What Packers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
tq2umuI.jpg

http://packers.timesfour.com/topic/rams-week-1

Rams Week

Next Sunday, Lambeau, 12:00 LFT.

Rams coming off a big road win against an undefeated NFC opponent. Trying to make it two in a row.

They'll be this week's trendy pick. Josh, Corey and TJ will need to do some work against the great Aaron Donald and friends.

Jeff Fisher has never had a solution for Aaron Rodgers. That's the streak that will continue.
-----------
Packers open up as a 9.5 point favorite.

Gurley looked awesome some today and Foles was good enough. I don't know how he completed that last td pass. It will be a tough test, especially if the OL struggles like they did today.

Is is there a more overrated coach in NFL history than Jeff Fisher? Even Andy Reid made the playoffs a bunch and 5 championship games. He hasn't won a playoff game since 2003.
---------
An abject lesson in skillfully, constantly playing the media access card to max advantage.

Fisher may win the overrated longevity award but IMO Chip Kelly done retired the peak trophy.
---------
I'm glad they are coming off a big win. A lot easier to stay up and get prepared for a 2-2 opponent that just beat an undefeated team than it is for a 1-3 opponent.

Going to need to go Max protect and help those tackles.
---------
Green Bay will kick St Louis' ass on Sunday.
--------
Control Tavon Austin and Gurley and they should be ok. Should be able to get their licks on Foles...who has absolutely no mobility back there
---------
The Rams defense will likely be the best the Packers have faced thus far. I'm a bit surprised the Pack starts out as 10 point favorites.
---------
AZ put up 450 yards on the Rams today. 0-3 turnover differential is what kept that score close.

Ill be shocked if the Rams stay within 14 of the Packers on Sunday.
--------
All our opponents thus far have the same ball control and good defense approach. No reason to think we can't handle them the same way we have handled the previous 4.

Start fast and get their offense out of thier comfort zone has been the key to success so far.
---------
I smell an ass whoopin
---------
Offense is averaging around 15 points per game more at home and Lambeau will help significantly with the turnstile issue at tackle. Gurley gained over 100 in the fourth quarter alone and it's another test for the Packer run defense that has been stout other than the first game at Chicago.
--------
Just like the Chiefs and Seahawks game, this will be won or lost on the Lines. If the OLine can give Rodgers some time then he will shred them, but if they're in his face like SF was then he will be pressing. Luckily it's at home where Rodgers feels more comfortable. Our DLine needs to control their run game and get in Foles face. He's not a good QB, but he can be accurate when he has enough time. If they can rattle him then he will give the game away.
---------
I'm taking my wife's Dad to this one - he's unbeaten in 12 years so far.
icon_smile.gif

but I can see this one turning into a dogfight if the ball is turned over...
--------
Fisher seems like a good coach but man what has he really ever won?

The Rams to me are a weird team. Are they they team that lost to the Redskins? or are they the team that beat the Cardinals on the road? I am hoping that they have a let down and the home field is just want GB needs in this spot.
---------
Rams will be media darlings this week. And the Falcons. Pack will continue to be ignored. Like that. Games are won on the field.
-------
The Arizona Cardinals were WAY overrated. They were undefeated against 3 of the crappiest teams in the NFL prior to playing STL..

The Rams simply caught Arizona believing their own ****.
---------
Packers aren't being ignored. They are considered the best team in the NFC. By default that makes them the best team in football.

I want Nick Foles to pay dearly for that BS he pulled on GB and Tolzien back in 2013. Burnett and Tramon colliding and Jackson getting an easy gift deflection TD. Under throwing Cooper by 10 yards and GB DBs running right past him for another.

Screw you MD Jennings!
--------
It's great that the OL gets a chance to prove themselves the week after they got hammered pretty good. No Bulaga and they're still getting what they need?

The Rams have some speed at the skillies... but it's the same as always- you get the heat on Foles and the game changes drastically.
--------
One thing I will say for Rams fans... the ones that came on this board back in 2001 were the worst fan base in terms of obnoxiousness ever. Just think of having dozens of "DeepChicago" posters on here and that was about the equivalent.

People may hate on the Patriots, but I was quite happy they pulled that upset over the Rams in the Super Bowl 14 years ago. It shut the Rams fans up, basically for eternity. I don't think I've seen any of those bozos come back ever since.
-------
I think they underestimated SF's pass rushers with their game plan. They worked hard against Seattle and KC to help the Tackles, the biggest way was a lot of quick passes and faster developing routes. Against SF they seemed to want to challenge them deep more often and that means the Tackles got put on an island more often and for longer.

