What Cardinals fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Last I checked, AZ still couldn't cover good TE's. Cook and Kendricks could have big games. Cook could be in for a Monster game if BS uses him correctly.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
AZ fans talking about running the ball at the Rams, very funny. They had 28 yards on 22 carries against the Rams last time running and that was with Ellington, not sure why they would expect more success now. But hey, bring it on. We'll take as many TFLs as they are willing to serve up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looking closer, the Zona D is pretty good. They have only really been stomped out once this year by Denver. They rank low against the pass but that may just be garbage time because they rank high against the run.

This is going to be low scoring for them for sure though. They don't do well against strong defenses. They only scored 3 on Seattle. I really can see a possibility of a shutout.

What will happen IMO is the Rams will make them one dimensional by erasing any hope in the run game. It'll take several three and outs for the Cardinals to figure out "this isn't working" and then they will go to the passing game. I guess we will see how that works out for them. :sneaky:

To bad the Rams are so bad at defending the pass and pressuring the pocket right.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Looking closer, the Zona D is pretty good. They have only really been stomped out once this year by Denver. They rank low against the pass but that may just be garbage time because they rank high against the run.

This is going to be low scoring for them for sure though. They don't do well against strong defenses. They only scored 3 on Seattle. I really can see a possibility of a shutout.
They rank high vs the run because teams get impatient and quit on it...which plays right into the "hands" of their ballhawking secondary.(2nd in the NFL in INT's).

Of course that secondary is banged up now. I said it last time we played them, and hung in there for three and a half quarters(before Shotty put the game into Austin Davis' hands)...don't quit on the run. Get some chunks here and there like we've been doing. Force their DB's to come up and help. They won't like it because they're a soft group, and the depth up front is thin. They will get tired.

AZ does not want to defend the run. Trust me on this.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
Back to back shutouts! Both against pretty inept offenses, which is a fair comparison to where our Offense stands right now. Although the Raiders put up 24 against the Niners today. Interesting to see how we play on Thursday. Can we forfeit, keep everyone healthy, and use the extra time to prepare for Seattle

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68945-ESPN-simulator-ready-for-nerdvana

ESPN simulator....ready for nerdvana?

Okay, espn has a playoff simulator where you can pick who you think will win the next games and how that impacts the playoff scenarios. This post won't be for the faint of heart, but let's take a look. Here is the link if you wanna goof around with it. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Note : All my scenarios are with GB winning tonight.

Week 15 : Doomsday Scenario

Cardinals lose to Rams, GB beats Buffalo, Seahawks beat 49ers, Lions beat Vikings, Philly beats Cowboys.

That will drop us from the overall #1 seed to overall #5 seed. It should be noted that whether or not the Eagles or Detroit win/lose, it won't change our standing, we will still be the #5 seed after week 15. Rankings would be 1 . Packers, 2 Seahawks, 3 Philly, 4 Saints(I picked them to win and Falcons to lose but it's irrelevant) 5, Cardinals, 6 Detroit
----------
Let's beat the Rams and remain the 1 seed. I'm a 49ers, Bills and Vikings fan this weekend.
---------
Win against the Rams in two days and we will have clinched a playoff spot already no matter what happens in Weeks 16 and 17...unless in the unlikely event Eagles-Cowboys ends in a tie. 11 wins and playoffs clinched with two games to go sounds good to me.
----------
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68953-Rams-player-predicts-another-shut-out

Rams player predicts another shut out

Per Darren Urban: Defensive tackle Michael Brockers, when notified how long it's been since the team had two consecutive shutouts, via the Associated Press: “1945? We're about to shut out three! When's the last time we shut out three?”

Hope this quote makes its way to the Cardinals.
---------
At a boy RUN Yer MOUTH
---------
Hopefully the Cards play fired up. Also hoping Drew doesn't get hurt this game as the Rams will be coming after him. They got a dirty Defensive coordinator.
---------
All we need is a run game and we'll take the rams. No run game, we lose.
---------
If the Cardinal players don't know about this, they very likely won't be very motivated on Thursday.

Just by knowing that the Ram players would like to shut them out and win the game should provide the impetus they need to play hard. . . .
---------
Yes.... your right about that. its because of him warner retire early i hate that Defensive Coordinator dont know why The NFL Gave him Another chance
479633001176399824-final.gif

---------
What Greg Williams puts out will come back to bite him.
---------
I forgot it was the Saints who took out Warner.

