What Cardinals fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm confident that we'll play well Thursday, but as usual I'm worried about the OL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we score >20 we will be poised to win.

The D should contain a beaten AZ squad, but can our O score enough to unleash the Kraken?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm expecting an over, something along the lines of 27-17, it just seems thats the way it goes every time common sense calls for an "ugly" game.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'm actually hoping that you guys are at such a high right now, you might just relax a little, take us a little lightly.

I can see why you'd think that, but I don't think we're gonna relax. This is our second and last nationaly televised game and our players want to make a statement. They let a very good chance to win in the desert slip through their fingers a month ago and they will be feeding off of the home crowd.

Also Ellington, Mathieu, and Fanaika are all out; all solid-very good starters. Those weaknesses will be exploited. Jared Cook has 247 yards and 3 TDs in 3 career games (w/Rams) vs the Cards. Missing Mathieu's versatility will hurt and I think it goes w/o saying what Ellington can do for your O. Last time we played you basically your whole O was healthy and we held you to 17 points. Now we're coming off back to back shutouts and you're bringing an offense to STL w/o Palmer & Ellington that has scored 44 points in 4 games.

I like the matchup for us, but I think it will be a close defensive battle. In the end I see home field possibly being the deciding factor. Rams 24 Cards 13

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...ory-between-the-two-franchises-extends-beyond

Cardinals vs. Rams: History between the two franchises extends beyond St. Louis
By BigRedBilly on Dec 10 2014

usa-today-4665180.0.jpg

Herb Weitman-USA TODAY Sports

The all-time series is tied with many memorable games, players and moments

How far back can we trace the history between the Cardinalsand the Rams? Quite a ways actually, to October 3, 1937, when the Chicago Cardinals defeated the Cleveland Rams 6-0 in a real barn burner. The Big Red won the first four games of the all-time series that now finds the teams tied at 35-35 with two memorable ties thrown in just for fun.

And of course the Rams and the Cardinals have a connection that first became possible when Violet Bidwill moved the oldest professional football franchise in 1960 that became the St. Louis Football Cardinals(don't miss the jaw-dropping Terry Metcalf highlight video).

Although no championships came in St. Louis (that hasn't happened since the '47 Chicago Cardinals), the team gave many a thrill and over a 3 year span ('74-'76), the Cardinals compiled a 31-11 record while establishing a trend that showed itself once again ...

... on a dark, drizzly day at the L.A. Colosseum in 1976, when true to their name, the Cardiac Cardinals who trailed 21-6 in the second half, methodically went about their business (as if it was scripted) to claim a 30-28 victory with a Jim Bakken field goal at the buzzer over the Los Angeles Rams. This game also saw Merlin Olsen (Father Murphy) walk into the Cardinals huddle, wave his finger and say bad things to Conrad Dobler, then walk off the field never to return. Why do I remember this Cardinals/Rams game? I was there.

The teams have met in the postseason (a game in '75 that we're not going to talk about), and three Hall of Fame inductees played for both teams in the past -- Dick 'Night Train' Lane, Ollie Matson and Aeneas Williams. Another former player expected to join that list would be Kurt Warner.

Other players that donned both Cardinals and Rams uniforms include Ron Wolfley, Ernie Jones, Eric Hill, Kwamie Lassiter, Corey Chavous, and Chris Chandler. The only current connection between the team is Rams assistant head coach Dave McGinnis -- former Arizona Cardinals head coach from 2001-'03.

Memorable moments in the history of the series

* On a brisk 15Âş day at Busch Stadium December 1972, Jim Hart (the Cardinals all-time leading passer) ties the longest pass play in franchise history with a 98-yard strike to Ahmad Rashad (then known as Bobby Moore) in the 24-14 victory over the Los Angeles Rams. This play remains the longest non-scoring pass play in the history of the NFL.

* In the first season of a team known as the Phoenix Cardinals(1988), Neil Lomax passes for 342 yards as the Big Red accumulate 519 total yards and 30 first downs against the Los Angeles Rams. Touchdown receptions by Roy 'Jet Stream' Green and Jay Novacek, in addition to TD runs by Earl Ferrell and Stump Mitchell added up to a 41-28 victory in L.A. Lomax is named Offensive Player of the Week in the NFL.

* Ronald Moore rushes for 126 yards and four touchdowns in the team's last season known as the Phoenix Cardinals and becomes the Offensive Player of the Week. Steve Beuerlein also adds a touchdown pass to Gary Clark (8 catches for 159 yards) in the 38-10 victory at Sun Devil Stadium in '93.

* Kent Graham passes for 366 yards in the Arizona Cardinals come-from-behind overtime 31-28 victory in Tempe in 1996. Thirteen of Graham's 37 completions were to Larry Centers for 83 yards and a touchdown. Three other Cardinals recievers scored that day; Rob Moore(9 catches for 143 yards), Leshon Johnson and Frank Sanders.

* In the first quarter of the season opener of his rookie year (2013),Tyrann Mathieu chases down Rams TE Jared Cook after a long pass play and knocks the ball loose from behind just as Cook was about to cross the goal line in St. Louis. This game is also notable for when Bruce Arians first realized that Levi Brown 2013 wasn't so elite after all.

* Carson Palmer completes 27 of 32 passes (84.4%) for 269 yards and a touchdown in week 14 of the 2013 season in Glendale. The 84.4 completion percentage was the second-best single-game completion percentage in franchise history (only Kurt Warner's NFL-record of 92.3% at Jacksonville in 2009 ranks higher). John Abraham records three sacks as the Cardinals win 30-10.