I don't expect that against STL. I think we see a game plan closer to what we saw against KC, with the emphasis being on protecting the whole OL and not just the Tackles. The interior will need help dealing with Donald and co. as much as the Tackles will with their pass rushers.
--------
nick-foles-napolean-meme-with-watermark.jpg

---------
RamsRule. One of the biggest twat waffles to ever spew crap onto this board. This was also pre-Boris I believe and back when anyone could "join" X4 and instantly start posting.

After Boris changed that shi! up and required approval to be added, all those tools and trolls from other boards went buh-bye.
--------
Not worried.

Just don't turn the ball over & stop the stupid penalties & help out the tackles.

GAME OVER!
--------
I have a hunch we will get a lot of free plays against STL...those guys, especially Donald, make their living getting a quick jump on the snap.
---------
One thing I will say for the Rams is that Gurley getting healthier might make them a bit more interesting. I can't say I've seen much of Gurley, but I had always heard he was a special type of RB when healthy. It sounds like he's getting a lot better, so he may present a bit of a challenge this week.
--------
He was very good when he was healthy and could stay out of trouble at Georgia. Georgia had a pretty reliable passing game with Aaron Murray though, which helped take the pressure off him and he had some solid backups (Nick Chubb who is tearing it up now). Gurley is a very good player, but I don't think he was a special talent or the next Adrian Peterson.
---------
Gurley is a pretty darn good back, but not an AP. Gotta give props to him for continuing his career after one of the most gruesome knee injuries I've ever seen.
----------
I'm not as concerned as some about our OT play. I believe both Barclay and Bakhtiari will show up and block well on Sunday against the Rams. I would love to see a heavy run oriented game plan against them. Just let our guys tee off on them in run blocking and wear them down for the first 3 quarters. Cut Aaron loose on the passing game late, where he should have more time to work his magic. In the meantime, Aaron will be able to complete some throws, like few others.
---------
Even though they've faced SEA and KC's pass rush....STL will be their biggest test. They are tied with GB and 2nd in the NFL in sacks with 17. OL gotta step up this week
----------
Yeah, and I don't think the Rams are a mystery. Very solid defense with a very questionable offense mostly thanks to not having one of the elite QB's.

I don't know anything about their o-line or receivers, but if both are decent, with Gurley, an elite QB, and that defense, they'd be right up there.

But, they don't!
-------
The Rams the past couple of years are a strange team. They split with the Hags the past couple of years, when the Hags were the cream of the NFCW. It seems like they play better against divisional opponents, look at yesterday against AZ in AZ.

Fisher is a good coach, and has a formula for winning. It seems like he getting closer to having all the pieces. Stud RB, (Eddie George, Gurley (I know its early)). Good D, big time DL in the Lou. And then good QB (McNair was a great), Foles, its early, but doesn't look to be in that category. Formula is shorten the game with your RB, and have a great D. Allow your Qb to make a few plays a game to W.

I don't think that will happen this week, but the OL, will need to step up.
---------
Last year, the Rams were 3-5 on the road, and 4-8 vs the NFC.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.
---------
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...d=50fe66746bb5f4e84625ee98d5eaa092#start_here

Rams Leadup

Aaron Donald is an absolute beast. I hope the interior can handle him. Gurley was phenomenal and shredded a very good Cards defense. Pack are at home so the train will keep rolling.
-----------
We roll at home but if this game was in STL I'd be worried. That DLine is no joke. Probably the best in the league. That said I expect Cobb to have a big day out of the slot so long as the shoulders fine.
---------
I don't know what to make of STL. Didn't watch the AZ game but it seems to me they just choked it right away - 3 lost fumbles and 5 short FG's?

Love the way our defense is playing but I think if I bet this game it's going to be as a teaser with STL covering like 16
--------
STL seems to play up to their competition and they're arguably in the driver's seat for that division right now after beating Arizona. They'll be plenty motivated.

