What Seahawks Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well I guess I hang out in the wrong places (understandable). My experience are my facts. The reason Im even on this board is because I literally have 1 friend that's a rams fan and my brother. Idk how old you guys are but I'm assuming you are older than I am, ive been a rams guy by defualt because i support all my st. Louis teams but i have been a real fan... I mean when my blood turned blue... maybe 8 years ago. Back in 99 when the GSOT were rocking I was a kid. But I do remember EVERYONE talking about the rams. I remember the rams were the talk of the town... along with the cardinals, the blues, and Nelly (actually went to school with his step sister)... To go back even further in school it was 1 guy who was a die hard rams fan. He knew in 98 we just needed a qb and a rb but he was a Tony banks fan lol. Anyway when your winning everyone loves you and when your losing people jump ship. My intent was not to down anyone but to tell people that don't know, about St. Louis that RedAlice's experience talking to random people about the rams isn't far fetched in here. And this is a baseball... not saying there is no place for football but it's true anyone who lives here knows how deep the cardinal love is... remember when they needed a new stadium and threatened to move to east st. Louis (which is in Illinois)? Lol I can't recall anyone saying let them go I remember people saying we need them downtown that can't go over there!

But it is far fetched and you are downing people who live here. Its not realistic to go around basically the same parts of the town and ask if the losingest team of the '00s is as popular as one of the most successful baseball teams in the same time, and then pretend that means something in regards to the quality of the fan base.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Half of these people have only been fans for like 3 years. You can't expect them to know anything about teams outside of their own.

th

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But it is far fetched and you are downing people who live here. Its not realistic to go around basically the same parts of the town and ask if the losingest team of the '00s is as popular as one of the most successful baseball teams in the same time, and then pretend that means something in regards to the quality of the fan base.

But...it does. NFL preseason games get more ratings on TV than regular season baseball games.

Think about it from the NFL's perspective - with that fact, and very few (if any) other markets "losing" to baseball, why have a team there? It's not a knock on you - or anyone else on this board - it's a knock on the people of St. Louis who are not on this board...the one's that are not Rams fans.

It's silly to bash Stan or any owner in this instance - regardless of how the team performs, if you don't get fans in the dome, you're going to move. The attendance numbers are grossly skewed by how many opposing fans go to the dome.

I believe STL football fans are awesome.....there just aren't enough.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
But...it does. NFL preseason games get more ratings on TV than regular season baseball games.

Think about it from the NFL's perspective - with that fact, and very few (if any) other markets "losing" to baseball, why have a team there? It's not a knock on you - or anyone else on this board - it's a knock on the people of St. Louis who are not on this board...the one's that are not Rams fans.

It's silly to bash Stan or any owner in this instance - regardless of how the team performs, if you don't get fans in the dome, you're going to move. The attendance numbers are grossly skewed by how many opposing fans go to the dome.

I believe STL football fans are awesome.....there just aren't enough.

No.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Robert Quinn is the sort of explosive pass rusher who justifies moving Justin Britt to LG and starting Gilliam at RT. For a 4-3 DE, he is incredibly athletic and quick off the ball. He combined that explosiveness with violent hand work to become one of the game's scariest pass rushers. Quinn often rushes from the right side against the QB's blindside, and Okung is the prototypical LT with the power and length to match Quinn step for step. You can see here how Okung typically uses his length, athleticism, and power to anchor against Quinn, keeping the pocket clean for Wilson:

pYylezo.gif
What this 'Hag Fan Fails To point out is, in this gif, Okung may have been able to keep Quinn from Wison on this "one play", Long, at the same time, was right-in Wisons Face!!
And don't forget we probably average Sacking Wilson 3+ times a game!!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The REASON I am here is that is/was a troll free zone. What the hell is going on?!?!? Why is it open season on my home town now? ... in a thread about the seabitches no less.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
To watch video click the link below.
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/10/9308423/seahawks-rams-preview-podast

The Seahawks are preparing to play their first game of the 2015 season on Sunday morning and it comes in a place that still leaves a bad taste in our mouths: In St. Louis against the Rams.

