What Packers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its going to be a tough game.
Everyone wants to talk about AR, but don't sleep on Lacy either. He's no slouch.

We can beat the Pac, though. Their oline is going to be abused. AR will too if he doesn't get the ball out in less than 2 seconds.
Rattling AR is key. We can't let him get comfortable or he'll pick us apart. He's the best QB in the game imo.
I like our run D against the bigger power backs. It's the scatback, speed guys that give us problems.

Rainram

Starter
The Rams will be coming in with Gregg Williams, he of New Orleans "Bountygate" infamy, as their defensive coordinator.

Best be watching for some extracurricular activity about Aaron Rodgers.

People will never let this go.:rolleyes:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, I'm on the FB bandwagon most times. Definitely with Mason and Cunningham, but he might just slow Gurley down. Dude has vision and change of direction and gets damn small when he needs to (college days). I would help the line block but wait to see if Gurley actually needs a lead blocker.
I examined the significant Gurley plays, and in his first big run, Harkey went into the hole first, taking Kevin Minter (ILB) out of the play....In a different play, Harky pulled far right to block on the edge, but Gurley with excellent vision, cut inside for another 1st down...On another run, Harkey crosses over left to block Calais Campbell (I think), helping to open the hole for Gurley...So of the six highlight plays, one of which is a screen. 3 of the 5 Harkey is heavily involved. Depending how you look at it, Harkey opened that first level so Gurley could attack the 2nd level in two of the three plays he was invoved in...I think Harkey doing this works...Take a look yourself...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdKlS5tMm0Q&feature=player_embedded

RamzFanz

Damnit
I saw one play where Harkey contributed to the run. Am I wrong? Which others?

I love me some FB, but some runners need help on the line at the snap far more than a lead blocker. I still think Gurley is one of those.

This goes back to his college days too. Throw everything at the line, let Gurley sort it out.

Either way, love me some Gurley!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone know why the Rams/Packers game is on CBS this Sunday?

probably because nobody wants to watch afc games. cbs must have caused a bit of a stink to get better coverage for it's network.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
MAN, they're still mad at fans on their board from 2001?!? Memory like an elephant....They're in for a big surprise with our wr's and run game...Better hope Rodgers makes it outta this one alive personally.
The Rams kicked the shit out of Favre and the Packers that year in the playoffs in the dome.
45-17
It was beautiful.

Full game HERE commercial free

Last edited:

iced

I examined the significant Gurley plays, and in his first big run, Harkey went into the hole first, taking Kevin Minter (ILB) out of the play....In a different play, Harky pulled far right to block on the edge, but Gurley with excellent vision, cut inside for another 1st down...On another run, Harkey crosses over left to block Calais Campbell (I think), helping to open the hole for Gurley...So of the six highlight plays, one of which is a screen. 3 of the 5 Harkey is heavily involved. Depending how you look at it, Harkey opened that first level so Gurley could attack the 2nd level in two of the three plays he was invoved in...I think Harkey doing this works...Take a look yourself...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdKlS5tMm0Q&feature=player_embedded

Kendricks was a big part of those too, particularly the cut back run

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It wasn't deleted. It was locked by yours truly with an explanation. Threads like this one and several others here are traditions and need to be done the right way. A thread like this takes a lot of time and work to start and maintain. Posting a link doesn't cut it. Most members won't even bother to click the link and then the thread dies.

If someone wants to take this thread off my hands, fine. Just let me know. But then you'll need to go through every opposing teams forums every day, look for any pertinent posts concerning the Rams, copy, paste, and post them in the thread, and then monitor the thread itself in case people are at each other's throats. Any takers, hmm?
I don't think so! Carry on, good Sir, carry on.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm certainly happy about last week, and this is a totally winnable game for us. Despite what everyone says. But I must admit after the Redskins shaming I am reluctant to talk a lot of trash. Seems like every time the fan base gets fired up and talking, karma smacks us. I'd say I'm quietly confident. I hope the Rams feel the same, because when they are brimming with overconfidence they play like shit. Quiet confidence.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i wanna keep seeing more of the power formations with Harkey or Kendricks back there to block for Gurley. if not them then keep getting Tavon in motion to really keep them on their heals

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Didn't Michael Brockers dominate T.J. Lang a couple years ago when we played GB?