Basically, if our defense comes to play like it has the last three weeks, we blow them out. If they take a step back, It's gonna be a tough sled. I think that offense can put up some points now that they have a healthy trio of Foles, Gurley, and Austin.
--------
Rams are proving to be a complete team. That Dline is no joke

That being said, AZ lost that game because of turnovers. You have to think we'll protect the ball better (especially at home)

W 24-16 sounds good to me too
--------
Rams are so up and down. Their D-line is great, so that D is going to be tough, even if Ogletree is out. Gurley looked great, so it will be another stiff test for the Packers, after Forte and Lynch and Charles and Hyde. But it could be a not-close win for the Packers.

They seem like a version of the same team as the Seahawks and Vikings and Redskins. Strong RB, with small, speedy WRs, and a tough defense.
--------
Gurley is going to be a problem.
---------
This game has me legitimately worried. Has all the makings of a classic Packers upset:

1. Emotionally drained after three big games.
2. Playing at home; maybe a little complacent.
3. A Rams team that has a good pass rush and a running back with big play potential.
----------
Not worried. The Rams will get pressure but we'll put up plenty of points. We've shut down 3 great RBs so far, so I think that continues. Tavon Austin will probably get a big play or two but I think we'll handle this well. 31-17.

At the same time, the Rams are the West Ham of the NFL this year (anyone who follows the Premier League will get that) so I wouldn't be stunned by an upset. It'd be pretty huge though.
---------
I don't think the Pack will be upset at home anytime in the near future. The Rams themselves came off an emotional victory at a hated rival.
---------
The Rams could come to GB and just get shellacked, sure. I don't think Foles is that great and I don't like their WR corp. But they've got Gurley going, they just showed they could go on the road and beat a good team, and they have a pass rush.

If you look at the Packers and when they've struggled historically, it is against a team with a good pass rush and a good running game. The 49ers really put the Packers in a tough spot for most of yesterday due to the pass rush and the inability for guys to get open in the secondary.

The Rams have, easily, the best pass rush of the teams who have faced the Packers so far. They are tied with the Packers for second in the league in sacks.

Todd Gurley exploded for 146 yards on nearly 8 yards per carry against a good Cardinals defense.

I'm not saying I would bet on the Rams. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us problems next week. If this game wasn't in GB, I'd feel even more worried.
--------
Rams have one of the best dines and our tackles have been regressing.

Bakteria and Barclay need to get their **** together and even the guards had holding calls on Sunday and will have their hands full.

We may need to get a TE/rb helping Barclay most of the game.

They do have a good recipe to give us trouble being able to get pressure with 4 or 5 and a solid run game to keep our offense off the field.

Gotta take GB at home but this one sounds like it will be a battle.

The keys to the game IMO. Does the defense continue to play stout against the run and force 3 and outs and can the oline improve its leaky habits lately.
---------
This is the type of game that would have had me nervous the past few seasons.Not this season with this Packer team.Rams are solid and they do have a good defense.I picked them as one of my playoff teams in the NFC this season but as far as winning at Lambeau,they're not on that level yet.

Packers 31
Rams 13
--------
Rams front 7 is disgusting and Gurley is the best combination of speed and power we have seen this year. Still, hard to see Rams beating us unless they beat us in the turnover game, which is unlikely.

Need to go into the bye 6-0. #1 seed or bust.
---------
http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=4588.0

This Weeks Unofficial Rams at the Packers thread

The Rams converted three takeaways into 17 points and handed Arizona its first loss of the season. Key to beating this outstanding NFC defense is taking care of the football, which the Packers do very well. An extremely powerful Todd Gurley and speedy Tavon Austin will be the focus of Dom Capers defensive plan this week.

I'm glad that this one will be played at Lambeau rather than the Edward Jones Dome in St Louis.

Here is my early line:

Packers 27 - Rams 17
--------
We are gonna have our hands full with this bunch. Our O line has to play better and we should give our tackles a helping hand so our fabulous QB isn't getting hit like he was yesterday. We can be sure the Rams will bring the house on obvious passing downs after they watch the tape from the SF game.
undecided.gif

---------
The Rams are a pretty tough squad who:

Beat the Seahags at home in the opener 34 - 31 OT;
Got their butts handed to them in D.C. 24 - 10;
Looked tough defensively in losing to the Steelers 12 - 6;
And were impressive handing the Cards their 1st loss (in Arizona) 24 - 22...
---------
At the end of the day you line up and play. I think a heavy dose of Lacy and Starks will be key to opening up the passing game. I hope we don't abandon the run if it gets off to a slow start. We could also open up the run with the pass. My point being we will need to be somewhat balanced to wear down the Rams defense both physically and mentally.

