Dome on September 13th.
---------
I picked us to lose in the prediction thread, but I can easily see us win it. Rams will brutalize our oline like nobodies business. Just don't want Wilson hurt. But I think we brutalize their oline just as badly and our secondary and linebackers are notches above the Rams. So our special teams can win it.

But it's the Rams, in St. Louis. It's like Seahawks have to break a curse to win there. And it's 10AM.

I'm pretty sure the 8 Ball would agree with me. Bad Mojo.
--------
I mean I know we lost the game, but their D-line was pretty darn good last year and our O-line wasn't and Russ went for the only 300/100 game in history. Tough game for sure, but I don't see why we can't win.
-------
Is Earl going to start? I think their are two areas of concern. The trenches when we have the ball and how our secondary works together having never played a game together with all of the guys who will be on the field. It's interesting that those two units have the most turnover in personnel. Talent wise I think they will be fine, but it does make for some questions. Can't wait for Sunday to find out the answers.
-------
This team matches up well with the Rams. Their defensive line is designed to get after the passer. We will run very well against them.
---------
This game will be a defensive struggle . I do believe the Seahawks will win . But to think the OP is off base ? he is not
lets take a look at the past two seasons playing in St.Louis.

Marshawn Lynch @ St.Louis in 2014 18 rushes for 53 yards .
- Austin Davis went 17/20 with two touchdowds .. Foles > Davis
Final Score 28-26 Rams Victory .

Marshawn Lynch @ St.Louis 2013 8 rushes for 23 yards .
- Kellen Clemons 15/31 158 yards 2 ints ..Foles> Clemons
Seahawks Win 14-9

So for all of you expecting a blowout then you should wake up and realize it's going to be a close game.

Seahawks win 19-9
---------
I'm not sure how the Rams expect to score any points, so not worried at all. Hawks 17-6
---------
I would expect us to take a pretty conservative approach in this game. Might look a bit like the first half of Russell Wilson's rookie season. A lot of Lynch, a lot of screens and utilizing the quick passing game. Everyone knows that our Oline will be outmatched by STL's front 7, no need to have Russell doing 5 and 7 step drops.

In the end we should pull it out. I would expect quite a bit of field goals in this game. I just don't see how the Rams move the ball on us, and I highly doubt they catch us off guard again on a trick play.
--------
I've learned to look at the Rams road game with an underdog mentality. Russell is very nearly 0-3 in that building, and our team has averaged 12 wins a year despite that. I see it as an opportunity to add an extra win to the win column that our team usually doesn't get.

Additionally, I think the matchups favor us quite a bit in this game. Yes Russ is going to get sacked, but he averaged about 9 yards per attempt in both games against the Rams last year. And that was without Lockett and Graham. And defensively, our pass rush is going to destroy the Rams faulty OL. And Foles tends to be a terrible QB when pressured frequently. And the Rams running game? Forget it.

The Rams will need special teams magic to win. Pete knows it, and is preparing for it.
--------
I agree with this, although I do think you guys tend to over estimate your pass rush. Avril and Bennett have looked better than they really are playing the home games in Seattle IMO, but truth is we had a bad Oline last year too....in STL that pass rush wasn't much of a factor. Those guys weren't very good on their previous teams, and all of a sudden they're all pros - more to do with you guys than anything IMO. Playing DE for the Seahawks in Seattle has to be one of the easier jobs in the NFL.

Having said that, I think we're going to have to come out and throw the ball. Foles might be under some pressure, but I'm guessing the Hawks focus on stopping the run. I'd pick on Cary Williams and look for the TEs. Also should be going over the middle quite a bit with your enforcer out of the game.

In the end, the Hawks offense doesn't scare me, unless we start like we did last year, which is a real possibility. We made Cassel look like a HOF QB, so we will get destroyed if the defense doesn't come to play. I don't see how we score. Wouldn't be surprised at a game full of field goals. I actually wish this game was in Seattle, so that we could just get that game out of the way. Playing in week 1, when we almost always start slow, and have a new QB, is a recipe for disaster.