When Rams played the Chargers, I learned it was Fisher's Titans who took out Merriman and they blame Fisher.

Well, this is the Rams. Not the Saints or the Titans.

I wish no injuries to either side....
---------
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68954-Cardinals-VS-Rams-Whats-your-Score!

Cardinals VS Rams Whats your Score!

Hey guys now that the Playoffs are Here this is a must win game! Whats your score? please!! i hope iam right

Arizona 23 (11-3)

Rams 17 (6-8)
--------
Rams are down to their third string quarterback. . . .
and against an elite defense like the Cardinals there is no reason to think they can even get to ten points. . . but to be gracious, let's give them that . . .perhaps in garbage time.

With a now potent rushing offense behind future HoF guard Jonathan Cooper and Kerwynn the Killer Williams, who is averaging 100 yards rushing a game for his career, and with Drew Stanton, perhaps the best backup quarterback in the NFL having yet another career best game, Arizona's well functioning and smoothly oiled offense should be able to steam roll past St. Louis's over-rated defense.

St. Louis, on the other hand, has only been playing pathetic week teams recently (Oakland and Washington), and really don't have much to play for as they are finishing up yet another non-winning season for something like the 11th year in a row. And, of course, Jeff Fischer is by no means an elite coach like Bruce Arians. . . .certainly not one of the top five in the league, like BA.

So with Williams getting two rushing TDs and Stanton again going for 300+ passing yards and a couple of TDs through the air. . . .

figure 31-10 or so as the Cardinals celebrate making the playoffs.
-------
16-14 cards

3fgs and a defensive TD
-------
Gonna be lots of pain...lots of pain....cards "12.....rams 11 1/2
--------
20-0 Cards.
--------
16-13 Cards with lots of FGs.
--------
13-10 Cards
--------
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68947-The-Bright-Side-to-this-Thursday

The Bright Side to this Thursday

There are a couple reasons to remain hopeful for a win this Thursday:

1) We are coming off a much needed win. Had we dropped three in a row this team may have threw in the towel for this game.

2) Home teams on Thursday nights haven't been as dominate as I originally assumed. Home teams on Thursday nights have gone 9-7 (I expected a much higher winning percentage)

3) Although the Rams are playing great they are 3-3 at home thus far.

4) Kerwynn Williams. If we can find some offensive balance I like our chances of getting to 11-3.
---------
I agree with the OP, I see us stealing this game. And it will be a huge win for us. No one is giving us a chance. Typical game that the new Cards take. Then 10 days to get ready for the Seahawks at the Nest and then off to the drama land in Santa Clara. Who knows?
---------
Bright Side - Goods:

We have superior coaching.

Indoor game on turf vs. a sub 500 team.

Our D is still playing great.

We are highly motivated and playing for the post season while they are playing for paychecks, jobs and injury avoidance.

Bright Side - Others:

Road game mid-week.

We are more banged up than them.

Their O thrives off of big gains and scores fast.
---------
I believe that the Cardinal offense with Stanton at QB with an effective run game is greater than the Cardinal offense with Palmer at QB with an ineffective run game. I'm glad that circumstances forced Jonathan Cooper into the starting lineup...because I think his play has elevated our line/running game. And..it can only get better as he gets more comfortable and back to his old self.
--------
We shall see this week if we really have a running game. I wouldn't proclaim a running game after one week vs an inferior defensive team (KC).
--------
KC isn't the WORST defense we've faced this year....and we haven't had anything near this in terms of effective running. I'm not saying that we'll be a rushing juggernaut from here on out, but if we can sustain the threat of a legitimate rushing attack, force defenses to respect it on 1st down, and keep ahead of the chains, I think our offense has 25-30 pt. potential.
--------
Rams Fan <----

If Zona runs on the Rams, you will at least know the run game is legit. They have been very stout against primary runningbacks.

Rams have scored on the best defenses in the NFL so Zona will have to bring it's A game.

If Hill's record this season plays out this Sunday, Zona will need at least 22 to win.
---------
I highly doubt either team will score 22 points, I think this game will be about turnovers. Both teams are on back up QBs, whoever hits that QB more will most likely win the turnover battle. The lambs have found an identity recently, very proud of them, but we are about to steal that identity, purchase our playoff dreams with it, and then burn it.
--------
Hill's most valuable asset that has turned the Rams around is avoiding the TO. Dude has his faults, but that's not one of them. Since his return, he's averaging .75 TO per game.