He did dominate Lang. But Bulaga dominated Long that day also. Quinn also had a good game that day. He had like 2 sacks and I think he was up against Newhouse that game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
My neighbors 5 houses down fly a packers flag. My kids and I are planning a covert sidewalk chalk mission to redecorate their driveway for this weekend.

Mwahahahahahahaha.

:heh:

jap

Legend
I saw one play where Harkey contributed to the run. Am I wrong? Which others?

I love me some FB, but some runners need help on the line at the snap far more than a lead blocker. I still think Gurley is one of those.

This goes back to his college days too. Throw everything at the line, let Gurley sort it out.

Either way, love me some Gurley!

I agree. TGII's vision, power, & sheer balance makes up for a lead fullback in most instances.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wait did I actually read one idiot say that the Packers would be ignored by the media and that 2 other teams would be the media darling?

Wow not sure what rock this individual is living under to not know that the Packers are the NFL's media darling. The rest is the normal mix I'd expect to see. A bunch thinking they'll beat us senseless and win by 14+. Some acknowledging we have some skilled players and could make this a game. The comments on Fisher could come from The Rams or Titans message boards :D

My only wish is that we keep this competitive from start to finish then see the reaction of the people who say we have no chance. They'll most likely offer excuses instead of giving out any credit. I look forward to this game. While there are no moral victories as a fan I want a competitive game that Rams fans can be happy with. We don't need to get our butts handed to us and be embarrassed. Some ball control with Gurley from the get go, no bad 1st half. Pressure Rodgers and don't make stupid penalties on defense.
Just goes to show....its about perception.
Most fans think their team is either ignored or is attacked in the media, regardless of who they are.
I actually heard a co worker complaining to a Jags fan about how the Broncos are treated in the national media.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I like our run D against the bigger power backs. It's the scatback, speed guys that give us problems.
I do as well. We usually do a great job at stopping guys like Lynch.
That Washington game was Bazaarro, Rams run D.
It pissed me off seeing a power runner handle our D the way he did.

They better be ready for Lacy this week. I don't want to see a repeat of that game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=570661

GDT Week 5 • NOON • Rams (2-2) at Packers (4-0)

Most Important Element to Victory
Contain Donald, Quinn and co.
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif

51% [ 15 ]
Win the TO battle
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif

10% [ 3 ]
Turn the heat up on Foles
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif

13% [ 4 ]
Limit Gurley
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif

20% [ 6 ]
Pound the rock with Lacy
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif

3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 29
---------
After saving his job last week Jeff Fisher will go back to being a [inappropriate/removed] show. Mark. It. Down.

Also how can we lose to a RB that is so girly?
-------
Which Rams D shows up will be a deciding factor, the one that has given up 295 yards on the ground and 5 YPC to the Cardinals and Redskins? Or the one that contained Marshawn Lynch and LeVeon Bell nicely?

Nothing about the Rams really scares me other than that front 4. They are really good. Weak at the skills, young on the OL, average at QB. If we contain Gurley we should be OK.
-------
Absolutely. Donald will have his own hands full with Sitton and Linsley, so it won't be as much of an issue as it could be for other teams. Quinn could give Barclay fits though.
-------
Thought Quinn plays pretty much all of his snaps at RDE? Bakhtiari is going to have a rough week for sure. For once I hope we actually help our OT's more than a few plays here and there. I could see the Packers running more screens & slants than normal in the first half too.
-------
Rams are such a strange team. I have zero read on this.
--------
Same feels, but man, it comes down to #12 every week. Think we put up 27+ this week and hold STL to fewer than 17. Just don't see Foles and that offense being explosive enough to exploit the few weaknesses this defense has.