Despite their continued ineptitude for the last 10+ years, the Rams have done a decent job of being a prickly thorn in Pete Carroll's side for the last four years, resulting in a painful loss last season. To talk us through this game is Joe McAtee from Turf Show Times, helping us get a better idea of everything you need to know about St. Louis. Such as their great defensive line, their inexperienced offensive line, their banged up running backs, their QB who hasn't looked very good, an odd collection of skill players, and much more.
-----------
http://www.scout.com/nfl/seahawks/story/1585501-three-key-matchups-st-louis-rams

USATSI_8153091.jpg

Courtesy of USA Today Sports Images

Three Key Matchups: St. Louis Rams
ROB RANG

To escape St. Louis with a victory on Sunday, the Seahawks must be able to contain Rams star second-year defensive tackle Aaron Donald. Of course, last year's top-ranked defense poses tough matchups for the Rams young offensive line, as well. In what is likely to be a defensive battle, one or two big red zone plays from Jimmy Graham could prove the difference.

As much as any other professional sport, the NFL is a team game. No one player can be successful without the assistance of others. That said, individual matchups can and do determine winners and losers on a weekly basis.

Sure, superstars Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch could be called keys in every game but let's dig deeper. The goal here is to identify three critical one-on-one matchups (that few others are talking about) which will likely determine whether or not the Seahawks emerge victorious.

Matchup No. 1: Seahawks LG Justin Britt vs. Rams DT Aaron Donald

Seattle's loss in St. Louis a year ago is perhaps best remembered for special teams trickery but don't forget about the spectacular performance Donald enjoyed against then-starting left guard James Carpenter and the Seahawks. The rookie was "only" credited with five tackles and a sack but in reality, he was much more disruptive than that. Stopping Donald from ruining the inside running game and terrorizing Russell Wilson should be Priority No. 1 for the Seahawks.

At "just" 6-1, 285 pounds, Donald is much smaller and quicker than most NFL defensive tackles. This poses a problem for Britt, who whose height at 6-6 makes it difficult for him to win the leverage battle and isn't used to playing in close quarters after spending the past few years at tackle for the Seahawks and previously at Missouri.

When Britt is able to latch on, he's generally quite effective. Donald has the burst to penetrate gaps before interior linemen can grab hold of him, however, and he chops his hands, making him a virtual bowling ball of butcher knives.

When combined with former NFL sack leader Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Chris Long and free agent addition Nick Fairley (among others), the Rams boast the fearsome front that can take over this game and steal a victory over the favored Seahawks. Even worse, there is the nightmare scenario in which Wilson, Lynch or someone else in Seattle's backfield gets hurt if the Rams are able to feast on Seattle's inexperienced offensive line.

Matchup No. 2: Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, Frank Clark vs. Rams RT Rob Havenstein

While the Seahawks should be very concerned about its own offensive line, the Rams must be worried about theirs, as well, especially with two rookies expected to start against a Seattle pass rush that looks improved from last year's top-ranked defense. Right tackle Rob Havenstein draws the toughest assignment and isn't helped much by the Rams' relatively immobile quarterback Nick Foles.

Like many of the Wisconsin offensive linemen before him, the 6-7, 321 pound Havenstein is at his best driving defenders off the ball in the running game. He's massive but not particularly strong (20 reps of 225 pounds at his Pro Day after 16 at the Combine) or long (33 3/4" arms), which means that the relatively undersized Bennett and Clark may be able to hold up against him in this regard.

Whether successful containing the run or not, Bennett and Clark should be able to beat Havenstein on passing downs. Each is quicker than Havenstein and possesses the core strength, agility and polished counter-moves to give the rookie nightmares. Havenstein has struggled in the preseason (team-leading two sacks allowed in just 35 snaps in pass protection) and his help at right guard - veteran Rodger Saffold is attempting to come back after missing all but the first series of the preseason after aggravating his surgically-repaired shoulder.

St. Louis has another rookie - Jamon Brown - projected to start at left guard, where he too may see more than he'd like of Bennett or Clark when either of them line up at defensive tackle on obvious pass-rushing downs.

Matchup No. 3: Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham vs. Rams OLB Alec Ogletree

St. Louis' defensive line gets all of the attention but the Rams boast one of the more underrated linebacker corps in the NFL, as well. Ogletree is one of the linebackers athletic enough to run with Graham and he's highly physical, as well. Fortunately for Seattle, while athletic, Ogletree hasn't developed into a reliable pass defender. He rated lowest among the Rams linebackers a year ago, according to Pro Football Focus, registering a -6.5 grade in 500 opportunities in coverage.

Of course, the Seahawks made the big trade for Graham to exploit precisely these types of matchups. It isn't just his remarkable 4.53 speed Graham possesses but the unique body control that comes with his massive 6-7, 265 pound frame. Even when covered, Graham has already demonstrated the hand-eye coordination, agility and balance to pull down contested grabs.