The Cards won handily after lagging behind all game against AD in the 4th quarter by TOs, but that was AD. He had more TOs than TDs.
--------
Like most back up QBs, they will ignite at first, and they will look good. Stanton did this earlier this year, than that tape comes out, and defenses figure out how to play them. Stanton went through that already tis year as well. If you want to brag about Shaun Hill, do your thing man. But he has been in more locker rooms than that one Kardashian, not the chunky one, we talking Kim man. There is a reason Shaun Hill has gotten around so much, and it will be exposed (like Kim) again this Thursday.

What I do like about the Lambs is there intensity, it's very impressive and can be very powerful. But this is the NFCWest, so being tough just aint enough. Every defense in our division eats nails. But big props on the RG111 coin toss thing, that was hilarious.
-----------
Well the Rams have beaten both the seahawks and Broncos at home this season so the defense is tough and legit. In fact the Rams defense has nearly cut opponents rushing yards in half from the first quarter of this season from 150 yards per game to just under 80 yards per game of late. Secondary has played much tighter coverage too. Williams defense is starting to become familiar to his players and their play has responded well.
---------
Actually I'm growing bored of this now. The lambs will be silenced on Thursday, and again as soon as the playoffs start. Lambs are what their record says they are, a tasty treat , a team on the move (to LA), AND a goat with "horns". You have yourself a great day, if all you got is "You're nervous" than enjoy the rest of your season, and I'll enjoy mine, along with some post season that is.
smile.png

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Actually I'm growing bored of this now. The lambs will be silenced on Thursday, and again as soon as the playoffs start. Lambs are what their record says they are, a tasty treat , a team on the move (to LA), AND a goat with "horns". You have yourself a great day, if all you got is "You're nervous" than enjoy the rest of your season, and I'll enjoy mine, along with some post season that is.
smile.png

This is one self-entitled bastard.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Agreed. And, someone may want to warn him not to purchase those post season tickets just yet. Them losing their next 3 and missing out is not out of the realm of possibility.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Gonna be a sweet, sweet victory tomorrow night. Some of their fans are delusional... (well, I guess some of ours are, too).

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow.
Well fuck you too, Zona fans.

Rams are going to crush these fools hopes and dreams.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Wonder how they like the fact that the Rams are favored by 4 1/2...Wonder when the last time was that the Rams were favored over a NFC West leader (especially this late in a season)...Wouldn't have a clue...Has to have been quite some time ago...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Yeah, this clown is areal piece of work...Wonder if he's seen the Rams in the last 6 weeks or so...Granted they probably don't fear the Rams offense in and of itself, but if they get good field position thanks to the D and/or Hekker and STs, they might have to...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Cardinals fans have to be testy. They know deep down that even if they make the playoffs that getting by Green Bay, Detroit, and Seattle again is not going to happen. Esp with Drew Stanton. And this year really is what they've got. Seattle isn't old and RW is trending upward at a fast rate. ANYONE who has watched the Rams and the Cards over the last 6 weeks can tell these are two teams heading in different directions. Talent-wise we own them overall, and we are younger. All 3 of our RBs are better than theirs. Start of the season, their WRs looked pretty good and our were ?s. Now, ours look pretty talented and really starting to gel while outside of Fitz theirs scare no one really. Our D line is vastly younger and more talented. They may win Thursday's battle (I don't think they will, but they are well coached and resourceful) but they are going to lose the war. They'll fight Kaperdouche next year for 4th place.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
However it ends, it takes a special KIND of special to think AZ wins in St. Louis 31-10.

Like paper gown and thorazine special...

desertdawg

UDFA
Aloha from Arizona, I've been a lurker here for a long time, though usually only when our teams are matching up. I recognize some of the names here from other forums. I'm just like every other fan out there, been through the ups and downs with my team, watched a lot of players and coaches come and go, even went through the whole face painting phase. We are both in the toughest division in football, all 4 teams could probably win in the playoffs... except for frisco and I'm very happy to see frisco falling to the back of the pack. Anyways I'll try and keep the smack down, good luck in the game tomorrow, no injuries, yada yada, just wanted to introduce myself.