Plus Lambeau has to be at least a 6-point advantage for us
icon_lol.gif

--------
I feel like we might be able to get Foles a couple times. I'm not super impressed with him.
--------
I'm not worried about the outcome, but I do worry about Bakh and Barclay trying to block Long and Quinn. I expect a lot of extra help on the edges, and Bakh to rack up flags again.
---------
Houston-Hali > Quinn-Long IMO.

It's the Brockers-Donald combo that scares me. We have probably the best interior OL in the NFL, boys need to bring it Saturday.
-------
Only real concern I have in this is the OL vs the Rams pass rush

We talk about the Packers pass rush....well, Rams are tied with GB in sacks with 17(2nd in NFL only behind Denver). They get after the QB big time
--------
We can keep that pass rush at bay if we pound the ball. I want 30 carries from Lacy and Starks. Our screen game has been great with Lacy too, need to get back to that.

I don't think they'll have their best LB Ogletree, Richard Rodgers could have a juicy matchup this week.
--------
I cant see how they score on us. Gurley is good, but their line is garbage.
--------
Believe me, I know and believe in how good this team is, but I feel like one of these weeks we're simply going to lose the battle of attrition and drop a game. Just having Cobb, Lacy, Burnett, Bahk (reportedly hurt but not disclosing), Bulaga, and Adams all in various states of banged up - it's tough to grit out wins the way we have.

Mind you I don't think this is the week it happens, but they're no slouches, so I could see them keep it close with us.
--------
as for the game, packers 31 - rams 24. im predicting a close game, but we come through with the dubya thanks to nick foles playing like vintage nick foles.

in other words, he throws 2 picks and/or gives away a fumble. we win the turnover battle which inevitably leads to one of those mishaps turning into rodgas throwing a 34 yard touchdown pass to james jones. lambeau goes crazy, we gain the momentum, game turns into a blowout.

... im changing my prediction to packers 38 - rams 21.
--------
we need to beat up Foles. We do that and we win the defensive battle. Offensively, we need to keep Aaron upright and successfully pound the ball.
---------
jrry32 - Foles is the definition of inconsistent. Looks amazing at times (2nd half vs. Arizona; Seattle game) and looks terrible at other times (Washington/Pittsburgh/Arizona 1st half).

He's in a new system so I'm hoping he'll be more amazing than terrible from here on out but I never know what to expect with him. At times, he has terrible happy feet whenever he's blitzed. At other times, he stands in and throws dimes while under pressure.

Our secondary is actually pretty damn good. LB core took a huge hit with the loss of Ogletree. Offensively, Austin is breaking out this year. And Gurley...well...I'll let this speak for itself:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdKlS5tMm0Q

As for the OL, they're competent in pass protection. Run blocking has been awful...until the 2nd half vs. Arizona.
--------
The Rams are 3rd worst in the league in terms of average time of possession. The Packers goal is always to run as many possible plays of offense. I believe we control the clock and score about 24 points, while holding the rams to 10 to 13. Therefore, i voted that we need to stop Gurley. Stop the run, win TOP.
--------
jrry32 - Or it's because you haven't played any good/great offenses. Not that the Rams will change that but it's not like you've played New England, Pittsburgh (with Ben), Arizona, etc. The only offense you've played this year that ranks in the top half of the league in PPG is KC. And as yall have so accurately pointed out, they're the kings of "garbage time" scoring.
--------
I'd feel a lot different if this game was in STL. In GB, we win by 7.
-------
jrry32 - That's actually very nice of you.
icon_wink.gif

If I were a GB fan, I'd probably have the Packers winning by like 14.

Your defense was 14th in DPPG Allowed last year. Stop complaining. It's not like you were the #1 defense in the NFL last year and nobody is giving you respect. Arizona's defense was #8 in DPPG Allowed last year and #6 the year before. They've earned the respect.

Denver is a bit of a different story but they're #1 in yards per game allowed which is going to get them respect.

