What a prick move by Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Some of you are ridiculous. Of course he knew he fucked up, that's what lead to it. Its emotional, shit like this happens. Some of you saying things like he should nkeep them in check, try to picture yourself in his shoes and then tell me how easy it is to keep it in check.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Some of you are ridiculous. Of course he knew he fucked up, that's what lead to it. Its emotional, crap like this happens. Some of you saying things like he should nkeep them in check, try to picture yourself in his shoes and then tell me how easy it is to keep it in check.

I'm with you, brother.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Not the actions of a man, he should have been apologizing to Davis instead of letting his disappointment externalize ,he's paid to catch the high pass it was where it needed to be ,obviously has issues accepting responsibility,,THEN they came back to him again and again , dude should be ashamed .Didn't have a camera on him the rest of the way ,maybe he did apologize who knows but there ain't NO excuse for what he did.
I've always been on Cooks case for his blocking or lack there of , if he's gonna be that way, the team doesn't need him.
I thought Davis had a very good game,don't fault him on the second int. desperate situations you're gonna get picked .
Thought overall Shotty called an amazing game ,FWIW IMO the officials flat stole this game from us with bad spots and that abysmal roughing call, Dallas got calls when they needed them
I don't agree that the officials lost us the game. We left 11-14 points on the field (goal line and Cooks bobble), couldn't stop Dallas with 3rd and 13 and 3rd and 14

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw the Cook I've seen since he got here, a player who can make all the plays except for catching the ball.

Dropped passes happen, they just happen to Cook at one of the highest rates in the league.

Maybe it's something you take, and make adjustments to, just don't throw to him when you actually need a completion?

15 receptions in 2014...1 dropped pass.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The people thinking we should cut him are going overboard, he's still a very good player, but I will say he is a slave to his emotions and he needs to better check the so he doesn't do stupid shit like that.

I think the best way to nip this in the bud is to punish him within reason, make him team bitch, make him carry everybody's bags to the hotel the next game, make him run wind sprints for ten hours, make him buy Austin 9 steak dinners. Something that'll affect him, but isn't kneejerking like crazy.

Also good on Hayes for challenging him and telling him to fuck off with that shit, gotta defend your teammates, kill dissent before it even begins.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
In all the years I've been watching football I've never seen a player shove a QB for throwing him a good pass. Esp after feeding him the ball all game. So I'm not buying the whole "heat of the moment thing." Many of us played football at some level, be it HS or college. Did people do a lot of hitting on the QB on the sidelines at that lower level? I don't remember that. I don't see why behavior that wouldn't be tolerated on a HS bench should be just excused just because he's arguably a good player.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Cook was pissed he dropped the game winning TD ad lived up to all the naysayers and no 3rd string QB was gonna improve his mood with a high five
Fucked up? Yes
A non issue ? Yes
Cook should have caught that pass but he didn't lose the game for us - it was pass interference calls and our D 's inability to stop Romo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. "Cut him." C'mon....

The way I saw it is, he was basically saying, "I don't need encouragement; I fucked up and I know it." He could have handled it a little better than that, sure, but he was pissed with himself and was throwing his own private little pity party. As other have stated, this will be handled internally. Both the players and the coaches will set him straight, and I'll bet my life savings that Cook has already apologized to Davis.

Other than people being pissed at Cook for essentially losing the game by dropping a TD pass, and projecting onto him now, this is so a non-issue, IMO.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm glad he's apologised for it, he needed to, It still doesn't sit well to well with me however :/
Let me put it this way, do you think cook does that to Brady, Peyton or Rogers? No he doesn't.
I bet he wouldn't do it to Sam Bradford either.
It's a lack of respect for your QB. Doesn't matter you dropped a pass, it happens, get on with it. Don't shove a young rookie QB out the way when he's coming to say "never mind cookie, give em hell next time"

That being said, people calling for him to be cut are seriously overacting

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And oh what a drop it was. Ball game.

Yep, it was. As bad of a drop as you can make...but it's still only 1 drop on the year. This reminds me of when people were ripping Zuerlein for missing a kick last year because it was an important kick. I don't care how great these guys are, they will eventually make a mistake. Cook will drop some passes and Zuerlein will miss some FGs. When it becomes more than a few, then we have an issue.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yep, it was. As bad of a drop as you can make...but it's still only 1 drop on the year. This reminds me of when people were ripping Zuerlein for missing a kick last year because it was an important kick. I don't care how great these guys are, they will eventually make a mistake. Cook will drop some passes and Zuerlein will miss some FGs. When it becomes more than a few, then we have an issue.

Problem is the clutch plays in crunch time are how professional players need to be measured. Cook isn't clutch and since you brought him up, Zuerlein hasn't been either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is the clutch plays in crunch time are how professional players need to be measured. Cook isn't clutch and since you brought him up, Zuerlein hasn't been either.

Zuerlein is 8/10 in the 4th Quarter or Overtime in games where the Rams were tied or trailing by 3 points. His two misses were from 58 yards and 66 yards. Perception isn't always reality.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some of you are ridiculous. Of course he knew he fucked up, that's what lead to it. Its emotional, crap like this happens. Some of you saying things like he should nkeep them in check, try to picture yourself in his shoes and then tell me how easy it is to keep it in check.
So you have never screwed up at work and had to eat it? I suppose it would be ok to shove your co-worker in that situation?? BS they are working they need to be held accountable.

ShaneFalco

People like that are a cancer to a young qb. get rid of him for some draft picks before trade deadline.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So you have never screwed up at work and had to eat it? I suppose it would be ok to shove your co-worker in that situation?? BS they are working they need to be held accountable.

Of course I have. But those situations aren't in full of emotion like this is.

Anyway, to me its a non issue. Its apparently been settled.