What a prick move by Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I think this was his first or second drop this year. The drops for the entire Wr/TE crew have been very few this year.

If you can statistically show me different I will change my opinion.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just playing devils advocate...but what if Austin Davis's high five was sarcastic and he said something like "Great catch" would that change how you feel about the situation? Either way we'll never know as im sure the Rams will try to sweep everything under the rug as soon as possible. Im not expecting a real comment from anyone on this situation.

bskrilla

Starter
He was approaching him in a postive manner, not a negative one.. Good lord.. lol

That's true, but there are some players that don't want that positive "you'll get em next time" treatment. Not excusing what Cook did, but some players need to just be left alone after a mistake. Other guys need the pat on the back.

Anyone saying to cut him after one small incident on the sideline is insane. Sometimes emotions get the best of you. They'll handle it.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I see that Davis is reaching out with a hand gesture/shake/high five. But I also noticed how Davis had no eye contact with Cook and wasn't even that surprised by the reaction. We all saw Davis with the fire at the end of the last game. Any chance he says something here to provoke a response?

I am not condoning Cooks actions

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In terms of his play alone...
Jared Cook is a good TE, but he's not a Pro Bowler/All this or that guy.
Maybe some of you need to come to grips with what he is. He isn't Jimmie Graham or Julius Thomas.

Rams don't do a whole lot on offense without Cook today. I don't have the numbers but IIRC he caught most of those first half 3rd down catches when we were 6/6 on 3rd down %.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Yup, Tired of Cook, catches the ball and extra yards is Zero.

I think this was his first or second drop this year. The drops for the entire Wr/TE crew have been very few this year.

If you can statistically show me different I will change my opinion.

Sounds about right, he had a drop for every 7 catches last year (2nd worst for his position), 2 drops on 15 is probably about right.

Athos

Legend
It was. And I'm glad Hayes let him know it was wrong. And I'm glad Davis was a leader in going right back to him on the next drives.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can't believe he shoved Davis after he dropped his perfect pass for the TD. Davis seemed to be giving him a high five as if to say "we'll get em next drive" and Cook just shoves him. And then Will Hayes comes to Davis' defense and Cook still has something to say. Terrible move by Cook. Lost a lot of respect for him today
I have to agree Fishers should inactivate him you just can't have that kind of bullshit from anyone on the team

Slappy967

Starter
It was a bitch move on Cooks part but if you think we should cut a guy who is one of our primary receiving targets because of one mistake, you are being silly.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
He was approaching him in a postive manner, not a negative one.. Good lord.. lol

I have a different opinion. If a WR, DB or RB strutted along the sidelines wihle demonstrating "I Did It it", the blog would go nuts about what a self centerd ass-hole that player was. His (Davis) actions communicate that this run is about him and not the team.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Just playing devils advocate...but what if Austin Davis's high five was sarcastic and he said something like "Great catch" would that change how you feel about the situation? Either way we'll never know as im sure the Rams will try to sweep everything under the rug as soon as possible. Im not expecting a real comment from anyone on this situation.

Regardless, that's not a reaction you make whatever Davis said. I would be extremely disappointed in Austin too if that's what happened. But I bet it's not, he doesn't seem like that type of guy.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Can't believe he shoved Davis after he dropped his perfect pass for the TD. Davis seemed to be giving him a high five as if to say "we'll get em next drive" and Cook just shoves him. And then Will Hayes comes to Davis' defense and Cook still has something to say. Terrible move by Cook. Lost a lot of respect for him today
Cook needs to humble up on another team (Trade time!)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Heat of the game. Like that he's showing that emotion actually, but you have to control that. Can't be throwing your qb under the bus, 3rd string or not. I'm sure he regrets it. Should come out and say something, and move on.

I blame @rifp er whatever his name is for making his thread make him think run before catch lol