But what the heck? Got to be optimistic, right? My head says 15-6 Seattle, but my heart says 23-13 Rams -Ramfan128

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
damn...Seahawks fans calling out @RamFan503 on their own forum !!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Lol I love how high they are in rookies like Tyler Lockett. I'm not scared of him at all.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
I think the game is a toss-up. The Rams always play us close in St Louis. Those laughing at Foles must have forgot that Austin Davis beat us last year and Kellen Clemens nearly got us the year before that.

You know the Rams have only beat the Hawks 2/3 at home in the past 3 seasons. They are known to have one of the scariest D-lines in the NFL, the Hawks O-line is new and still figuring things out. It's not that absurd.

My point is, wins are hard to come by in St Louis no matter who is on the field. I hope I'm wrong, but this is LAST team I'd Want to open against.

But it's the Rams, in St. Louis. It's like Seahawks have to break a curse to win there. And it's 10AM.

Agree with all of these !!

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Lol I love how high they are in rookies like Tyler Lockett. I'm not scared of him at all.

I saw Lockett have some very nifty KR's and PR's during the preseason. He is kind of like Tavon on speed..kid is that fast

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
lol @ that guy telling people they're dumb for expecting a blow out when they couldn't even blow out a Clemens ran Rams team. The lone voice of reason in a sea of fans who've 'always' been there.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I saw Lockett have some very nifty KR's and PR's during the preseason. He is kind of like Tavon on speed..kid is that fast
I'm sure Williams is accounting for him on offense and our special teams is the best in the league.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hawk fans always act as though we didn't improve the QB position from most of the last two years. The comparison isn't between Bradford and Foles...It's between Foles and Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, and the year before Kellen Clemmens.. They act as though Foles is worse than any other starting QB in the NFL and a good number of perrenial back ups..Absolutely delusional.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Hawk fans always act as though we didn't improve the QB position from most of the last two years. The comparison isn't between Bradford and Foles...It's between Foles and Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, and the year before Kellen Clemmens.. They act as though Foles is worse than any other starting QB in the NFL and a good number of perrenial back ups..Absolutely delusional.

remember you are talking about a fan base who thinks Wilson walks on water !!!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Half of these people have only been fans for like 3 years. You can't expect them to know anything about teams outside of their own.

Big Game

Living The Dream
lol funny half there fan base was not Seahawk fans till after 2001. But hey let them have there fun. I just want to see the Rams win again at home against them. And hear all the excuses next Monday on how and why they lost.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This game will be about limiting turnovers. The Rams are not going to do a lot of scoring and the defense should be up for this game keeping scoring low.

Seahawks are gonna see a lot of runs and screens. Hope they hit on their deep shots but Seattle does such a great job at safety keepin the play in front of them I doubt it will be there much.

Rams are gonna need to drive the field for their points IMO. Foles battle tested right out the gate hope he is ready.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
tumblr_lt34x92eVA1qkfc2n_zpsaa610418.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey, I grabbed Frank Clark for my mock draft for the Packers....3rd round....I guess I should be a GM or something....

Interesting to see how fans are indeed fanatical....This should be a tight game...Tavon & Lockett will prove to be the difference....best ST play wins.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
LOL, they just like to bash the Rams, period. Last year they kept hoping like hell that the Rams would hold onto Bradford because he's a terrible QB, now that we have Foles HE is the terrible QB. I hope the Rams beat the hell out of them. I can't stand their fans.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
LOL, they just like to bash the Rams, period. Last year they kept hoping like hell that the Rams would hold onto Bradford because he's a terrible QB, now that we have Foles HE is the terrible QB. I hope the Rams beat the hell out of them. I can't stand their fans.

You test Seahawks fans by asking them who Steve Largent is. If they don't know, they hopped on in the Russel Wilson era.