Most of the football-loving world saw the problems the Pittsburgh Steelers had in containing Rob Gronkowski Thursday night in the NFL opener. Graham isn't likely to score three touchdowns in his Seahawks debut but you can bet that he'll get most of Wilson's looks when throwing near the end zone.
---------
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=569375

WK1 GDT: Seahawks @ Rams

earl-thomas-chris-givens-richard-sherman-byron-maxwell-nfl-st.-louis-rams-seattle-seahawks-850x560.jpg

I remember that ridiculous play. What a stupid throw.
icon_lol.gif

O-line faces their biggest test in week 1. I just hope Russ doesnt get hurt because of them.
-------
I can't wait for Sunday! It's going to be interesting to see how the offense does. Lot of concern about the o-line and we struggled to find a rhythm in pre season. Looking forward to seeing Graham and hopefully what Lockett can do on offense
-------
5 Things I'll be watching:

1. Oline Run Push (sruggled all preseason against starters)
2. Graham/Wilson Connection
3. Tyler Lockett everywhere
4. LBer Corps, which I expect to be our strongest unit this season
5. Jordan Hill and how he bounces back from the injury
---------
I shudder at the thought of how many false starts we're going to see this Sunday with this young line. Oddly enough I still expect the penalties to be led by okung
icon_lol.gif

---------
Im really hoping the passing game is on point. Since its the regular season our playbook should be wide open now. :eyeroll:

Also looking forward to seeing Dion against the ones. He looked a lot faster than Kam but obviously not as strong a tackler. He will hit you as hard as he can though. Wouldnt be surprised if he hurts himself out there.
--------
Things I want to watch in this game.

1 - Clark, Marsh, KPL, Bailey and Lockett in an actual NFL game
2 - Drive sustainability.
3 - 3rd down and red zone offense.
4 - Britt and Gillian on run blocking.
5 - Wilson to Graham.

I'm very anxious about Bailey at SS. I hope he is a stud. Kam Chancellor won't ever be the leader he once was if he holds up more, which means most of his value is gone. If we sustain elite defensive production without Chancellor, I'm all in for a trade involving Kam.
--------
The rams play us better than any team in the division (and probably the league). They cause so many problems for our oline and Wilson, it's going to be a brutal game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks for the Davis tackle loop. Makes me laugh & cringe every time I watch it.Poor Laverne was never quite the same after TJ (TugJob) McDonald um....manhandled him, was he ?!
Ahhhh, TugJob!!! I like that!! Good one....The elephant in the room....Kam isn't there...Bevel made a boneheaded call in the SB (I almost think it was some Vegas, mafioso, cash grab type shit going on...I think I lost almost a $1M ROD dollars...LOL!! The team that loses a SB is usually screwed, and mentally fucked...
I don't think with all this, plus their O-Line is worse ( Russell will do magic, and that game last night made me think, O-lines aren't that difficult to gel, or maybe those defenses suck)...but I just see a Ram dominion type game....48-0..The more I think about it...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Out of all the people I ever worked with in the last maybe 7yrs I have met 3 rams fans. When I go to the barbershop there are just a few fans. Any time I'm out and about which is 75 percent of the time and football comes up most people down the rams. Hell when I play madden online I have met 2 fans. If there is a game on at a bar of course there are more fans but just casually talking to people I have encountered few fans over the years. Even the fans I have ran across, we talk about the lack of st lousians being fans. But no matter where you go there are groves of cards fans. This is a baseball town I wish people like the rams like that. I wonder sometimes what it would feel like to be in a city like Pittsburgh or green bay (whatever city that's in or is that even a city?) Or Dallas where the love of their team is undeniably... just like the baseball cardinals. As a st lousian how many people have you talked to that don't like the rams and how many don't like the catdinals? I have never met a person who hates or downs the cardinals here... EVER!
Not sure what this has to do with what Seattle fans are saying. How about you drop it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/11/9311099/seahawks-rams-preview-3-things-to-watch

3 Things to watch for in the Seahawks matchup with the St. Louis Rams
By Evan Hill@evan_hill1 on Sep 11, 2015

usa-today-8771162.0.jpg

Dion Bailey
It’s official. Kam Chancellor is missing the first game of the regular season. This comes as a shock to many (and even some within the Seahawks organization, it sounds like) – as many wondered if Kam would be willing to miss a game check of more than $267,000. Well, he hasn’t shown up...and Pete officially ruled him out this last week in a press conference.