I'm not too concerned about the Rams offense. Let Hayward play the slot with a little help up top and let Shields and Rollins man up on the outside.
--------
Rams offer yet another strong defense and defensive front that will be very challenging for our o-line. So this will be a difficult, challenging matchup.

Could be another puntarama. As Bruce notes, very glad this one's at home.

In some ways they are a good matchup for us. They've only scored 40 points combined over their last three games, and Bruce said that 17 this week were converted after turnovers. So, that's pretty poor, and if they largely depend on turnovers to score, we're a bad matchup for them.

So, our offense shouldn't need to score many points to win this one.
--------
Gurley might be the best back we have seen this season so far... and that is saying something! Not saying that he has more accolades, or more hardware or anything, just saying, at the time of the game, he might be the toughest to stop. He is an absolute freakshow....
--------
Our offensive line has to be better this week against the best front 4 in football. They lost their best linebacker this week. We also have to stop Gurley because Foles isn't going to beat us, not in Lambeau unless Gurley goes off.

This becomes a blowout if the offensive line can hold up it's end of the bargain and it's a tough bargain. If they don't we will need to win a defensive struggle.
---------
Rams defense gave up nearly 450 yards (lots of passing yards)... but they had 4 sacks, 9 TFL and 9 QB hits... so they were getting penetration.

Did not watch until end of game... Gurley appears to have had a big day. I saw him get to the edge twice vs Cards defense for big runs to run out the clock. Glad game is in Lambeau and not indoors on very fast surface.
--------
With Gurley, the whole Defensive game plan changes.

You cannot tee off on the passing game and Foles.

Gurley got better as the game went on yesterday. Which means he is just getting into football shape.

As per the offense, if Barclay could not handle Lynch, what is he going to do against Long or Quinn? They have to give him help. Or else risk an injury to AR. Which I don't think we can handle.
--------
I was happy to see the ARod roll out to the right with the same direction drag in front of him (RB or TE) play. That is the same play we ran with Favre about 4-6 times a game. That is a pass rush killer. Keep running that vs. St. Louis for sure.

Pass to set-up the run type game.

Punt/Kick off team better strap it up!

Defense....wrap up on the new RB.
--------
I'm really surprised by the line for this game. 10 points seems pretty high.

I think the Rams are a very tough match for Green Bay. Like always, it will be vital to get the run game going early. Dating back to at least mid 2014, that seems to happen every week. Hopefully that continues. In my opinion, the offense hasn't broke loose yet this year. It's only a matter of time. To see them at 4-0 with a "struggling" offense (relatively speaking)... that's a really fun thing to think about.

I think the Rams are the most underrated team in the league. If Gurley is a consistent "real deal", and Foles plays consistent, they could be very tough down the stretch.
--------
What a time for Bulaga to be out. This string of pass rushers is insane. Also, the amount of good RB's they've faced early is equally crazy.
---------
Rank/ Team/ SACKS
1 Denver 18.0
2 Green Bay 17.0
St. Louis Rams 17.0
4 Pittsburgh 14.
5 New England 13.0
6 Cincinnati 11.0
Baltimore 11.0

KeithA39

UDFA
If we win this game, it will be F'ing amazing!!! Two weeks against undefeated teams on the road. Wow!!! All of a sudden, we'd be on everyone's map, so go Rams. Show the world that the football universe has a new shining star.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
MAN, they're still mad at fans on their board from 2001?!? Memory like an elephant....They're in for a big surprise with our wr's and run game...Better hope Rodgers makes it outta this one alive personally.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait did I actually read one idiot say that the Packers would be ignored by the media and that 2 other teams would be the media darling?

Rams will be media darlings this week. And the Falcons. Pack will continue to be ignored. Like that. Games are won on the field.

Wow not sure what rock this individual is living under to not know that the Packers are the NFL's media darling. The rest is the normal mix I'd expect to see. A bunch thinking they'll beat us senseless and win by 14+. Some acknowledging we have some skilled players and could make this a game. The comments on Fisher could come from The Rams or Titans message boards :D

My only wish is that we keep this competitive from start to finish then see the reaction of the people who say we have no chance. They'll most likely offer excuses instead of giving out any credit. I look forward to this game. While there are no moral victories as a fan I want a competitive game that Rams fans can be happy with. We don't need to get our butts handed to us and be embarrassed. Some ball control with Gurley from the get go, no bad 1st half. Pressure Rodgers and don't make stupid penalties on defense.