If you continue to earn it, people will give your defense their due. I don't even understand how a fan of such a consistently great team can have a huge inferiority complex.
--------
The far better team at home where the Lambeau dominance is being reestablished. Yeah this will be a comfortable win. This team is rolling and will not have a let down now. Foles is a statue and that will not bode well going against a DL mauling opposing OL right now.
--------
jrry32 - Foles isn't mobile in the Colin Kaepernick sense but he's good at maneuvering the pocket and keeping sacks to a minimum. Plus, our young OL has been surprisingly competent in pass pro. We're tied for 7th in fewest sacks allowed (with 6 allowed) and around a third to half of the sacks we have allowed were due to mistakes handling stunts or blitzes from one of our young OLs.(leading to a guy coming unblocked or nearly unblocked)

Packers have an awesome pass rush this year so it'll be interesting to see that match-up because the Rams OL and Foles have been a very pleasant surprise in their ability to minimize sacks.

I also have to say that Eddie Lacy reminds me a lot of Jerome Bettis because he looks out of shape (I mean the guy has a gut) yet still has impressive burst and very quick/bouncy feet.
---------
how has foles in particular been doing throwing the ball this season? ive never been sold on him as a passer, even when he was with the eagels, but the intangibles were there. basically, he was too erratic for my liking.

im just wondering if hes still been like that so far this season. i remember him never begin afraid to throw the deep ball, and actually throwing some absolutely perfect deep passes, only to become more sporadic and the games wears on. just wondering if you still have seen glimpses of that since hes been with the rams.
--------
I've watched all of Foles games this year and the dude is streaky as hell. He'll drop a bunch in the bucket (which is how they've won some games they "shouldn't" have - not something I necessarily agree with, as I think there's a good team somewhere in there), but then he goes on streaks where he's off. And when he's off, the gameplan seems to remain the same. I get the feeling that the coaches don't do him any favors sometimes?

He's not Kaepernick, where nearly every pass of any difficulty has been off the mark, but he's not a model of consistency at all.
--------
jrry32 - So your observations are very accurate.

Yea, he does like throwing deep...but it tends to hang and he hasn't been super accurate thus far.(although, he had a perfect deep ball to Austin against Arizona)

He's a tough guy to get a feel for. You just don't know who will show up each week. I'm hoping Gurley will continue to run wild so less weight will be put on Foles's shoulders.

When he's on, he's seriously good. Like you understand why he went to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago. When he's off, he looks like the 2014 Rams' QBs.(and that's not a pretty sight)
icon_lol.gif

--------
Foles has a mean deep ball. Like, one of the best in the league. The one good year he had in Philly they led the league in explosive plays and he was hitting a ton of deep passes down the field.

I'm not too impressed with their weapons, other than Gurley of course. He's going to be a problem. It'll be important to get off to a fast start (per usual at Lambeau) so Foles has to rely more on his arm instead of handing it off to Gurley.

Their defensive line is seriously scary. Going to be a great test for our OL. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few promising drives stall/die because their DL dominates. I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I think we'll be in a comfortable lead for most of the game and kill the game with Lacy and Starks.
-------
What you aren't understanding is that Green Bay started off playing lousy defense last year but finished the year really strong and they are continuing to play at that level. People doubted their defense against Dallas and Seattle and in both games they had the opposing QB under duress. Tony Romo was kept clean all year behind that stout OL. Green Bay sacked him 4 times.

I'm not asking for respect as a defense overall (their run defense is still suspect IMO) but people sleep on the Green Bay pass rush. Everybody is talking about Denver's pass rush. Green Bay is one sack behind them. Green Bay has quite a few horses that can get after the QB.

Leading up to the Dallas playoff game media pundits were basically saying that Romo was going to have a field day because Green Bay wouldn't be able to get any push or pressure against Dallas' vaunted OL. That's the kind of stuff that gets me. There are a lot of folks out there that just don't know how good Green Bay's pass rush is.