Who knows when Kam will show up? But for now – we’ve got football to play. Dion Bailey will be replacing Kam at strong safety. He’s been one of the stars of training camp and the preseason – making play after play to prove that he deserves a shot with the starting members of the Legion of Boom. He’ll start alongside of Cary Williams, Earl Thomas, and Richard Sherman. The coaching staff seems really excited about Dion.

I'll be watching to see how Dion plays in coverage, and if he delivers any big hits reminiscent of the Seahawks' normal enforcer in Chancellor. He’ll have to make some plays to solidify his presence on the Legion of Boom. He’s got some big shoes to fill. Bring the boom, Dion.

Cary Williams
The Hawks signed Cary in the offseason to a three-year deal – replacing departing corner Byron Maxwell (who joined the Eagles). Cary is a big question mark entering the season. Plagued by his sour reputation from Philly, Cary will have a lot to prove entering the season. Can he hold up?

Watch to see if Nick Foles attempts to pick on him (is it possible for Nick Foles to pick on a corner? Is that a thing??). Either way, Cary will surely be tested on opening day as the starter at corner opposite of Richard Sherman. He’ll have to take away the deep ball and limit the catches on him if he wants to keep his job. If he doesn’t play well, there’s a decent chance fans will be clamoring for his replacement.

The entire offensive line (you knew this was coming)
The offensive line has looked good at times during the preseason – but also, occasionally horrific. With the Justin Britt switch to left guard, with Garry Gilliam replacing him at tackle, Seahawks OL coach Tom Cable may have found the winning combination. But that may be a little optimistic.

Many would say the Rams have the best defensive line in football. The Seahawks offensive line will likely receive their greatest test week one of the season. Watch to see how the line holds up in pass protection and if they give any holes to Marshawn Lynch. Russell Wilson will need a little time to throw if he wants to begin establishing his connection with Jimmy Graham in the regular season.
----------
Jeff Fisher on playing Seahawks this Sunday
Jeff Fisher on playing Seattle

He hints at what we can expect, hope the hawks have seen this.
---------
I expect the RBs to have a big day
not rushing the ball, but receiving. I think we’re going to see a lot of screens and dump offs into the flat to try an counter-act the aggressiveness of their D-line.
-------
It will be interesting to see if the Rams just bring 4 in this game and play containment with the LB’s. They have more than enough talent, like Seattle, to be disruptive with a 4 man rush and in the past they’ve been disciplined enough to play containment well to limit Wilson and the short screens.

I think the key in this one will be Lynch getting his touches and hopefully guys like Graham/Lockett/Baldwin being safety nets to make big plays. This might be a game where a couple big plays will produce enough points to win. Hopefully that will be Seattle.
--------
I'm definitely most worried about the secondary
I can’t say I’m optimistic about how I think Williams/Burley/Bailey will do. If Chancellor were in, I’d be a lot less worried, but after being spoiled the last 3 seasons, the drop off in talent for this current group might mean bad things. With that said, the improvement on what looks like will be a very good front 7 will hopefully mask the early deficiencies in the secondary until Chancellor eventually comes back and Lane eventually returns later in the season.

I’m not overly worried about the OL. I fully expect them to get pushed around in this game simply because of who they’re facing. I’ll hold judgement until later in the season unless Wilson gets sacked on every drop back. For me, the guys to watch are definitely Lockett and Clark. I hope we have 2 new studs on our hands rather than a preseason mirage.
-------
I'm ecstatic about the LB group and DL
Adding in Rubin, Marsh, and Clark along with a healthy Hill has me thinking this will be the deepest rotation yet. And all 3 LB’s finally seem to be entering a point in their careers where they’ll be peaking. That unit is downright freaky.

My optimism is that SF/CAR/etc have had very good front 7’s like this in the years past with big holes in the secondary and still been challenging for top 2-5 overall and Seattle still have 2 and hopefully 3 all pros in the secondary on the team.