Bonus fun facts

* St. Louis was where this guy played: The Greatest Cardinal Ever

* The Arizona Cardinals are older than the state of Arizona.

* The Big Red's 10-4 record in a 14 game season in 1976 only earns 3rd place in the NFC East as the Cardinals fail to make the playoffs.

* Eight consecutive years (1966-'73) saw a tie on the St. Louis Cardinals' record. In the history of the franchise, 39 ties ranks second in the history of the NFL.

* Larry Fitzgerald's 131 career receptions, 1601 yards receiving and 16 touchdowns against Rams are more than any other active player against an individual opponent.

The Big Red return to their old haunts in St. Louis this Thursday night in a rematch of a game that saw the Cardinals victorious just four weeks ago. Fitz led the way with nine catches for 112 yards and huge plays byJohn Brown (48-yard go-ahead touchdown reception), Patrick Peterson (first-ever pick-six) and Antonio Cromartie (14-yard fumble return touchdown) sealed the deal in the Cardinals' 31-14 win in Glendale to tie all-time series.

It's time yet again to snap on the chin-straps for a Cardinals/Rams matchup to see who takes the lead.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I just hate that "Big Red" crap. Not as annoying as "America's Team" but high on my annoyance sale nonetheless.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Aloha from Arizona, I've been a lurker here for a long time, though usually only when our teams are matching up. I recognize some of the names here from other forums. I'm just like every other fan out there, been through the ups and downs with my team, watched a lot of players and coaches come and go, even went through the whole face painting phase. We are both in the toughest division in football, all 4 teams could probably win in the playoffs... except for frisco and I'm very happy to see frisco falling to the back of the pack. Anyways I'll try and keep the smack down, good luck in the game tomorrow, no injuries, yada yada, just wanted to introduce myself.

I think we can all agree it's going to be good to see Niners finish last in the division if just for an entire off-season of reminding them.

azcards

UDFA
Yea, I think it'll be an ugly game for sure. Rams defense is playing lights out and nobody doubts Arizona's defense. Plus, both teams are starting backup QBs and have some key offensive injuries.

Plus, Thursday Night games tend to be sloppy.

Has there been one decent Thursday night game this year? I can't think of one that has left an impression.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I just hate that "Big Red" crap. Not as annoying as "America's Team" but high on my annoyance sale nonetheless.
Big Red was to distinguish the football and baseball Cardinals! Baseball team comes first in STL! Always did! No big red in AZ! :sneaky:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Big Red was to distinguish the football and baseball Cardinals! Baseball team comes first in STL! Always did! No big red in AZ! :sneaky:

They didn't in 99-01. This town, or really most towns in the country, would support an NFL team first if they could string together consistent seasons. The only reason this is currently a baseball town is because the Redbirds are consistent.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, tonight is the 77 year rivalry TIE BREAKER! Go Rams!

desertdawg

UDFA
Cromartie is a go for the Cards today, that's big news for Cards fans. I think this might be one of the better Thursday Night games this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Cromartie is a go for the Cards today, that's big news for Cards fans. I think this might be one of the better Thursday Night games this year.

Can we agree it's possible he might not be at his best?

Btw @desertdawg I read your linked post. Lambs? St Loses? Really? C'mon man. We don't call your team Tards do we? As one of your fellow members asked, "You OK there bud?" LOL

desertdawg

UDFA
Can we agree it's possible he might not be at his best?

Btw @desertdawg I read your linked post. Lambs? St Loses? Really? C'mon man. We don't call your team Tards do we? As one of your fellow members asked, "You OK there bud?" LOL
Cro is definitely going to be gimpy. He covers one side of the field sometimes, while Peterson covers the other but today I would expect Peterson to shadow your best. I'm more worried about Cook and Austin, TEs and true speed have given us problems this year. And don't worry about the rib jabbing, I was just trying to hype up my squad. It was just to laugh at as well. It's harder to get up for the road games, but I leave all that jazz over on the Card's forum.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And don't worry about the rib jabbing, I was just trying to hype up my squad. It was just to laugh at as well. It's harder to get up for the road games, but I leave all that jazz over on the Card's forum.

No worries here but the Lambs thing gets under my skin because it's so overused and no longer fits the team. There are a lot of terms I can come up with to describe the Rams such as inconsistent or maddening but gentle as Lambs definitely doesn't apply any longer. When I went over to the Broncos forums before our game with them, Lambs was one of their most used descriptions. Bet they had to rethink that after the game. Bwahahahaha! :fighting: :snicker:

desertdawg

UDFA
No worries here but the Lambs thing gets under my skin because it's so overused and no longer fits the team. There are a lot of terms I can come up with to describe the Rams such as inconsistent or maddening but gentle as Lambs definitely doesn't apply any longer. When I went over to the Broncos forums before our game with them, Lambs was one of their most used descriptions. Bet they had to rethink that after the game. Bwahahahaha! :fighting: :snicker:
Right on, that victory really solidified you guys as a legit hit squad. I get a little crazy with the hype speeches, do one every week. Last week I did one that was pretty funny, just google " it's only after you've lost everything ASFN "

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

images

Lambs?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Last week I did one that was pretty funny, just google " it's only after you've lost everything ASFN "

You really need to post here more often. You know our pain. We thought we were the only ones. :sneaky:

"Listen to me, you have to consider the possibility that the League doesn't like you. The League doesn't want you, in all probability, the League hates you."

You'd make a good motivational speaker like this guy was...

w0tf0j.jpg