Psycho_X

Legend
Hmm, different thread than previous one I guess. Should have just added it to the first one maybe? Anyway, the fans seem fairly well balanced. They have the right to assume a win but show caution in what we bring to the table. I didn't realize GB had 17 sacks as well though so that'll be interesting. Another great test for the o-line and another reason I hope our 4th quarter run blocking this past sunday happens for a whole game against GB cause we'll need to pound that rock even when Gurley isn't carrying it. Hopefully Williams calls a good game blitz package wise.

Psycho_X

Legend
Someone was none too happy about a non-mod posting that other thread and deleted it.

Oh, er k. Must have missed whatever was wrong with it when I scanned it this morning. I don't pay enough attention when scanning at work lol.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Come on Packer fans, get out of the shadows and into the light. We want your banter. Just be civil and we'll have an awesome thread here.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams to me are a weird team. Are they they team that lost to the Redskins? or are they the team that beat the Cardinals on the road? I am hoping that they have a let down and the home field is just want GB needs in this spot

This guy understands the Rams lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If we win this game, it will be F'ing amazing!!! Two weeks against undefeated teams on the road. Wow!!! All of a sudden, we'd be on everyone's map, so go Rams. Show the world that the football universe has a new shining star.

Would be amazing! Forte and the Bears really ran the ball well against the Pack in week 2. Surprised Seattle didnt commit more the run. Lynch was ineffective but Seattle was leading in the 3rd quarter. The Packers defense has been very good so far, but they are dominating time of possession which will make your defense a lot better. I hope there is a chance to establish Gurley early and not let Rodgers get in a groove. If GB gets up early we could be looking at a blow out, but the Rams have a way of winning games they should not win

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Hey fellas, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but a victory this week would give make all our W's against the top ranked teams in the NFC. Not expecting, but I believe. That offense looks a lot better with Gurley in there.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ill be shocked if the Rams stay within 14 of the Packers on Sunday.
We're not the 49ers, and they held you to 17 points!
I smell an ass whoopin
Your smelling your own Butt!
Rams will be media darlings this week.
This^ would be a 1st!
People may hate on the Patriots, but I was quite happy they pulled that upset over the Rams in the Super Bowl 14 years ago. It shut the Rams fans up, basically for eternity. I don't think I've seen any of those bozos come back ever since.
I had to stop reading this :poop: after this^ comment!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had to check out some stats, after one of the packer fans was bad-mouthing our HC Fisher saying he's never been able to figure out the Packers!
Since fisher has been here we have played the pack once, in regular season, and we lost here at home 30-20. BUT!!!!!!
Fisher, when he was Coaching the Titans, had a record of 3-1 against the Packers Life time!!
So Jeff is 3-2 against them! Soon to be 4-2!!
The Rams, by the way, are 46-45-2 Lifetime against them. We've lost the last 4 times we've met them, BUT! Our last Win was at Green Bay 23-20!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm, different thread than previous one I guess.

Someone was none too happy about a non-mod posting that other thread and deleted it.

My bad, didn't know that rule. Just excited.

It wasn't deleted. It was locked by yours truly with an explanation. Threads like this one and several others here are traditions and need to be done the right way. A thread like this takes a lot of time and work to start and maintain. Posting a link doesn't cut it. Most members won't even bother to click the link and then the thread dies.

If someone wants to take this thread off my hands, fine. Just let me know. But then you'll need to go through every opposing teams forums every day, look for any pertinent posts concerning the Rams, copy, paste, and post them in the thread, and then monitor the thread itself in case people are at each other's throats. Any takers, hmm?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It wasn't deleted. It was locked by yours truly with an explanation. Threads like this one and several others here are traditions and need to be done the right way. A thread like this takes a lot of time and work to start and maintain. Posting a link doesn't cut it. Most members won't even bother to click the link and then the thread dies.

If someone wants to take this thread off my hands, fine. Just let me know. But then you'll need to go through every opposing teams forums every day, look for any pertinent posts concerning the Rams, copy, paste, and post them in the thread, and then monitor the thread itself in case people are at each other's throats. Any takers, hmm?

No, I love the format you did it. I was hoping you would slide it in on mine because it's better. I just wasn't aware of the rule and wanted get it started. Keep up the good work. (y)