Still, I’m a little worried about Thomas. He’ll be playing with a harness and none of us really know how he’ll be early in the season because of his injury. It shall be interesting to watch them. I have a feeling they’ll be in Foles’s face enough to really make things hard on him and I’m not sure I believe they’ll be able to run much against the Seahawks front with Mebane back.
--------
they might try and test earl but then i think about who the rams have outside of gurley that is like physically imposing on offense and i drew a blank
--------
They could try to run a TE at him
The 49ers have done that to him in the past with success. Another option would be to have Britt go deep middle. He’s a pretty big guy.
--------
I am hoping
the Hawks would have a good game plan, that plays away from the Rams DL…quick passes, screens…not forcing Lynch up he middle. I think F-Jack plays a key role as do the TEs.
--------
This isn't a concern, but rather something I'm excited to watch
It seems clear that the Seahawks consciously decided to go vanilla with Jimmy Graham in the preseason (not that the #1 offense did much of anything in the passing game). In fact, in his Wednesday presser Jeff Fisher flat-out acknowledged that we’d strategically kept him under wraps so far. So what wrinkles will we see on Sunday? Will they open up the playbook? Will they even have a chance to, given the expected pass rush of the Rams? I can’t wait to find out.
---------
graham has historically not performed well against the rams
no tds in the last three years against them i think.

we’ll definitely see some new stuff with jimmy in this game but i am thinking he won’t be a massive factor in this game except perhaps in the red zone.

ogletree is about as good as you could hope for outside maybe kuechly and levy as far as LBs to cover graham, and tj mcdonald is pretty durn good. ultimately i want to see us pass protect a little, attack the rams on the sideline, and run the ball well.
-------
The Rams are very good at covering TE's with their LB's
I won’t be surprised if Graham is largely a non factor and then has a breakout game against the Packers or Bears the following weeks. If he does find a way to do damage against the Rams, I think it will be easy to assume it’s going to be a very long year for defenses trying to game plan for Wilson/Lynch/Graham and the other underrated guys like Baldwin and perhaps Lockett.
-------
Shall be interesting to see their alignments
The Seahawks are fortunate that they have a freakish amount of weapons they can throw out and have to rotate them (Lynch, Graham, Willson, Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Matthews). I won’t be surprised if we see Wilson just tossing balls up to the big guys with the expectation they’ll win at least a few. That’s a style of play he hasn’t been able to do since coming to the NFL. I just don’t think the Rams secondary is good enough to cover Graham, Willson, Matthews, and let’s say a Lockett play after play.
--------
I've heard Rams fans are extremely pleasant to be around in their home stadium.
I don’t know if this is true or not.
--------
For us to lose this game I think the front 7 would have to be really disappointing
The Rams OL is probably worse than ours, we’ve got depth at every position, a lot of flexibility (especially if Clark can play DT on some snaps)…I know people will talk about Kam a lot if it’s a close loss but to me the front seven will control the game if they play like we expect.
--------
Not only is their OL probably worse than ours
Their QB is worse than ours, their WRs are probably worse than ours, their TEs are worse than ours, and their secondary is worse than ours.
--------
Three things I'm going to be looking for...
Will RW and JFG make the Rams pay for stopping Lynch…And will they hook up in the red zone for a score or two (or three)? I mean…Jimmy fucking Graham! He’s a Seahawk and the games count. I think we’ll see a BUNCH of stuff that wasn’t in the fake games.

Will the Seahawks front 7 on D get to Foles again and again? I think the Hawks pass rush may be on the verge of something really special. Imagine Irvin, Bennett, Clark and Avril all racing to see who can get to Foles first. Look! It’s a four way tie!

How will Tyler Lockett make my jaw drop this game? He’s done it every preseason game and I don’t see any reason for him to stop.
--------
One thing I haven't heard mentioned: how will Russ handling OL calls affect his play?
I was a little disconcerted to hear Bevell talk about the added responsibility Wilson will have with making the OL calls/adjustments. I’m hoping that his experience will allow him to do this without adversely affecting his play. The thing is, I’m not sure we’ll know what kind of effect it had, if at all.

I do think expecting Nowak and this OL to do well with the Rams and their inevitable blitzing is a bit much. I feel like they’re bound to have significant lapses, and I’m trying to prepare myself for that.
--------
This is my expectation for how the Oline will hold up:
200.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Seahawks are fortunate that they have a freakish amount of weapons they can throw out and have to rotate them (Lynch, Graham, Willson, Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Matthews)

I musta missed something. Outside of Lynch and Graham, who haven't exactly played their best against the Rams, I don't see any of those guys scaring DC's around the league.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
How upset are these guys now?

I imagine based on seeing their posts that they will not give the Rams credit for the game at all. Even though the Rams outplayed them and let them stay in the game with turnovers and the td allowed on the punt return.